Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild
SOMEONE COMMENTED ME...IN THE END...CALLED PAUL A f*****t??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sexy Lamps
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:19 pm
Quote:
Too add to that (since i can't edit it) My Favourates are Lennon and George i think Paul is an old wrinkly f*****t squeezing as much money as he can from The Beatles name, he also wanted to change the names around from Lyrics: John Lennon & Paul McCartney to Paul McCartney & John Lennon, because Lennon's dead (R.I.P). D= Ringo's awesome too!

Can't even spell favorite right???

Go to Strawberry Fields For3ver's profile to see my response. >:]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:23 am
Okay, you need to calm down about things like this. We're all entitled to our own opinion, I'm positive you and I have different opinions on things, that we would both think are right. Everyone does. You need to deal with that.

You can't go around finding everyone who says things you may not agree with and flip out at them, it wont solve anything at all and you're just bringing more anger into the world.

Edit - Btw, favourite can be spelt two ways, and yes she did spell it incorrectly but it was an easy mistake.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sexy Lamps
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:20 am
IdlersDream
Okay, you need to calm down about things like this. We're all entitled to our own opinion, I'm positive you and I have different opinions on things, that we would both think are right. Everyone does. You need to deal with that.

You can't go around finding everyone who says things you may not agree with and flip out at them, it wont solve anything at all and you're just bringing more anger into the world.

Edit - Btw, favourite can be spelt two ways, and yes she did spell it incorrectly but it was an easy mistake.

Well, I know favorite can be spelled either way. I'm not a moron. She put an A in favorite. That's what I was referring to.

And no, I will NOT calm down. I already replied back, and that's not really flipped out. I kind of just made her feel like an a**.

And how could you NOT flip out at this and be a Beatle fan? She called our everyone but yours Paul a f*****t. How could you be any kind of Beatle fan and sit by and watch someone say that? :/

You're sort of not really a Beatle fan i you ask me. How you could be fine with someone putting down Paul so badly is kind of... weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:08 pm
I agree with Sexy Lamps. Seriously, Paul is not squeezing out all the money he can get, and he did not try to change the names around. I swear he would never do that because of how much he loved John.

IdlersDream, if you don't agree, maybe you should say it without flipping out as well. It's a touchy topic, and we can all talk about our views. That's what this forum is about, really. Yes, we're entitled to our own opinion, but this is a Beatles guild. Some people care more about them than others, and that's alright. You don't need to chew them out about it.

K I'm done.

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faerie_ophelia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13 pm
I agree that the person who said that was pretty blunt with their opinion, but I agree with IdlersDream - that person is entitled to their opinions.

I can see that you're already excited and upset about things now. It's starting to want to rub off on me. Please, for all of us, as a favor, calm down. Please? You don't need to chew all of us out because not everyone will agree with you and not everyone will be polite all of the time. However, I personally think this has gone on too long. Please calm down. Please?

She obviously doesn't like Paul. It's her prerogative, just like it's mine to not care for "Run for Your Life" or "I'm in Love with My Car" (Queen song).

A little upset right away is fine. Grudges suck, and I should know.

Please don't flip out at IdlersDream. I'm familiar with her, and she loves the Beatles. She's a groovy Beatles lover and a great Gaian.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 pm
Sexy Lamps

And how could you NOT flip out at this and be a Beatle fan? She called our everyone but yours Paul a f*****t. How could you be any kind of Beatle fan and sit by and watch someone say that? :/

You're sort of not really a Beatle fan i you ask me. How you could be fine with someone putting down Paul so badly is kind of... weird.

Maybe she doesn't flip out because it's not worth it to flip out every single time something negative is said about a beatle.

i think it's fine to go "whoa, pardon me but..." but when you go "WTF!? YOU POSER BEATLE FAN." it's a bit over the top.
you really have to choose your fights.

just because she doesn't want to get in a hissy about this doesn't mean she absolutely hates paul.

i think what that user said was way rude and wrong but i'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it.

johncrapenter

Julia Dream

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:54 pm
Beccaecka
I agree with Sexy Lamps. Seriously, Paul is not squeezing out all the money he can get, and he did not try to change the names around. I swear he would never do that because of how much he loved John.

Actually, Paul did attempt to switch the "Lennon/McCartney" to "McCartney/Lennon" on a couple of songs that were more heavily Paul-influenced than John-influenced, such as "Yesterday" and "Hey Jude." They had both agreed before, back when the Beatles were new, that the credits could be switched around if they wanted, but Paul still changed his mind and in the end decided to keep them "Lennon/McCartney." Furthermore, their entire "Let's credit everything Lennon/McCartney." decision came about entirely out of a handshake and verbal agreement - legally, Paul can do whatever he wants with the title.

And, more on-topic: it's my personal opinion that any sentence containing the word "f*****t" in a derogatory sense should be automatically discarded and ignored, regardless of any other words within it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:02 pm
Megggie
Sexy Lamps

Maybe she doesn't flip out because it's not worth it to flip out every single time something negative is said about a beatle.

i think it's fine to go "whoa, pardon me but..." but when you go "WTF!? YOU POSER BEATLE FAN." it's a bit over the top.

just because she doesn't want to get in a hissy about this doesn't mean she absolutely hates paul.

i think what that user said was way rude and wrong but i'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it.

Usually, when you call someone a f*****t, it pretty much means you hate them.

Btw, if you saw what I wrote back, I didn't flip out on her. And I said that already, and gave her username out so you can SEE my comment. :/

@Rainyeyes:
I don't like people calling Paul a f*****t. I always say this: I didn't ASK her if she liked Paul or not. If I did, that would be different. Why would she be telling me this? :/  

Sexy Lamps
Vice Captain

johncrapenter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:20 am
Sexy Lamps
Megggie
Sexy Lamps

Btw, if you saw what I wrote back, I didn't flip out on her. And I said that already, and gave her username out so you can SEE my comment. :/

@Rainyeyes:
I don't like people calling Paul a f*****t. I always say this: I didn't ASK her if she liked Paul or not. If I did, that would be different. Why would she be telling me this? :/

i was talking about IdlersDream.

Sorry, she had blocked her profile when i went to go see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 pm
Sexy Lamps
Megggie
Sexy Lamps

@Rainyeyes:

Sure she was rude. Like I've said before, it's ok to be mad right away, but grudges suck. I should also add that adding anger to it sort of fans the flame instead of putting it out.

Also, I was mostly thinking of how you chewed out IdlersDream. I didn't see your response to Strawberry Fields For3ver, either.  

faerie_ophelia

Sexy Lamps
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:04 pm
rainyeyes29
Sexy Lamps
Megggie
Sexy Lamps

@Rainyeyes:

Sure she was rude. Like I've said before, it's ok to be mad right away, but grudges suck. I should also add that adding anger to it sort of fans the flame instead of putting it out.

Also, I was mostly thinking of how you chewed out IdlersDream. I didn't see your response to Strawberry Fields For3ver, either.

1. She doesn't like Paul. And she doesn't care if someone calls him a f*****t. That's SOOOO insulting for so many different reasons.
2. she probably deleted my comment. But it was good. I was telling her factual information as to why what she said was untrue. No caps, no nothing. :]

And I don't think I'll have a grudge with her because I don't think I'll talk to her ever again. xd It's like like we're bffl's or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:35 pm
Sexy Lamps
rainyeyes29
Sexy Lamps
Megggie
Sexy Lamps

@Rainyeyes:

1. She doesn't like Paul. And she doesn't care if someone calls him a f*****t. That's SOOOO insulting for so many different reasons.
2. she probably deleted my comment. But it was good. I was telling her factual information as to why what she said was untrue. No caps, no nothing. :]

And I don't think I'll have a grudge with her because I don't think I'll talk to her ever again. xd It's like like we're bffl's or something.

She didn't say she didn't care. She said that everyone's entitled to their opinions, which is true. She wasn't insulting Paul. She didn't say if she liked it or not. I did see a comment of yours on her profile, though. The one telling her why you banned her. I thought it was rather rude and didn't have a real reason because you said she did something she didn't do.  

faerie_ophelia

Sexy Lamps
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:39 pm
rainyeyes29
Sexy Lamps
rainyeyes29
Sexy Lamps
Megggie
Sexy Lamps

@Rainyeyes:

She didn't say she didn't care. She said that everyone's entitled to their opinions, which is true. She wasn't insulting Paul. She didn't say if she liked it or not. I did see a comment of yours on her profile, though. The one telling her why you banned her. I thought it was rather rude and didn't have a real reason because you said she did something she didn't do.

Duh she doesn't care. :/

And I love how everyone's posting at me, and I didn't even do anything except get pissed at someone calling Paul a wrinkly money-squeezing f*****t.

And get over it, yes I was rude! Because I don't think that someone who takes something like this too lightly really loves The Beatles, all 4 of them. Maybe their music, but not THEM.

And this guild is for both. And if you don't like THEM, you don't belong here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:42 pm
We all do.

Goodbye.  

faerie_ophelia

Der Lebende Geist

Wheezing Tycoon

3,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:55 pm
Wow... I missed... everything?