I discover new books mostly through
  Recommendations of friends or other people
  Scouring library shelves for interesting spines
  Sneak reading in book shops
  This forum
View Results

Saiwen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:08 am
I've been wondering - does anyone know any authors that publish free online novellas?

Kelley Armstrong has a few on her website, as does Brandon Sanderson (he's completing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time), and rather than hurt their popularity, I think this tactic aids in getting an author out there to different audiences.

Anyway, my ipod is itching for some online fiction. It would be really helpful if anyone knew any other published authors who did the same.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 am
The only thing I read online is uh....rather sexually graphic. So I'm not going to recommend it here. lol  

Wissakins

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 am
Kelley Armstrong took most of hers off, actually. They're being published as an anthology titled "Men of the Otherworld" next year sometime.

Jenna Black has some online stuff on her website. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad, either. One of them you have to sign up for an e-mail list to get it, and it won't let you use stuff like Hotmail, so I couldn't sign up.

Sherwood Smith used to have some stories on her site. I don't know if they're still there, 'cause it's been forever since I've looked. Ilona Andrews has some short stories on her site, too. I know I've read others, but I can't remember which authors. n.n"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Thanks, I'll have a look at them.
Yeah, I heard about Kelley Armstrong. I think I might get that book once its out.

I just found that Voyager Online has a list of extracts and first chapters from the books they publish: here

It looks like a good resource in finding authors and books.  

Saiwen

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:32 am
Hey hey Sai, how're you're hols going?

Quote:
They're being published as an anthology titled "Men of the Otherworld" next year sometime.

That'll probably mean two years for us here in Aus stare  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff