Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply \m/[(>.<)]\m/.........♪♫♪♫............Rocking Out!! (Music)
Live Gigs Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of your top bands have you seen live?
  I've seen none T-T
  I've seen a few...
  I've seen enough
  I've seen most of them! ^-^
  I've seen ALL of them!!! XD
  I don't like live gigs much...
  Who says I like music?
View Results

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:21 am
What bands have you seen live? Have you met any famous artists?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:18 am
Bands I've seen live:
- LINKIN PARK!!! (Aus/NZ tour 07)
- Evanescence (Aus tour 07)
- Hilltops (BDO 05 and Rollercoaster 07)
- Streets (BDO 05 and BDO 07)
- Live (Songs From Black Mountain Tour 06)
- Birds Of Tokyo (BDO 07, UWA ODay 07, Yac-A-Toa 07, Blackjack 07, Acoustic show at Fly By Night 07, Rollercoaster 07 and Universes tour 0 cool
- Gnarls Barklay (Blackjack 07)
- Offspring and Killswitch Engage (Soundwave 08 )
- Maroon 5 (08 tour)
- Cat Empire (07 tour)
- Panic! At The Disco and Cobra Starship (Panic! 08 tour)

as well as:
Sick Puppies, The Butterfly Effect, Trivium, Tool and Muse (BDO07)
Eskimo Joe and The Vines (Blackjack 07)
Shihad (Evanescence Aus tour and Rollercoaster 07)
Kisschasy (Rollercoaster 07)
One Republic (Maroon 5 tour)
The Academy Is... (Panic! 08 tour)

So I've seen my top 6 bands live!!! mrgreen

Also!!!
I met, talked to and hugged Adam Spark (guitar), Glenn Sarangapany (keyboard), Adam Weston (drums) and Anthonny Jackson (bass) from Birds of Tokyo!!! It was heller awesome!!!

Man... I've seen a lot... Well I spose going to gigs is one of my hobbies xd  

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:02 am
man ur so lucky!!! ive never seen any bands but ive met alot of celbrities:

Mcikey Rooney
Carol Channing
Nicolas Cage's aunt

I also collect autographs and write fanmail to celebs

The most recent autograph i got back was

2 signed pics of robin williams
the only thing is on of them got destroyed, accientally spilt water on them, crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:42 am
thats cool Fb360

and druid im so jealous of u!!

i go see local bands play and mostly christian however i am one who loves live music i just dont have the time or money to see em all  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 am
Yeah as I said... I kinda make a point of seeing every band that I like that comes here. When we get that new entertainment centre built I think perhaps we'll get more bands coming over but many don't come to Perth because it's too far away. They do the Eastern states because they're all bunched up but they skip Perth. Therefore I make the most of those that do come here! I regret missing The Used, Fall Out Boy and Snowpatrol last year and My Chemical Romance at the BDO I went to!!! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm
i like to watch ppl do karaoke....lol  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:25 am
Melisciose22
i like to watch ppl do karaoke....lol

Yeah, I like to play and watch karaoke. A friend of mine used to arrange regular karaoke trips and sometimes they are held in the Tav at my uni- those people are really bad at it hahahaha! Singstar and Rockband are kinda like karaoke too! razz  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:09 am
Blink 182, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Paramore, All Time Low, Motion City Soundtrack, Pennywise, New Found Glory, Rancid, Journy, Heart, Cheap Trick, Rush, Tom Petty, Mindless Self Indulgences, Slipknot, Disturbed, and Hawthorne Heights.

I think I may have left out a few smaller bands tough unfor..........Cobra Starship. How could I forget Cobra. lol. Anyways that should be just about all of the bands I've seen.  

Serpent_Master

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:55 am
Serpent_Master
Blink 182, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Paramore, All Time Low, Motion City Soundtrack, Pennywise, New Found Glory, Rancid, Journy, Heart, Cheap Trick, Rush, Tom Petty, Mindless Self Indulgences, Slipknot, Disturbed, and Hawthorne Heights.

I think I may have left out a few smaller bands tough unfor..........Cobra Starship. How could I forget Cobra. lol. Anyways that should be just about all of the bands I've seen.

Whoa, pretty awesome!!! Loving the LP, Blink and Cobra! I get to see Cobra in... 24 days!!! Eeeeeeeee!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:44 pm
Yeah I'm so happy I get to see Cobra again in October.  

Serpent_Master

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:35 am
where do u live???where i live almost no bands ever come.. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:01 am
me too lol xp  

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:17 pm
I live in Western Australia, our music scene used to be terribly quiet!!! But I'm so lucky that within the last few years it has taken off. We get some pretty big acts down here these days and I make sure I can see them or I regret it pretty bad. I regret Snow Patrol and Fall Out Boy last year crying
We also have a few festivals every year which manage to pull a fair few big bands eg Big Day Out (Probably the biggest every year), RockIt, Rollercoaster, West Coast Blues And Roots Festival and Southbound.

So! I saw Cobra Starship, The Academy Is..., and Panic! At The Disco a few nights ago.
The Cobra set was WAY too short but Gabe Saporta puts on a great show. The Academy Is... was pretty good, I liked their music and shall go looking for it!
Panic! was awesome!!! They started with We're So Starving and continued into 9 In The Afternoon. They did all of the favourites and they did There's A Good Reason... which I was really happy about because I won a competition with a dance to that song a year ago ^-^
During Behind The Sea they had bubble machines spraying millions of bubbles everywhere!!! biggrin
Oh and the set was decorated with flowers everywhere. Very pretty! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:23 pm
undacuva_druid
I live in Western Australia, our music scene used to be terribly quiet!!! But I'm so lucky that within the last few years it has taken off. We get some pretty big acts down here these days and I make sure I can see them or I regret it pretty bad. I regret Snow Patrol and Fall Out Boy last year crying
We also have a few festivals every year which manage to pull a fair few big bands eg Big Day Out (Probably the biggest every year), RockIt, Rollercoaster, West Coast Blues And Roots Festival and Southbound.

So! I saw Cobra Starship, The Academy Is..., and Panic! At The Disco a few nights ago.
The Cobra set was WAY too short but Gabe Saporta puts on a great show. The Academy Is... was pretty good, I liked their music and shall go looking for it!
Panic! was awesome!!! They started with We're So Starving and continued into 9 In The Afternoon. They did all of the favourites and they did There's A Good Reason... which I was really happy about because I won a competition with a dance to that song a year ago ^-^
During Behind The Sea they had bubble machines spraying millions of bubbles everywhere!!! biggrin

tht sounds so kool ur so lucky....  

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:07 am
undacuva_druid

so ur an aussie..thats awesome..

and grae..we live in the same city u geek?!!!!!!!!!!  
\m/[(>.<)]\m/.........♪♫♪♫............Rocking Out!! (Music)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games