"Twilight" discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:50 am
Because Twilight is both a book and a movie (well, soon at least) it won't fit in the sub-forums, so it can stay here for now.

So who's read the books?? I've only read Twilight but have just started New Moon. I wouldn't usually have even bothered to consider the books because they're teen romances, but I was surprised at how Twilight made me unable to put the book down. The only thing I dislike so far is the plot of New Moon...I don't think suicide is the right thing to base a story on in a teens novel...

What do you guys think about the movie? I won't be watching it but what do you think about the cast that's been chosen? I don't think Robert Pattinson looks anything like the Edward Cullen that's described in the novels, but he might be able to play the part well. On the official photos he's been photoshopped to have sunken eyes and pale skin and high cheekbones..like a vampire..but in the movie he just looks like an ordinary person, yet he's described as having really striking white skin and looking really unearthly, and I think they could have made his appearance better in the movie. I think someone like Wes Bentley (who played the villain in Ghostrider) has a bit more of the appearance I was thinking of, but then he still doesn't quite seem like the Edward Cullen in the book. Wesley is too old anyway to play someone who's supposed to be 17. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:16 pm
ive read all the books im waiting for the next two( breaking dawn, and the remake of twilight thriugh edwards eyes) theya re great book and i agree on the movie thing with uoi......i just dont know who COULD play the part of edward..i would love to find someone who can *wink* lol. actually during one part of the book i almost cried..(i get really into the books i read)(like im IN the book)  

Izlin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:44 am
There's one of Twilight through Edward's eyes?? I bet that would be really good..it would like to read from his point of view rather than Bella's, even though Edward is pretty much void of a personality alltogether.
I've already guessed that Jacob is a
werewolf
though sweatdrop kinda spoils the story a little. And I guessed Edward
told Bella that he didn't want her anymore so that she would get on with her life, rather than telling her the truth. I can't believe she actually believes he doesn't want her though...
Maybe being older makes me able to read people better...or maybe Meyer isn't convincing enough with her characters. She's a good author though because I never want to stop turning the pages and I don't actually know why...because I've guessed what's going to happen and romances just don't do it for me, yet I can't put the book down. sweatdrop I don't cry at movies and books but I do actually feel for the characters...and not many books really engage me like that. A good book is when you think of the characters even when you're not reading it, and Twilight does just that.
Does it ever annoy you though that Bella and Edward squabble so much? It's irritating that he thinks he knows what's best for her and forbids her from doing things, yet she's so stubborn that she argues with him about it...I don't think that really happens when you truly love someone because you can't protect them all the time..you give them things they ask for because you want them to be happy. But if they didn't squabble the book would probably be more dull.

You're right about not knowing who would play Edward, cause I can't think of anyone either.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 pm
i know its so crazy how u just cant put the frekkin book down i read all three in 4 days.. i didnt do much but sit and read.. i love books >.< but i am so excited about the next ones coming out oh and read her boook she has out called "host" by stephanie meyer its a great book to 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Izlin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 am
I can't even understand what it is that makes me carry on reading but I seriously can't put her books down sweatdrop xp Almost finished New Moon now, so I'll have to order the rest from my library sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:59 am
I've figured who could have played a fantastic Edward Cullen if he was younger...Stuart Townsend who played Lestat in Queen of the Damned. I think he would have been excellant!! He even looks the part..but he's too old lol.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/Micha33/lestat9.jpg

http://www.stuarttownsend.org/FAB7.JPG

The make up in that bottom image is how I expected them to make Robert Pattington (Who's playing Edward) look.
Damn, I miss The Vampire Chronicles..Anne Rice doesn't appear to be writing any more sad and they won't be making any more movies either I doubt. sad  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Shadow already knows my opinions on Twilight wink

Maybe I'm being cynical but I'm half expecting them to cast whichever young(ish) singer is flavour of the month for Edward confused

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 am
wink
Well they choe Robert Pattington..will just have to find out what he's like. I'm not one for making movies from books, even though there have been some very successful ones, I think it's hard to visually show a character who everyone has their own personal image of in their head..  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:57 am
I've just started reading Eclipse 3nodding don't anyone tell me what happens! I don't want to know!! evil  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 am
I'm just over half way through Eclipse now. 3nodding
spoiler: I can't believe Jacob actually forced a kiss on Bella. I wasn't expecting that. If he did really love her he'd let her have Edward..because he'd put her desires over his own..but it's clear he doesn't really love her because he's selfish enough to want her for himself. So I hope she doesn't pick him! I don't think she will...she loves Edward.
Has anyone else noticed that Edward has no personality?? Bella has one..she's stubborn and bold etc...but Edward doesn't have a personality...all that comes across is his love for Bella...ok he's protective and loving but as a person there isn't really much there...not like other characters in other books like Lestat who definately has a personality..he's selfish and egotistical and flamboyant. I dunno whether Stephanie Meyer intended Edward to be void of personality so that the female readers could fit him with their own personality, the way they want him to be...or whether he just exists as the guy all girls want because of the things he says that all girls wish their guy would say. That way he doesn't need to have a personality, because not everyone likes the same sort of people.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Xx-Razzmatazz-xX

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 pm
PhWeE~! (*Is an insane lover of Twilight*)

Shadow, I must say agree with your reasoning about Edward's personality. He has none~! >D Plus the fact that he seems to have no faults (aside from having to stop himself from biting Bella.) Characters are more realistic of they have faults that other people can relate to. 3nodding

I... can't wait... to read Breaking Dawn... I've read all the others... GAH! THE WAIT IS TOO LONG! *Falls out of chair*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:01 am
Xx-Razzmatazz-xX
PhWeE~! (*Is an insane lover of Twilight*)

Shadow, I must say agree with your reasoning about Edward's personality. He has none~! >D Plus the fact that he seems to have no faults (aside from having to stop himself from biting Bella.) Characters are more realistic of they have faults that other people can relate to. 3nodding

I... can't wait... to read Breaking Dawn... I've read all the others... GAH! THE WAIT IS TOO LONG! *Falls out of chair*

Exactly. I know that because he has no personality and is flawless that's why fangirls adore him...but it'd be more interesting if he did have flaws. But then again, the books is written from Bella's point of view, and that's the way she sees Edward. Maybe the book which is being written from Edward's point of view may reveal some of his flaws.
I've finished Eclipse now, and can't wait to read Breaking Dawn, but it's not been published here yet sweatdrop sad I've heard that Jacob makes an appearance again...and that he doesn't remain sad...which I'm glad of because the ending of Eclipse was sad sad  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Xx-Razzmatazz-xX

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 pm
Curse you Edward and your flawlessness!

I made the mistake of reading a spoiler for Breaking Dawn... T__T
ME: *Reads it* WTF? That's a lie! Did that really happen? Dude that's freaking me out! D<

Curse the spoilers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:43 am
I've accidently read comments by other people who've said that Edward and Bella get married I hate soppy romance stuff so I hope there isn't much description of it confused  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Izlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am
i am sooo sad right cuz i moved and i am really really poor but i have breaking dawn on reserve AND I CANT AFFORD TO GO GET IT!!! *cries* i want it sooo bad i have no life except in book *cries* uh this is horrible i am being tortured!!!!! i swear they are doing it on purpose making me poor so i cant go buy it so i will be tortured *tear*  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff