Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Err...
  O.o;
View Results

eternalfaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:59 pm
sweatdrop I'll think of one eventually, I guess.
Any names or places are totally made up and don't really make any sense, so don't bug me about it. I have permission from my Nee-chan to use her character in this story. Yadda yadda.
It's based off of an RP that really had nothing to do with anything in this story, so pretty much everything in it, I made up myself. Which can account for why it's not so great. sweatdrop
The story will be told from both character's point of view eventually. I'm working on the first one right now. They meet up eventually and it becomes one story, so it'll be slightly less confusing then. Hopefully.
Comments, criticism, suggestions are always welcome. I encourage and greatly appreciate it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jeez, if I've ever been more nervous to post something in my life, I don't remember it. >__<;

Pictures-
I have these pictures for reference. I have no clue where they came from, they're not mine, rights belong to whoever drew em, yadda yadda. Just for reference, cuz that's how I see the characters in my head. domokun
-Kira & Kisa (younger)
-Hotaru (momma!)
-Elysia & Alyssa (demon)
I'll prolly be adding more as the story progresses. This is more just for me to keep track of this than anything else. xp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:17 pm
- The End of the Beginning -
Scream of terror, fields of fire -- destruction was all around. The power of the strongest demons had been unleashed upon the small village that housed the world’s five strongest humans. Everything in their path was destroyed as easily as stepping on an ant. These two demons, twins most commonly known as the Tsuin Tenma, were the only two capable of such destruction. Their quest was to make themselves the strongest beings alive. They wished to rid the humans of power nearly equal to that of their own: the Ryokugo, protectors of the village of Saigon. Bodies lay sprawled on the floor; blood was spilt across the entirety of the land.

“They are much too powerful! What should we do?!” screamed Ryu, youngest of the Ryokugo. There was silence as the other four thought of what their chances of winning against such opponents were.

“There’s no hope...” Nato said solemnly. A woman of beautiful stature stood up and slapped him firmly across the face.

“How can you say that?! You are the only ones of power enough to stop them! How can you just give up on the people that rely on you as their savior?!” she cried.

“Hotaru, calm down,” her husband said, placing his hand on her own, “We will never give up hope. Our daughters have yet to see the beauty of the world as we have. I will assure that one day, they will,” Sayuri smiled and kissed his wife on the forehead. At that exact moment, a ball of fire crashed through the roof of the small house they were in.

“Come out, already! How many of your villagers must we slaughter before you show your pathetic human faces?!” Elysia laughed. Her twin sister, Alyssa, flew next to her in the sky, an orb of blue light glowing on her hand.

“It seems they are planning a counter attack,” she said, her voice much sweeter and softer than that of her sister’s. She directed her hand towards one of the villagers that were running away, it solidifying into a spear of ice before impaling the young man. As the fire that disrupted the Ryokugo’s discussion spread all around the walls, they had all evacuated the house. Sayuri nodded at the other four and they seemingly disappeared to a clearer range of land.

“We have only one chance at this,” Tohan said, biting his finger and writing a seal on the dirt. The others did the same until their seals met, creating a circle. When the two demons noticed their actions, they flew above them and Elysia laughed.

“So you finally decided to show your faces, eh?!” she laughed again, “You make this too easy. To think people actually believe you to be our equivalents!!!”

Alyssa touched her arm softly, “Nee-chan, the time for talk is not now. We should destroy them while we still have the chance.” Elysia sighed and nodded her head in agreement.

They then went back-to-back and raised their arms above their heads in synchronization. A chant in demonic language came from their mouths as they closed their eyes and black clouds rolled in, covering the blood red full moon from their view. Below, the Ryokugo chanted Greek words as the same seal they created together appeared on their skin. All ten of their eyes shot open at the same time as the seals glowed a bright white light and a purple and black orb appeared on the demons’ hands. The girls aimed their hands at four of the five men at the same time that the seal’s light was rising up in a cylindrical shape. The blast pierced through the four men’s hearts at incredible speed, the blood splattering over to Sayuri, the one they could not target at the same time. The seal began to unravel from his body as the four fell to the ground, bleeding profusely. A hand grabbed Sayuri’s arm, blood trailing from his arm onto Sayuri’s shirt.

“Miyaku!” Sayuri screamed, moving over to his friend’s body, “Don’t move! I will heal you!” he screamed, placing his hands over Miyaku’s heart. A dim green light emitted from his hands and Miyaku smacked them away.

“Do not concern yourself with such trifles. My life is fading, there is no point,” he smiled, “Finish the spell. You can do it. You’re our only hope.”

“Stop speaking!” Sayuri commanded, determined to save his life.

“I already told you not to bother!” Miyaku screamed, surprising Sayuri into retreat from his wound, “My life is fading, there’s no point in stalling it further. Just finish the spell.”

“I can’t do it alone...” Sayuri said, trying to hold back tears. His best friends now lay dying, leaving the responsibility of finishing the five-man spell on his own.

Miyaku’s grip on Sayuri slipped, “Do not worry, my brother, you can do it...” His eyes slowly closed and Sayuri screamed. The two twins had already begun the same chant to attack and finish off the last and strongest of the Five. Tears rolling gown his face, he placed his hands back on the seal. The marking appeared on his body again, the same glow appearing only weaker. The spell was impossible to do with only four people, let alone one. Anger and sadness was driving Sayuri to attempt the impossible. His level of chakra grew far beyond that of his own and the spell began to form. The demon’s finished their incantation at the same time that Sayuri finished their spell. They shot the orbs as one straight for the Sayuri down below. One final tear dripped from his eye as the blow connected and the spell wrapped itself around the two demons.

“Wha-what the?!” Elysia screamed, struggling against the bindings of light.
“This is...their power,” Alyssa said calmly, not bothering to struggle like her sister. The light turned from white to a sharp yellow, sending an electrical jolt throughout the entirety of their bodies. Screams of pain emitted from the twins’ mouths, their world going black. The light returned to its original white color and lowered them to the ground where they laid unconscious.
Meanwhile, after they evacuated their meeting inside the house, Hotaru ran away with their twins, Kira and Kisa, to a boat. They were to escape the destruction on the island as Hotaru did what was needed of her.

“Hotaru...You must take the twins away from here, far away, and seal the demons’ souls within them,” Kaze said with his eyes closed.

“What?! Why?!” Hotaru protested. She refused to use her own daughters as a sacrifice. Sayuri shook his head and smiled at her.

“Hochan, ((Pronounced haa-chan)) it must be done. We will do our part to fight the Tsuin Tenma but the only way to truly stop them is to seal their souls away forever.” Hotaru blushed at the use of her nickname from so long ago. The feeling of embarrassment was quickly replaced with fear and sadness. She looked back at him, tears in her eyes.

“But why them? Why...Why our daughters?” she shook, trying her hardest not to cry.

“You know as well as the rest of us what is required to seal a soul away. They must be at an equal stand point. To seal the demon twins, we need twins in which to seal them. If done with any other life form, the seal would not be strong enough to bind them,” Nato said, looking over at the sleeping children. Hotaru opened her mouth to argue back but she knew he was right.

“Hotaru, you know I love you. I would never let any harm befall you or our daughters,” he kissed her softly on the forehead, “I believe in you. I love you.” They all gave her a smile before disappearing to fight the Tsuin Tenma. She sighed and turned to her daughters.

“You two...will be the heroes of this village,” she smiled weakly, waking them up and heading out.

“Okaa-san, where are we headed?” Kisa asked, touching her mother’s arm softly, her hands covered by the length of her kimono’s sleeve. Her mother turned to look at her and smiled, saying nothing. She motioned for both Kisa and Kira to sit and they did so obediently. Hotaru performed a few hand seals in quick motion, the twins watching with curiosity.

"Kao!" Hotaru yelled, her daughters falling asleep before her. She ran up to them and caught them before they fell onto the deck of the boat. She propped them up and bit her finger. Hotaru drew different seals on Kisa's kimono, over her heart, on her forehead, and on the back of her palms. She heard a loud explosion and looked up at the island and saw a strange purple glow. Worry filled her but she returned her attention to her duties. She made more hand seals and murmured a chant in half in Greek and half in demonic language.

The seals on Kisa's body began to glow a pure white color just as a tear rolled from Hotaru's eye. Kisa's body began to shake in such a way as one would when having a seizure. Hotaru wanted to stop the binding and help her daughter but she knew she couldn't do that and risk breaking Kisa's soul into pieces. She began to cry out in pain, though unconscious, as her body temperature rose rapidly. Hotaru's hands began to shake as she performed the seals as her desire to help her daughter grew. The young girl screamed out, one last time; then all was silent. She fell into her mother's arms as Hotaru caught her before she fell again. By now, she was in tears. Having to put her child through so much pain was so hard yet she had to do it again.

Only one of the demons' souls were sealed within Kisa's heart; though which of the two was random. Now Hotaru had to perform the same binding on Kira to seal the other away as well. She shook as she layed Kisa's now cold body down and began to draw similar yet slightly different seals on Kira in the same places. As soon as Hotaru began performing the seals and chant again, the boat began to rock as they passed through rough seas. She didn't let it get to her. Continuing her binding, Kira's body began behaving in the same way, starting with the pure white glow. The same shaking appeared in Kira's unconscious behavior as it began to rain and lighting flashed, casting Hotaru's crying figure onto her daughters before her. She was almost complete with the binding process when lightning struck the boat.

Hotaru lost her concentration as she saw the boat crack in half. She grabbed her daughters and moved to the higher end of the boat where the water had yet to reach and looked over at her home one last time. Everything was ablaze. Everyone she knew and loved was probably dead and the island she had been born and lived in quickly burned away. Crimson tears fell from her eyes as more lighting struck the boat. Before she knew it, she was under the water, sinking. Visible to her eyes were bits and pieces of the boat, floating above the water as she sank below. She reached out her hand as if hoping someone would grab it and pull her back up, though this was futile. She clenched her fist and smiled as she sank deeper into the depths of the sea.

"I have no regrets...I lived, I loved...My only wish...is for my daughters...To live a happy life," she thought as her tears bled in with the water.

- Kisa's Beginning -
A little boy, no older than eight, was playing on the beach with his friends as they played tag. Laughter coming from all over the beach nearly over powered the sound of the waves crashing down upon themselves. In his desire to outrun his friend who was now "It", he lost his footing in the sand and tripped onto his face. When he looked up, a girl, seemingly no older than four, was washed up in the sand by the ocean. The boy gasped and got up, staring down at her. She was adorned in a light pink kimono with flower print all over. There were soaked red bows in her jet black hair that was soaked just as well. Her face was pale and she seemed to be shaking though her eyes were closed. Kisa laid before him, unconscious and on the brink of death. A young girl, around the same age as the boy, ran up and tapped him on the back.

"You're 'It', Ryo!!" she laughed, not noticing Kisa laying there. Ryo turned and looked at her, his face still as shocked as when he first saw Kisa.

"Look, Yumi! It's a girl..." he said, pointing Kisa out to her. By now, all their other friends had run over to them to see why they were just standing there. They looked at the small girl laying in the sand when the oldest of them, Ryo's brother Ginji, pushed through them to her. He looked down at her as more ocean water moved up around her, unable to soak her anymore.

"The tide is rising, we must get her to safety. She needs help!" Ryo said, looking at his brother hopefully. Ginji nodded and motioned for them all to go back and warn the parents. He picked her and carried her bridal-style back to their village.

A woman, much older than the children that discovered Kisa, checked for any injuries that she may have sustained in her journey through the rough seas. She changed her from her soaking kimono to a simple kimono her daughter Yumi used at her age. While dressing her with it, Kyoko found strange markings along Kisa's back that seemed to be glowing momentarily. As soon as the glow disappeared, the symbols rearranged themselves into the shape of wings. Kyoko was startled and confused as to how it could do such a thing but paid no attention. When it reformed itself, Kisa woke from her unconscious slumber. She awoke with a moan.

"Uh...Ka...Okaa-san!!!" she screamed, jumping up and looking around, "Okaa-san! Nee-chan!!" she cried, looking around for where her family went.

"Shh! Shh!!" Kyoko said comfortingly, hugging Kisa, "Calm down, it's okay, you're safe...Your family is not here, young one..." she said, running her hands through Kisa's hair soothingly. Kisa felt like crying but only sniffled, trying to smile at the woman that was caring for her. Kyoko then noticed the deep purple of Kisa's eyes.

"So...they aren't here?" Kisa asked in her small, childish voice. Kyoko smiled sadly and shook her head. The children that found her ran into the room and stared up at her sitting there in Kyoko's lap.

"Ryo here," she said, pointing him out from among the children, "found you lying on the beach. How you got here is a complete mystery to us but we'll help you as much as we can, okay?" she smiled a warm, motherly smile. Kisa laughed weakly and rubbed her eyes to keep from crying.

"Thank you...Ryo-kun..." she smiled at him, bowing her head in thanks.
He turn a scarlet red and looked away, "Uh, no problem". Kisa, unaware of his blushing, just smiled brightly. The gesture did not get past his now laughing friends, however.

"Come play with us, Kisa-chan~!" said Yumi, smiling brightly and holding out her hand for Kisa. The small girl looked at her hand and then at Kyoko who also smiled sweetly at her. She then smiled as well and took Yumi's hand, jumping to the ground. "You're "It"~!" Yumi smiled, running out the door, laughing with the rest of the kids. Kisa followed after, laughing as well. As soon as they all left, an elderly man came into the house to speak with Kyoko.

"Was she injured?" he asked, sitting down in a chair next to her.

"No...But I did find some strange markings on her back..." Kyoko said, looking down to where Kisa laid before, when she first observed the markings, "But...When I saw them, they moved! Their positions altered and formed black wings...!" Most people would've thought Kyoko crazy but at hearing this, the man stood. His face was now stern, changed from his calm expression when he first appeared. He headed for the door when Kyoko got up and stopped him.

"Wait, where are you going, Hisao?" Kyoko inquired, grabbing his arm so he wouldn’t leave. He looked back at her, his face still stern.

“That girl...Must leave this place,” he said firmly, “She has the mark of the devil. Her wings cannot take flight in this holy place...” Kyoko’s grip on his arm fell limp, her arm falling to her side. She couldn’t believe that such an innocent child was sealed to such a fate. Just at that moment, large bells rang from the heart of the town, signaling all the townsfolk to the town hall. The children playing outside all ran towards the bells, leaving Kisa slightly confused. Yumi saw her and smiled, running back.

“Come on, it’s time for the daily prayer!” she smiled, grabbing her hand and pulling her alongside as she ran to catch up with the others. Kisa, still confused, ran with her.

“What do we do?” she asked, stumbling as the kimono she wore was a little big on her.

“Everyone gathers as Nee-sama prays to the gods for protection over our village,” Yumi tried explaining, “The villagers all gather in prayer to help our hopes reach the gods. We pray every day at noon, though the adults get grumpy if we’re late!”

The two girls giggled as they came upon the great hall. Two large bells were swinging back and forth, ringing a melodic tune. Many people were filtering into the grounds, one graceful woman in front of them all. She was heading to a platform, the bells chiming in the background. Kisa gasped at how pretty she was, though the miko of their village, her mother, was much more beautiful. Yumi pulled Kisa over to where all her friends were so they could pray together. Seemingly excited, Yumi sat on the very edge of the grounds, a bright smile on her face. When the miko passed by, she sat up and bowed her head to her. Kisa watched as the miko walked right past her, not giving Yumi any sign of regard. A sad smile stayed on Yumi’s face as her eyes wandered to the ground and the miko stood on the platform. Her expressionless face eyed the villagers as they kneeled before her.

“My family, we have worked together through the good times and the bad. Through and through, we have been there for each other. The gods smile upon us today, as a new wave has been brought upon our humble village. Let us pray for good fortune and well-being to grace our village once again,” she spoke, her voice ringing throughout the silent grounds. As the final words left her mouth, villagers brought their heads down in prayer. Ginji reached his hand up and shoved Kisa’s head down, grinning at her before resuming the position of their prayer. Kisa rubbed her neck but understood, gracing her hands together as well.

The miko stood before them, closing her eyes and gracing her hands in the same way. There was about three minutes of silence as everyone kept a silent prayer in thanks for the blessings of the gods. Then, after the prayer was finished, everyone rose their heads and began to sing a hymn. Their eyes were still closed and their hands still clasped, smiles born on their faces as they sang. Kisa, not knowing the hymn, looking around at everyone before noticing that the miko was doing a ritual dance upon the platform. She watched in awe until a sudden pain surged throughout her body. Her eyes widened and she bent over, coughing into her hand. The beating of her heart sped up rapidly, and Hisao, who was kneeling down opposite the children, opened one of his eyes to watch her struggle as he sang the hymn. Her body was reacting to the song.

Just as it finished, Kisa gasped for air and Yumi looked at her concerned. The small girl just smiled it off, saying that she was just choking on something weird, not knowing what really happened. Then Yumi’s attention was snatched from Kisa as the miko finished her dance. All the villagers opened their eyes and watched her with smiles on their faces. She reached her arms up to the sky and a brilliant combination of orange, yellow and red light exploded above her, little golden specks of light fluttering down around her. At this sight, tears poured forth from Kisa’s eyes. The child just stood there, silently watching the miko taking her bow and the villagers yelling and cheering, droplets of water hitting the floor beneath her. Though silent, Yumi noticed the tears. The smile that was on her face quickly disappeared and she knelt down to Kisa’s height. “Kisa-chan? Kisa, what’s wrong?”

Just then, Hisao appeared behind them and grabbed Kisa’s shoulder. Yumi jumped from his sudden appearance, straightening herself out and bowing her head politely. Kisa looked up at him, tears still rolling down her face. His face was stern, hardened with disgust and contempt. The child was too young to recognize these emotions, but they would soon become familiar to her. Hisao pulled her away, his grip on her shoulder firm. Kisa’s natural reaction was to snap away from him. She ran behind Yumi, who continued to hold her head bowed in Hisao’s presence.

“Child. You must come with me,” he said, his voice cold. His steely eyes struck fear into Kisa’s heart and she shook her head in violent protest. Yumi, keeping her head down, turned to look back at the frightened child.

“Kisa, go with him.” When she shook her head again, Yumi nudged her with her shoulder. “C’mon, Kisa-chan! Don’t you know who he is? That’s the village chief, Nee-sama’s father. You’re disrespecting him! Just go along with him, he won’t hurt you!” Sick of listening to their whispering, Hisao pushed Yumi out of the way, Ginji barely turning in time to catch Yumi before she fell. He watched as the chief advanced towards Kisa, who simply cowered in fear. Hisao grabbed her arm with even more strength than before.

“No!!” Kisa yelled, a jolt of electricity shocking Hisao’s hand as she pulled away yet again. He grabbed his arm in pain and looked at his hand, small cuts randomly placed on his hand, dripping blood to the floor. Kisa, now crying again, turned away from him and started running.

“Seize her!” he shouted, the villagers and the children now turning to watch the commotion. A couple of middle-aged men grabbed Kisa by the arms.

“No! Let me go!” she cried, trying to twist her way out of their grasp. An enraged Hisao walked towards where the two men held Kisa immobile. The villagers were now forming a circle around the four. Kisa could clearly see Ginji, Yumi, Ryo, and all the others from behind the approaching Hisao. She could tell by the look in their eyes that they were in no position to help her, just as she was in no position to refuse.

“Take her to the prison,” Hisao whispered to the men who simply nodded in return. They dragged Kisa away, kicking and screaming. The villagers were whispering to each other, staring in awe and confusion. Ryo looked up at his older brother who held a shaking Yumi in his arms.

“Nii-san? Where are they taking Kisa-chan?” he asked, his eyes showing genuine concern for his new friend. Ginji just looked down at him and shook his head, using his silence to tell him that it’s best not to question these things. There was nothing they could do.  

eternalfaith

eternalfaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 pm
I reeeeaaaally hate Gaia's posting style for changing the format. I had to go through and edit everything. gonk User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Where's the rest? crying

I liked it lots~  

Aska

Fashionable Phantom

eternalfaith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 am
xd It's coming, I promise!! I'll prolly post another part of it up either later today or tomorrow.

Thankies~! heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:43 pm
The prison was a large and cold, made of thick stone and cement floors. The cells were made of the same thick stone, though the front wall was made of thick steel bars crossing each other in both vertical and horizontal directions. There were beds of stone with sorry excuses for blankets on each one. To make the cells a little more comfortable, a small window was carved in the top center of the back wall, allowed sunlight to filter in and a nice breeze. Each cell was separated by the thick walls, the cells lined up and down a long hallway. Kisa was not in any of these cells. At the end of the hallway was a door that lead to a room, leading to other hallways. Prisoners of this town dreaded ever having to come into this room. The center hallway lead to the execution room. The other hallways lead to different torture rooms. It was in one of these rooms that Kisa was held captive.

Her cell was quite unlike any of the other cells. There were no bars; it was just a room of solid stone. Even the small window that offered a tiny glimpse of hope to regular prisoners was absent from this room. What was inside was no ray of sunshine. There was a table in the center with shackles and straps on it, obviously used to tie down the prisoners. Along the walls were more shackles and various instruments of torture. Kisa was handcuffed and hiding in the corner the farthest wall of the room. The nervous shaking of her entire body was producing a loud clattering noise as the shackles clicked together. She was absolutely terrified. When she heard the clicking of the door being unlocked, she flinched and tried to squeeze herself further into the corner of the room as Hisao walked towards her. His face was still full of contempt, but anger was now added into the mix.

“That was quite the trick you pulled earlier,” his cold voice rang out in the empty room. He held up his now bandaged hand and examined it carelessly, “I must say I was not surprised at all.”

Kisa shook her head slightly, barely managing to speak at all, “I-I’m s-sorry. I d-didn’t mean to, I don’t e-even know how-“

”Save your words!” he interrupted, glaring down at her, “I will not listen to any of your lies.” He quickly walked over to her and grabbed the front of her kimono, pulling her up to meet him at eye level. His harsh black eyes stared deep into her soft purple ones, so full of fear. “I know what you are. I know that you are a devil in disguise. I know-“

”I-I have no idea what your talking about!” she cried, her tiny hands grabbing at his single, much larger hand, “Please, let me go! I don’t know-"

”Don’t toy with me!” Hisao yelled, throwing her violently to the floor. She landed with a thud and cowered in fear as he came closer again. He grabbed her by the back of her collar and began dragging her towards the table in the center of the room, his yelling echoing against the stone walls. “I will not let your evil defile our holy town! My people are pure and I will not let you taint them with your filthy hands!”

“No! Please!! Let me go!! I don’t-“ she sobbed, grabbing hopelessly at the floor, trying to pull away from him. She cried out in pain as he picked her up and dropped her onto the hard table, trying to scramble away as soon as she was free from his grasp.

“Restrain her!” Hisao called to the guards at the door. Upon command, they took hold of the struggling child and pushed her stomach-down onto the table, using the straps to tie her down. Kisa wiggled and pushed and tried everything in her power in the futile hope of escaping her restraints. Hisao shoved her head down with one hand, using the other to cut open the back of her kimono with a knife. “I shall find out what your true form is and banish you back to the hell from whence you came.”

There on her back, just as Kyoko said, were several symbols and markings embedded in her skin. They began to glow a pale white and reformed themselves into the black wings described to him earlier. His face immediately turned to that of moderate fear and he moved in front of Kisa’s face, kneeling down to her eye level. He grabbed her by the hair and pulled her head up, forcing her to face him.

“Child, what village did you come from?”

“I don’t know!” she cried, tears streaming down her face, “I don’t know, I don’t-!”

“Tell me!” he shouted, releasing her hair and standing, allowing her head to fall back down to the table. He walked over to a table of instruments, of which sort Kisa couldn’t see from her position on the table. She could hear the rattling of metal, which led her to believe they were some sort of knives. “About a week ago, the village of Saigon was attacked and destroyed. Did you come from that village?”

“I don’t know! Let me go! I want my mother! Let me go!” she said, shaking her head.

“Answer me!” he yelled, again lifting her head by the hair and holding an oddly shaped knife to her throat, “Did you attack that village?! Are you the one who destroyed Saigon?!”

“No!” Kisa shouted, trying to edge away from the knife. Droplets of water fell onto the blade as it was pressed closer into her skin. “I didn’t do it! It wasn’t me! Please let me go!!”

“Liar!” he screamed, slashing at her neck with a swift movement of his hand. The cut was not deep enough to kill her, not even mortally wound her, but the child screamed out in pain as blood came pouring forth from the wound. Though there was much blood, in just a few moments, the cut sealed itself and healed completely, not even leaving a mark. Hisao laughed shakily, dropping her head again and walking towards a different array of tools. “I knew it! A child bearing the markings of the Tsuin Tenma, the devils of the black wings, appears in my village just days after Saigon is destroyed. Either you, child, are one of the Tsuin Tenma in disguise or have one sealed within your body! Regardless which, you must be exterminated!”

Kisa shook in desperation, her eyes burning from crying, “No! No!! Please, please! No!!” Hisao turned around, holding paper in his hands that were undoubtedly seals. He began to chant in Greek and Kisa cried out in pain, feeling her body pulled downwards toward the table as if an incredible weight was placed upon her back. He placed the seals on each side of the table, a circle of red light then encircling where the child writhed in pain. His chanting got louder, as did Kisa’s screaming. After a few minutes of this, the seal was completed and Kisa lay still on the table. Hisao wearily walked over to where her head rested on the cold table and he bent over to look at her face, making sure she was unconscious. Just as he did this, Kisa’s eyes suddenly opened, showing a sharp silver rather than her brilliant purple.

“Big mistake,” she snarled, her voice now deeper and full of bloodlust. Hisao jumped and stumbled backwards into a tray of tools, shaking violently as he watched Kisa rip herself free from her bindings with ease. It was obvious that something within her had changed. The demon named Alyssa had been awoken.

“N-no, th-that’s impossible!” he stuttered, watching in fear as the seals he placed simply disintegrated.

“You fool!” she exclaimed, now standing on the table and turning to face him. She glared down at him, “You think a weak human such as you can bind me? Don’t make me laugh! You are nothing in comparison to my power!”

“G-guards!” he squealed, thrusting a shaky hand in Alyssa’s direction, “S-seize her!!” She turned to face them as they hesitantly advanced towards her. An eery cackle escaped from her lips and, with a simple movement of her hand, both guards immediately ceased movement. A small choking sound was heard and their bodies fell to the ground, blood pouring from their mouths to form a nice puddle beneath them. Hisao’s legs gave out and he fell to his knees. Paralyzed with fear, he simply sat there staring at the guards’ lifeless forms. Alyssa laughed again and jumped, floating down to hit the ground before him softly.

“Now do you understand, human? Even sealed within this child’s body, you and your toy soldiers are no match for me,” she stated, grinning like a fox before its prey. She held up her hand, holding her palm right in front of his face, when he cried out in desperation.

“Wait!! Please, please don’t kill me! Please, I beg of you. Leave this village in peace and just go. Please!” he begged, clasping his hands together and bowing his head. Alyssa paid him no mind and instead stared at her palm. Rather, she stared at Kisa’s palm. A look of disappointment showed in her eyes.

“He should be dead,” she thought, Hisao’s ranting being ignored in the background, “It must be this child’s body. I can’t perform some of my magic. How bothersome. I will have to test how far this body can go handling my power. But if she dies, my existence ceases with her own. Hmph.” She looked away from her hand and back to the pitiful human begging for his life at her feet.

“-and if you swear to leave, I will allow you to without harming you! Please just-” he continued, not even realizing that she was ignoring him the whole time.

“Silence, human!” she snapped, “Cease your pathetic whimpering! I-“ She stopped mid-sentence as she rethought his statement. “Wait a moment. Did you just say that you would allow me to leave?” Hisao opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He realized just how big of a mistake he had made. Alyssa continued with her satire, “You honestly believe that you can give me permission to do anything? If I remember correctly, you were begging for your life just a few seconds ago!” As she spoke, she began to advance closer to Hisao, who was now on his rear and crawling backwards away from Alyssa and towards the door. When his hand came in contact with something wet and sticky, he looked down and saw the guards’ bodies. The door was just next to him. “You brought me in here with the intention of killing me. You slit my throat! You tried to seal me! There is no escape for you, human!” Just as he scrambled to his feet to open the door, Alyssa grabbed his head with one hand.

On the other side of the door, there were five guards who, hearing the screams coming from within the cell, had lined up within the hallway in preparation to battle whatever came out of the room. Standing there in anticipation, the guards could hear Hisao scream “Guards!” one last time. Immediately after hearing him, the door and most of the wall around it exploded forth. Debris and chunks of stone flew everywhere, the guards doing the best they could to shield themselves from the projectiles. They backed away until they were in the room that lead to the main hallway, keeping themselves facing the now destroyed cell’s direction.

Once the dust settled, they could see Kisa’s small form emerging from the rubble. In her hand, hanging by the hair, was Hisao’s head. It was then that the guards panicked, turning to retreat from the prison. But Alyssa’s rage was not over. The thirst for blood still lingered in her mouth. She released Hisao’s head and in its place materialized a katana, another exactly like it in the other hand as well. In a matter of seconds, before the guards even had a chance to scream, the room was painted red with their blood and body parts lay askew all across the floor. No patience for formalities, the second door was also destroyed and Alyssa made way to the streets of the village.

The explosions did not go unnoticed. Wary citizens were quickly retreating to their homes, parents ushering children away from their curiosity. Alyssa walked through the streets, giving each person she caught staring at her a look that told them not to come close. Though they knew better, the villagers couldn’t help but stare at the four year old whose kimono was covered in blood. She wouldn’t kill them just for being there; she wasn’t her sister. They were too weak for her to have any reason to kill them. Regardless, it didn’t change the fact that they were staring and she was pissed. A few unfortunate people came just a bit too close to her, the result being a fairly large hole where their hearts used to be.

Alyssa was unintentionally walking towards the town hall, where just hours before she had prayed with the rest of the villagers. Behind her followed a trail of death, dead bodies and blood randomly strewn about the streets. Everyone was at a loss as to what should be done. All, save for the miko of the town. She was already waiting, standing upon the platform. Alyssa couldn’t help but smile as the older woman came into view.

“Now here,” she grinned, her voice booming in the large hall, “is someone almost worth fighting.”

“Silence, demon,” the miko said, glaring, “Your reign of terror ends now. You have killed many of my people and I will not allow that to pass unpunished.”

“Oh, really? And just how do you propose to do that, ‘Nee-sama’?” Alyssa mused, mimicking Yumi’s admiration.

She raised her head in disregard to the name, “My name is Akari, miko and guardian of the holy city of Mizuno. And I will be the one to stop you.” Akari lifted a bow and shot a single arrow with a seal tied to the feather at Alyssa. Leaning to the side just a bit, Alyssa felt the brush of air as the arrow passed right by her cheek and hit the wall behind her. Though the arrow didn’t touch her, she could feel the skin on that side of her face burning slightly. A smirk formed on her lips.

“Interesting. This should be fun.” She positioned herself in a fighting stance and held out her hands, two katanas materializing into her grip. The blades gleamed in the sunlight as Alyssa waited; the sound of stretching as Akari drew her bow barely broke the silence between them. All was still for nearly a minute. Then, in the blink of an eye, the battle began. Several arrows took flight, all of which were smacked away lazily by Alyssa’s katanas. Slowly, she began advancing towards the platform. Akari released more arrows that landed neatly in the ground. Alyssa took this as her missing but in seconds, after a small incantation was said, the seals on the tails of the arrows formed a circle around her. She watched with little amusement as the miko tried to paralyze her legs. A small pain, barely enough to even make her blink, passed through her leg as she simply stepped over the barrier.

“Come on now, miko! You can do better than that!” Before her second foot touched the ground outside the barrier, Akari snapped and the seals exploded, causing rocks and dust to fly up around her. Alyssa laughed, “So you have some tricks up your sleeves. I have a couple of my own, as well!” Just to spite her, Alyssa copied Akari’s snapping and snapped her own fingers. The miko’s eyes widened just a bit as her shoulder suddenly exploded, blood flying forth from the wound. She reached up with the other arm to grab her cut, doubling over slightly from the pain. “Don’t drop your guard now!” Faster than her eyes could comprehend, Alyssa was above her with one katana behind her and the other ready to strike. This attack was never meant to connect, as she could already predict what the next move would be.

Akari, with a seal between two of her fingers, held it up above her to where Alyssa was coming. The seal exploded, just as Alyssa expected and she used the blast to flip backwards. Sliding backwards a bit as she landed, she steadied herself and ran in once more. Akari didn’t have enough time to react as Alyssa ran behind her and, with the dull end of one katana, stuck her back with enough force to send her flying off of the platform. What Alyssa failed to realize was that the platform was already lined with several different seals.

As Akari came in contact with the ground, she used the blood from her wound to draw a spell on the ground. Bright yellow light shot upwards from the borders of the platform and Alyssa let out a small cry of pain. The katanas fell from her hands and dissipated as they hit the ground. She held one hand up and, just as she did a week ago in Saigon, and fired a blue orb which solidified into a spear as it hit its target. Akari screamed in pain as the spear stabbed into her side, the ice then creeping along her skin. Both girls were in the process of another spell when Yumi ran into the hall.

“Stop!!” she cried, her voice full of desperation, “Kisa-chan!” Alyssa looked up and her silver eyes faded back to purple for just a second. But Akari was not deterred by the interruption. The cries that escaped the child’s mouth when the spell hit her were not Alyssa’s; they were Kisa’s.

Yumi ran up to Akari’s side, followed by Ginji, Ryo, and some other villagers. They all looked up to the platform as the dust from the last spell filtered out. Emerging from the dust was Kisa’s form, standing up after having been knocked to the floor by the attack. When the dust cleared, they stared in horror as that could clearly see silver eyes staring back at them, tears rolling from those enraged eyes. She released a shrill cry and the sky became darkened by clouds, a storm forming in attraction to the power gathering within the child. Now that she was wounded, she was angrier than ever before and the miko would be sure to pay.

Akari began choking, on what no one could tell, but there was blood pouring from the corners of her mouth. The katanas again appeared in Alyssa’s hands, the steel blades now black with red flames engraved in them. Growling, she made a dash straight towards her enemy, this time with the intent to kill.

“No!!” Yumi shouted, throwing herself in front of Akari and outstretching her arms. Alyssa halted her attack mere inches from impaling both her and the miko. The purple returned to her eyes and the blades disappeared, along with Akari’s choking. Kisa collapsed onto Yumi, who held her close as the child shook violently. Her consciousness quickly slipping away, Kisa continued to cry, whispering “Nee-chan...Nee-chan...” over and over. Yumi felt a drop of water on her face and looked up to find that it was beginning to rain. She looked back to the child in her arms and held her closer. The nightmare was finally over.  

eternalfaith

MPH Art Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff