Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases
Youka Nitta to Quit Manga Work

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:09 am
Anime News Network

Manga artist Youka Nitta has deleted her entire webpage and blog on Tuesday, and left only an apology in the wake of revelations that she traced photographs in her works. In the apology, she reiterated her sorrow over the "copyright infringement in using photographs I thought 'looked good' in my illustrations." She added that she will stop future writing work and apologized again to the copyright holders of the photographs, the people involved, "and the readers who have enjoyed the works of Youka Nitta, even for just a little bit."

The Japanese publisher Libre has pulled direct links to Nitta's back-catalog from its b-boy website — including even mentions of her works in Libre's CD catalog and product news. Nitta's apology on the front page and the bulletin board dedicated to her still remain on the site, and the pages about some of her works are still indirectly available by searching for her name from other products' pages.

Source

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:28 am
gonk

Well, somehow I hope she'll come back in a year or two after this whole ordeal has been aftershocked.

gonk  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

[News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out