Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The other side of me (not so "harmless"). Help....?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nautilus pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:17 am
whatever-ness. edit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:17 am
you may have a split personality

however, it's only natural to defend you self and if you want to represent peace if you can keep from actually hurting anyone you may be able to protect those who cant defend them selfs.  

AEtherclaw

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:38 am
I used to do the same thing, I scared myself and others.
It just happens and you almost instantly regret what you've just done.
I went to anger management after cracking my best friends nose with a bottle.
That really helped, I haven't snapped in a while now.
I suggest seeing someone about it, group classes might be a good plan.

EDIT: Also, it might be a good idea to ensure you don't have any weapons around or anything that can do serious harm, anger and a lack of thought don't end well.

The thing that seriously helped me was getting out of the situation that angers you. Put all of your concentration into leaving so you forget about whatever angered you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:29 am
I sort of have a similar problem...I also find myself having strangely opposing personality traits.

Sadly, I don't know what to do about it either. Anger management might be a good idea if you think it's that big of a problem.

I think your concern about being "a disgrace" is unfounded, and is not the thing to be worrying about now. Anyone could have this problem, and it has nothing to do with what subculture you align yourself with. There is no such thing as a pure goth, everyone has 'gothy' traits and non-gothy traits. No one is a disgrace. 3nodding

Sorry I can't be much help..I hope you get it figured out.

perrenthezombie

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:46 pm
I would have thrown that piece of metal right back at those assholes. You're allowed to get pissed off and retaliate.
If someone tackled me, I'd fight back.

I had a weird anger thing a few years ago. I had the shortest temper. Things that shouldn't have made me angry made me angry. I just had to learn to shutup, breath and calm down.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:41 pm
I used to have a reputation for being violent and scary. And I had sudden volatile outbreaks. Damn, I was angry. razz Possibly because there is only so much s**t people can take. Also, age can be a factor. Raging hormones don't make for the happiest times.

I've calmed down a lot in the past few years. Part because at uni, whilst there are fewer alternatives than there were back in 6th form, there's also none of the negative attention. No one cares how I dress. smile Though I still have a reputation for being scary (I don't take crap and I tell people the truth if I think something they're doing sucks).

Tangent aside; thought it can be hard to get through now, you will probably calm down in a few years, who you are now is not who you'll be for the rest of your life, you're still growing and changing and once your hormones have calmed down, chances are, so will you. I know that won't help you get through now, but it's the light at the end of the tunnel.

To try and keep your temper in check now, I'd suggest something like writing a journal and noting things that annoy you - if you get it off your chest then you're less likely to explode. Personally, I find journals that other people can, and do, read better. Because then they can send you messages sympathising. And again, talking to sympathetic people can help keep you calmer. :3

Slayer Igraine

Xx_Pandavik_xX

Hallowed Lover

15,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:42 pm
I am a pretty passive person and tend to take a lot of S**t from people. But recently I also have had these...moments... of intense anger and hate towards a person that I "play", yeah play with their emotions and feelings to make them snap and make them feel bad for hours, sometimes even days. And the scariest part is that all I do after crushing the other persons pride and such. I turn my back to them, and pretend like nothing ever happened and i'm back to my passive self in seconds. I'm with a grin and laugh and joke around with my other friends while that one person is crushed. And I DON'T regret a thing I did to them. twisted I don't need therapy or nothing. I just need those people to stay as far as possible to me. 4laugh That's all I had to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51 am
AEtherclaw
you may have a split personality
however, it's only natural to defend you self and if you want to represent peace if you can keep from actually hurting anyone you may be able to protect those who cant defend them selfs.
I don't think so. It sounds more like some repressed emotions flaring out at times when he just can't take all the s**t anymore.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces