Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Wicca Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:48 pm
okay so several of my friends are wiccans and i was wondering if anyone could help me understand what it means to be a wiccan.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:53 pm
First of all, you need to find a coven, which tends to be a challenge since they don't advertise. Then you need to verify their lineage through various ways and see if you can attach yourself to a reputable coven. If they find you acceptable, and you find them acceptable, and you're over 18, you can start moving toward being initiated.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm
Deoridhe
First of all, you need to find a coven, which tends to be a challenge since they don't advertise. Then you need to verify their lineage through various ways and see if you can attach yourself to a reputable coven. If they find you acceptable, and you find them acceptable, and you're over 18, you can start moving toward being initiated.

thank you but what if your under 18?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:03 pm
Wolves92

Wait. Or study something else. Who knows, Wica is a fertility cult. It might not suit you anyway.

That said- how do you know your friends are of the Wica?  

TeaDidikai

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:44 am
TeaDidikai
Wolves92

Wait. Or study something else. Who knows, Wica is a fertility cult. It might not suit you anyway.

Well one of them is eightteen and asked my cousin to marry him and they are planning to have a traditional pagan wedding considering they both turned out to be wiccans. And a few of my other friends were talking about it and they started to explain it a little bit to me and i got some of it but a lot i didn't. these guys i've know since 1st grade quite litteraly so we have no secrets.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:48 am
Just make sure that they know what Wicca is... A lot of people these days get confused between Wicca and General Eclectic Neo-Paganism. To be a Wiccan they must be initiated into a coven which has lineage to Gerald Gardner which they must be 18 for due to the fact of the Wiccan Great rite involving sexual intercourse.

Most people who say they are Wiccan are infact not Wiccans and if you were able to pass this information to your friends then that would be great. It is not their fault due to a huge amount of misleading books being marketed to teenagers. This is not to test their beliefs or anything but if so they are calling themselves the wrong thing - They should use the term Pagan, Neo-Pagan or even Witch until follow a specific path which they may never do. It would be sort of like a person practicing Jewish traditions but calling themselves a Christian.  

Cirrus Mystallow

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 am
Cirrus Mystallow
Just make sure that they know what Wicca is... A lot of people these days get confused between Wicca and General Eclectic Neo-Paganism. To be a Wiccan they must be initiated into a coven which has lineage to Gerald Gardner which they must be 18 for due to the fact of the Wiccan Great rite involving sexual intercourse.

Most people who say they are Wiccan are infact not Wiccans and if you were able to pass this information to your friends then that would be great. It is not their fault due to a huge amount of misleading books being marketed to teenagers. This is not to test their beliefs or anything but if so they are calling themselves the wrong thing - They should use the term Pagan, Neo-Pagan or even Witch until follow a specific path which they may never do. It would be sort of like a person practicing Jewish traditions but calling themselves a Christian.

I'll pass it along.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:21 pm
Wolves92
TeaDidikai
Wolves92

Well one of them is eightteen and asked my cousin to marry him and they are planning to have a traditional pagan wedding considering they both turned out to be wiccans. And a few of my other friends were talking about it and they started to explain it a little bit to me and i got some of it but a lot i didn't. these guys i've know since 1st grade quite litteraly so we have no secrets.

If they are Wiccan, and you aren't, and they have no secrets from you, then by definition they must be oathbreakers. 8/  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:18 pm
Deoridhe
Wolves92
TeaDidikai
Wolves92

If they are Wiccan, and you aren't, and they have no secrets from you, then by definition they must be oathbreakers. 8/

i explained what i was told to and they now call themselves pagan not wiccan. they got the wrong info. from their source.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:33 pm
That's very mature of them. Props.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 am
Wolves92
i explained what i was told to and they now call themselves pagan not wiccan. they got the wrong info. from their source.

Lovely. ^_^ Very glad to hear it. Feel free to send them our way if they have any questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:12 am
Deoridhe
Wolves92

Lovely. ^_^ Very glad to hear it. Feel free to send them our way if they have any questions.
It really is a wonderful thing when people who seek to learn actually do! heart  

TeaDidikai

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 pm
I'll let them know that this guild id here and they might check it out i dunno if they have accounts or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 pm
I've been looking for an appropriate topic to post this in for a little while, so I hope that this will do.

I've heard many pagans refer to The Burning Times, and I keep getting confused as to it's significance. Is this an accurate or correct statement? I've seen this title be laughed at, so I assume this is a fluffy type misunderstanding.

My only guess is that it's a reference to Europe's prosecution of people who weren't openly of the Christian religion (in conjunction with the Malleus Maleficarum?).

This has kind of bugged me for a while, and so I hope you might help me understand. ^^  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:12 pm
The term "the burning times" is used to refer to the Inquisition and "witch burnings" (a misnomer because often hanging, drowning, torture, etc... were used to kill people instead) kind of all glommed together, however historical evidence about both of those is that usually the people targeted were heretics - i.e. Christians who weren't "Christian enough" in some way - not actual pagans.

This is why I find using the Witch's Hammer as a ritual guide so incredibly baffling.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff