Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Personal] How can I be sure?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AHKyle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:26 pm
Hey, AHKyle here.

I love and have loved only one person, and now, after many ups and downs, mistakes and misunderstandings, I think he might actually feel the same way.

This person is my best friend, and he's ambiguously straight. He likes girls, but he straightens his hair and wears(and spends copious amounts of money on) stylish clothing and accessories. I know, those aren't great 'Look, a gay guy!' qualities, but if you knew him like I do, you could recognize it easily.

Well, recently(actually several months ago), he decided he liked one of my good friends(who is a girl). I've slowly warmed up to the idea, and I've lost my jealous feelings I used to feel when he took interest/flirted with girls. It's been a long and tedious tug-of-war battle to try and get her to like him, and now that it's finally seeming to work out... He's been sending me vibes of uncertainty. Not just that, but he's been not-so-subtly hinting that perhaps he might... like me? Can it be?

Despite the emotional high that I've been submerged in ever since we parted this afternoon after a joint spend-the-night-then-go-to-the-movies-with-his-family experience, I am skeptical.

I've been wrong before. Several times. Several explosively horrible mistakes, which nearly destroyed my friendship, and I've made a point to not fall for that trick again.

But I love him, and I think he loves me too. I'm afraid if I believe that I'm actually right, I'll ruin everything and just be disappointed again. So I'm asking you guys, what do you think? Am I reading to far into it or am I perhaps onto something big(I didn't really give many explicit details, but still.)?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 am
Ah, though I'm absolutely useless and have no experience when it comes to these things... I'll try my best to help.

Really, I can't say anything except be very, very careful.
It might be easier if you gave a little detail on, well, the vibes of uncertainty that you're getting, the hints.

I'd really, absolutely be beating myself up if I said something that ended up with you endangering your friendship, so I hope you understand what I mean.
And why my suggestion is quite lame.
gonk  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

AHKyle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:45 pm
It's okay, the almost certainty has passed.

The only way that I'd have been right would be if he suddenly stopped being interested in my friend. And from my most recent outing with him(A day later), that hasn't changed.

He started asking questions, like... well, I thought there were several, but the only one I can remember was when he asked, "How have I changed you?" and I told him that he had made me stretch myself and do more outdoorsy things, like Airsoft and stuff, and he was like, "Well, you've had a huge impact on me," yadda yadda.

That was on Sunday, so that doesn't count, but it was one of those things that would give me strong faith in our friendship.

And we were tubing and he was like "I LOVE YOU SAM!", which I luckily know better not to snag onto, but it still felt good.

I dunno. On Friday night my mom was like "Anna's not coming home, so he can sleep in her room or on the couch," and Chase was like, "I'll just sleep in your room." And he did for a bit, but since he was on the floor he was uncomfortable and decided he'd sleep on the couch, but I was getting vibes from him.

There are some examples.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Hmm, This is quite a unique predicament you sem to be in.

Now. I'm going to tell you what I would do in your situation but this is only because of the type of person that I am.

This doesn't mean you should do the same. But for me.

I would ask.

Like seriously sit him down and be like. "Look, I've been doing a strenuous amount of thinking lately and I'm really confused. I don't want this to change who we are but I need to know unless I want to drive myself crazy for the rest of my life. Is there something going on between us, like more-than-friendship-wise?"

That's what I would say. Because like. I would drive myself crazy asking myself every day if he liked me or not. In fact I alreayd did that and I completely regret not acting on it because Now I'll never know. ever. And I was completely in love.

So. I would just ask and be like. It's okay if you dont I just need to know to save my own sanity.

You get me? If this isn't who you are then don't do it.

The onl reason I can do this is because if I did do this and it ended horribly, I wouldn't care because at least I'd know for sure.

I can accept a horrible outcome because I can take life as it comes. Everything you experience in life is just that, it's an experience and you take what knowledge you can from each.

If he decide that he hates you for some reason then, good, now you know it will never work out and you can move on with your life.

Lingering in this limbo land of pullig the petals off of flowers saying he loves me, he loves me not will just drive you crazy for a seemingly everlasting eternity.

I don;t know if any of this makes sense but. It's what I would do.

Please let me know how things work out with him because if your friendship falls through you'll need all the support you can get. And I'll have to apologize profusely if I screwed everything up for you so.
Yea

=/

ttyl and good luck.  

Soru-kun

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 pm
Maybe he just doesn't know he is sending you signals. I had the same problem with my best friend. She still likes me as a friend, so if you admit it, he probably still like you as a friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:05 pm
You can't, but I agree that it's best to ask... well, I think it is. I can't assure, no one can ^^; But you understand what I'm saying. If you're right everything is great and if you're wrong that blows, but you can still be friends!

I also agree with Soru-Kun, unfortunately it's easier said than done, even for people who accept the worse (Yay, me too! *high five to Soru-kun*) but if it all falls out you still have others to turn to! ^^

Dahlia Parabii

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff