Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Stupid Quiestions...GAH!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Don't you Just Hate those Stupid Questions?...
  Yes Dammit!!
  No...
  Haven't gotten any yet...
  Love Apples!! <3 <3
View Results

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am
The most annoying thing about being Gothic to me is often when I'm walking about mind my own buissness or hanging out at the skatepark under a tree, is sometimes, some frikken idiots come up to me delibritlly ask, "are you Goth?" That question drives me up the frikken wall, I want to frikken Kill the little brat who asks me that!!....do you ever get any stupid questions that downright drive you mad?...let's hear 'em... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 pm
I think there's another thread like this but I'll post here because I feel like it.

So here I am, sitting on a bench and some kid walks up.

Kid: Did your tatoos hurt?
Me: neutral I don't have any tatoos...
Kid: Huh? I thought you did...
Me: Who are you anyway? Why did you think I have tatoos?
Kid: I don't know...you look like you might have them.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:28 pm
We have a thread quite like this already on the main page, but I suppose it well and enough belongs in this subforum. For the time being, I'll allow both to proceed...

One that I'm tired of getting is "How long does it take to get your boots on?" in reference to my knee-highs. I'm floored by the number of people who don't see the zipper on the side.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:34 am
GilAskan
We have a thread quite like this already on the main page, but I suppose it well and enough belongs in this subforum. For the time being, I'll allow both to proceed...

One that I'm tired of getting is "How long does it take to get your boots on?" in reference to my knee-highs. I'm floored by the number of people who don't see the zipper on the side.

ah yes..That question to me is hilarious...I have some knew high boots as well....8 buckles....oh my it can get annoying sometimes....The most annoying question I get is...

Little Brat~Are you Goth?...
Me~Do I look Goth to you?...*Death Glare*
Little Brat~Yeah....*weird look*
Me~There you go!...*takes one threateneing step forward*
Little Brat~ok...sorry!*runs away*

I want to frikken KILL them... ninja Like honestly...am I the only one that gets that one?...just wonderin'?...

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 pm
Manah Uchiha
GilAskan

ah yes..That question to me is hilarious...I have some knew high boots as well....8 buckles....oh my it can get annoying sometimes....The most annoying question I get is...

Little Brat~Are you Goth?...
Me~Do I look Goth to you?...*Death Glare*
Little Brat~Yeah....*weird look*
Me~There you go!...*takes one threateneing step forward*
Little Brat~ok...sorry!*runs away*

I want to frikken KILL them... ninja Like honestly...am I the only one that gets that one?...just wonderin'?...

And the necessity of mean-spirited glaring is... ?

Personally, on some of the times I fully dressed-up (right now it's too damn hot here to wear leather jackets and teased hair), there have been a few instances of "Are you from the 80s?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 pm
Try giving out sarcastic answers. Or just plain wierd ones.

ex:

Q: Are you goth?
A: Actually I'm the re-incarnation of Beowulf. *smile*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:37 pm
XWraith_LordX
Try giving out sarcastic answers. Or just plain wierd ones.

ex:

Q: Are you goth?
A: Actually I'm the re-incarnation of Beowulf. *smile*

Heh heh heh heh.....actually..that is kinda funny!... xd I suppose....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 pm
I don't really get stupid questions...I guess I'm one of the lucky ones *smirk*  

NokomisSnape

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:47 am
Or you could try taking the "are you goth?" question literally!!!

Ex:

Q: Are you Goth?
A: Actually my ancestors were Arabs. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:17 pm
"Do you worship the devil?" - "Why do you talk so weird?" - "Are you goth or something?" - "You think you're white or something?" - "How can you walk in those?" - "You going to a Halloween party girl?" - "Who died?" - "What/who did your hair?" - "Ain't that boy scared?" (in reference to Drake while I was carrying him in a store) - "You think you're so tough?" - "You going to kiill somebody or something?" - and my most common and annoying one "Why are you so dark and/or scary?" I'm nice! gonk
After my look of puzzlement, I never know how to answer these types of questions... neutral

AdrianaKitten

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:24 pm
lol, I get questions like that a lot too.

My general response is to look at them like they're the weird one and go, "What's WRONG with you?"

It works.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 am
Actually, the question I get asked the most often is "do your boots bounce?" And it always makes me smile. smile (I have platform New Rocks and the platforms have 3 springs in them: Linkage. Even when I was in Florence, visiting all the museums & art galleries, (which all have metal detectors at the entrance, and of course, my boots set them all off) all the guards managed to ask me whether I bounced in my boots, regardless of the fact that I spoke no Italian and they spoke no English. The next most frequent question is "don't you hurt yourself on those spikes?" (Spikey collar).  

Slayer Igraine

8GothicGirl9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 pm
User ImageYESS THATS EXCATLY WHAT PPL IN MY SCHOOL ASK!! Its so annoying. I mean, isnt it pretty ovious? I have like 5 people come up to me in one day and say,"Are you goth?",my friends are annoyed of it too.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff