Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Alloy interview with Ryan Ross.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Source:
  http://www.alloy.com/5/86/7366/1/
  The Brad Pitt & THS part made me laugh =D
  & I expect all you in Vegas to try the rock thing too!
  Do it at Spencer's house too.
  <3
View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:27 am
Remember way back when MTV played music videos? As farfetched as it may seem, there was a time when you'd turn on MTV and see video after video instead of reality show after reality show. Don't get us wrong! We heart MTV. It's just, well, we want our Music Television! And that's what we're getting with FNMTV Premieres…, a Friday night music event composed of video debuts and live performances hosted by Pete Wentz. This week, Panic At The Disco takes the stage for the inaugural eppie. Before you tune in, read our interview with guitar/lyricist Ryan Ross!

What can fans expect from your performance on FNMTV?

We're trying to figure it out now. It's the first show, so we don't really know what the standard is. I think we're just gonna try to make it a group effort and involve the crowd and everyone.

From what you've seen so far, what's your take on the series?
I think it's gonna be great. I think anything that MTV is gonna do to actually play music again is good for people and good for the station and good for bands as well. So, I dunno, I'm excited for it.

What do you think makes a music video good and different from others?
It's really hard. There's been so many music videos, but it's always nice to see someone come up with a good idea and it not cost a lot of money, as opposed to just spending a lot of money on not such a good idea. I think being creative with the idea is definitely more useful than a big budget.

What's your favorite MTV show of all time?
Probably Diary. I wish they would still do that because it was really interesting.

How is Pretty. Odd. different than A Fever You Can't Sweat Out?
It's got all new songs on it, and we got a new member in our band. And it's just better.

What's your favorite song on the new album?
Probably "Mad as Rabbits."

Tell us about your day-to-day stuff. What are you normally doing at 9 a.m.? What are you normally doing at 9 p.m.?
Sleeping at 9 in the morning, and 9 at night, doing jumping jacks or vocal warm-ups because we usually go on about 9:45.

What's the oddest thing that's happened to you lately?
We did a radio thing the other day, and we showed up and we were supposed to play three acoustic songs, and it was in this theatre where they were doing an amateur wrestling match. So, we walked in and we sat on the stage, and there was about 30 people there. And in the middle of the thing there was a wrestling rink, so that's probably the strangest thing we've done on this tour.

In the "That Green Gentleman" video, you had kids who played your younger selves. Who would you want to play you in a movie about the band?
Brad Pitt because I look exactly like him.

If you could be any age again, how old would you be?
Probably about 9 or 10 because that's right before you have to start caring about real things in your life.

What's the quickest song you ever wrote and produced?
Either "Nine in the Afternoon" or "She's a Handsome Woman."

Last year, you did "Tonight Tonight" on the Smashing Pumpkins tribute LP. What other song do you guys like to cover and why?
We've covered "Karma Police" before; we've covered "The Weight" by The Band and "Killer Queen." We do a lot of covers, and they're always a lot of fun. This tour is kind of the first one we haven't done a cover on because we have enough songs to fill our own set now, but we'll probably keep on doing them.

You discovered The Hush Sound. Have they done anything to pay you back, to thank you?
Uh, no -- they're unthankful little [brats].

What drew you to them?
I just heard them while we were making our first album, and I liked them. I told the people at the label about them, and they liked it as well. They're actually on tour with us right now, as they were a couple summers ago. They're just great people and good songwriters.

You guys did the Honda Civic Tour this year with The Hush Sound. Are you a good driver?
I'm a pretty good driver. I've only gotten one speeding ticket, I believe, in my driving career, so yeah -- it's all right.

Who's your dream touring partner? Anyone in the world…
I'd say The Who or The Beatles, someone like that, but you know, then again, maybe not because it'd be pretty impossible to compete with them. I'm not sure. That's always a weird question!

What's the craziest thing a fan has done to get your attention?
One time, they left a message spelled out in rocks in my front yard. That was probably the best, and they left some gifts and stuff.

What are your summer plans?
Well, we're going to be going to Europe pretty soon. We're going to be there for about a month. And then we go to Australia, Japan and China -- all over the place. So pretty much traveling all summer.

Edit: Heyy one of my poll options disappeared. I must have forgotten to press "add option" or something xp It was about doing the rock thing at Jon & Brendon's houses also.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:36 am
stare do they always have to ask how their first record is diffrent from the first? : )) Lol @the oddest thing imma try to imagine that xDD
LOL brad pitt, i'd never guess. Lol i love ryan in interviews hes so cute xDD

Heavens Savior

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:37 am
surprised How dare does Ryan insult the Hushies! xD
Ryan = Brad Pitt...?
I'm sorry I see no similarity. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:42 am
Ryan looks better than Brad Pitt. xd

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:43 pm
PrimeOdd

Hands down, bby.
I was on Photobucket and typed in Ryan Ross.
And I'm like, "Oh, this is a slice of heaven."
redface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 pm
User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

Ryan's so adorably funny.
whee

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

sandflea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:06 pm
Polyphonic Twilight

How is Pretty. Odd. different than A Fever You Can't Sweat Out?
It's got all new songs on it, and we got a new member in our band. And it's just better.

Duh?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 pm
"In the "That Green Gentleman" video, you had kids who played your younger selves. Who would you want to play you in a movie about the band?
Brad Pitt because I look exactly like him. "
Ohemgee, Ryan rofl Hahaa. Ryan looks way better than Brad Pitt heart

Panda Cheval

miss-mechanical

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 pm
Ryan can own Brad Pitt in looks biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:42 pm
GoodbyeLights
PrimeOdd

Hands down, bby.
redface

rofl Sillllyyy.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:11 pm
GoodbyeLights
PrimeOdd

Hands down, bby.
redface

Good reaction wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:48 pm
Ryan will always look better then Brad Pitt.  

Fragile Panic

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff