Did you know? :o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_of_Time_666

Distinct Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:22 pm
I thought we could make a thread for posting useless facts and or interesting things from the news.
Well...the news can be interesting at times.
So anyways...
I was watching the news today and apparently, flaming all over the web [not just on Gaia and they didn't mention Gaia, so it's not really about Gaia, just that it got me thinking about Gaia] is hurting kids/teenager/teachers/and other people soo much that it might become a criminal offense. surprised
They didn't say when it will become a criminal offense or what kind and stuff you shouldn't post in emails and on other websites. But they call it harassement and addressed it as a serious issue. Jesus, it's the internet people. >.< Oy! Well, anyways, I found this rather interesting and funny at the same time. And this was on today, July 12 2008; yet I got mods reporting my a couple month old flames, quite recently.
Can you imagine flaming becoming a criminal offense? xd Wow, just wow.
What do you guys think? Any comments? Any other stories? Let's hear them!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 am
that is quite rediculious I must say  

Foghorn_Moonlight_Goddess

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Sephoenix

Gracious Lunatic

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:59 pm

User Image

Honestly? And you guys might hate me for this... In my opinion it really isn't ridiculous, yes, some people thing along the lines of "it's the internet" but there are others with, you might say a "weaker" state of mind that don't take things that way and it ends up hurting them on a psychological aspect.

I do think that the whole criminal offense thing is going a bit far, but still, don't go thinking that just because it doesn't affect when someone flames you (and I am not addressing anyone in particular, just using "you" in general), it doesn't mean that other people might be the same way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:06 pm
it's something along the same lines as blaming video games for criminal behavior. since jack thompson's crusade against gaming and gamers alike is now in the crapper, everyone has to point to the next best thing and sadly that would be the internet.

societies like ours will always find something to point the finger of blame towards, instead of pointing to a more self oriented direction.  

Llewxam

Melena Rai

Magical Phantom

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:20 am
well first off lol let me just say if they go into past histories of places where people have flamed.. gof you are in for a lifetime of punishment lol!!!

and two.. the internet is a place to be social just like you would in real life.. i am sorry but i do not agree that flamers are RIGHT in anyway but if you put yourself out there in real life as you would also online.. then yes you can get bashed either way you wouldn't arrest or press charges if someone called you a slut or manwhore if they passed by you on the street doing it online shouldn't be an offense.. it should just be courtesy that it doesn't happen

i have had people say .. "why do you talk to people online... aren't you scared?" yes i have met people online and it actually freaks alot of people out and i simply say.. i can get shot walking down the street.. or get raped by someone in a club.. so why do i have to be scared of everything in my life because it is different? .. most of the people i meet are people that i have talked to for years.. IF someone wants to put that much time and interest into my downfall then i was doomed from the start rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:32 am
Haha, yeah, I should be in the slammer by now, eh? The gaia slammer, soo called banned. I've gotten in trouble for slapping someone online, before.
But anyways, I'm a have to agree with Melena Rai, talking to people on here can be scary, but after some time you do know what you're doing. Like my grandpa always said to me, excuse me, this will sound weird cause it's a translation from Russian, so I will change it a bit. He said, it's your life, you know what you want, and what you don't want. For example, if you're here for the damn cybering, you'll get your arse kicked off, if you're here to talk to people, you'll be careful and never given out important information.
Sephoenix, yep, I know it can be a psychological aspect and you can't ask those people to go away, that would be mean. However, it would be nice if they would know what they're going into. Hell, when I got on here, I got the s**t flamed out of me. I'll still flame, cause I have some people, hate their guts, and for revenge. I think it's more of a you live, you learn process. And no I don't hate you for saying that, I hate people who lie just to agree with others, even though so called white lies, can be good at times.
And foghorn_moonlight_goddess, why do you say it's ridiculous, I'm sure you could say a little more? Hm?  

Guardian_of_Time_666

Distinct Elocutionist

Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces