Reply The Music Artists Guild
problems with your band

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kore124

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm
all bands have problems getting started. Odd man In (my band) is really in a mess right now. i want to know if anyone else is having problems too.

our problem is that we lost our rythym guitarist in late june. im not sure of the exact date. but it wasnt that he quit though. that is not the problem with us losing him.

our biggest problem is that he was killed in a car accident.

i want to know if anyones band problems top that  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm
No, it doesn't top that, but I'm pretty sure it's a proof of bad character to call his death a 'problem' and challenging something to top it. I would feel safer to call it an unfortunate incident, and instead of treating it like a bragging contest, inquire: "what problems have occurred in your bands?"

Anyway, lecture over. Our biggest problem is EVERYONE KEEPS MOVING AWAY. Initially, only one of us was even a trained vocalist (it wasn't me), and only one of us could compose music (unfortunately, that was me). I could play keyboard, but the guitarist happened to be the trained singer (and, with all due respect to her, she wasn't good at either), the bassist never learned how to play bass, and the singer (untrained) played the viola and never had a very traditional voice which didn't fit my songs (she was really good though). Then the bassist and guitarist moved just when we found a drummer (the singer's younger brother) ... but he never did anything. Our new guitarist (gawd, it was awesome that she was lesbian... but completely not awesome that I kept forgetting her gender) took guitar lessons, but was always off-key. Our old singer quit, due to overloading school work. Our new singer rocked! Except I got bogged down in school and really, it all just became a piano with vocalist.

Aren't you glad we've never performed? biggrin  

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:44 pm
Death of a band member? How are you so casual about it??? No I have nothing to top that and this incident doesn't make you look very good unless you become aware of the magnitude of something as terrible as death. In whih case you'd be a little less comfortable talking about it. Where are your priorities??? You consider it a BAND problem??  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 pm
i barely knew him... he was in the band because of the the drummer... also... i have been around death long enough that i am hardly affected by it... and that is the sad truth about... and im not acting like it is a bragging contest... its more of an attempt to get sympathy by having one of the hardest challenges a band can go through  

Kore124

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:17 pm
train heartnet124
also... i have been around death long enough that i am hardly affected by it... and that is the sad truth about..

how conveniently dramatic..  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:45 pm
Kaio-Leucitius
train heartnet124
also... i have been around death long enough that i am hardly affected by it... and that is the sad truth about..

how conveniently dramatic..

Yeah, I'm smelling an over-dramatic pity story here.

I've had a lot of friends and family die and every single death, even the death of a pet, is still a HUGE blow to my emotions. I've been mourning my cat for a week now, and it still hurts to think about her. I can't immagine if a family member were to go right now.

Insensitive =/= cool.
Making up crap = worse.

ANYWAYS. Since I like the topic of discussion, minus the wording...

Our bassist is the best bassist I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's a funny guy, original in his own way and he ROCKS the bass, but unfortunatly he's moving far away and can't continue to be in the band.

It wasn't much of a problem as I have another friend who is quite good at bass. Not as good as our first bassist, but he's the best replacement we can find. He's still a really good bass player.

And then our rhythm guitarist is off to see the world, but our lead knows a guy and we're going to see how that works out.

We also may need a new vocalist, all depending if ours doesn't smarten up and actually practice. He BOMBED a song so bad IN CONCERT... forgetting over half the lyrics. But at least he faked his way through it really well.

It just sucked because the song was written by my bf. Grh.

Click link to witness the disaster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KTts0sWkc

Jeeeze.
Hopefully it'll all be sorted out though. We just got our copyright claim on the name and we've been trying to get everything set and recorded well. The only problem is MONEY. It's expensive to be a suffering musician.  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

Coffee Makes You Fat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 am
train heartnet124
all bands have problems getting started. Odd man In (my band) is really in a mess right now. i want to know if anyone else is having problems too.

our problem is that we lost our rythym guitarist in late june. im not sure of the exact date. but it wasnt that he quit though. that is not the problem with us losing him.

our biggest problem is that he was killed in a car accident.

i want to know if anyones band problems top that

I'm sorry to say this hun, but the way you say that makes you sound like a stuck up brat I can just hear you "Oh he was so lame he died." I know I'm putting words in your mouth and I don't care if you barley knew him and your not affected by death! But just because YOU don't care doesn't mean other people don't give him respect that he deserves all I'm wondering is what crap he put up with when he was alive. If he was in your band you should have learned to respect him and get to know him this is the first I've herd of a moronic self-absorbed person not getting to know someone who was in they're band for Christ sake are you missing a screw? so this really pisses me off when you treat this so casually and yet he has a mother, father, siblings, and friends mourning for him, even if thats not the case someone misses him and here you are treating him with no more respect then the meat on your plate. Dieing isn't a ******** BAND problem its a LIFE problem if you were to die and someone said it was a BAND problem you should be offended not elated to think they consider you no more important then a broken instrument. So you need to catch up on life dear because it'll be leaving you behind if you treat others and think of them like that in my opinion its like giving yourself mental abuse and not allowing yourself to feel human emotions is a damn lie. so get over yourself everyone dies and they should ALL be given respect in that sad time even your sorry butt.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 pm
dude, that's just not cool. death is not a band "problem" mmkay? honestly that s**t makes you sound shallow and if I was him I'd sabotage your rig from the afterlife at the worst possible moment for acting like that. I don't even know what to say other than that but you should get the point.  

Space_Monkee

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:01 pm
O_O now we're all jumping on the bandwagon and talking s**t or what? I tihnk we got our point across guise lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:55 am
train heartnet124
i barely knew him... he was in the band because of the the drummer... also... i have been around death long enough that i am hardly affected by it... and that is the sad truth about... and im not acting like it is a bragging contest... its more of an attempt to get sympathy by having one of the hardest challenges a band can go through

Damn it.
Well you still could have written a song out of it.
I'd feel terrible if that happened within my band, I would just have to make my thoughts into a song to share them with everyone.  

Andrew Babcock

Awesome Comes Standard

Mega Smoker

8,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:16 am
Yeah I can top it: every person in my band has a soul and some compassion for human life. BEcause aparantly, thats a problem where you're from.

But I guess in my band *I* am the problem. Bassist/vocalist in a power trio, and the only one of the three who can write, and I moved halfway across the country. Its family though, and I go visit, so we still jam 1 1/2 months of the year. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:23 am
I used to be in a band... But we disbanded really quickly.

The drummer got 'bored' of the band, the pianist... I think I may have scared him off... and then I got depressed and couldn't sing... so the band died. sweatdrop
There were only four people in it anyways... but we were going to play at the school's graduation... XD  

Optimistic Semi-Goth

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff