Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Mysterious Gaioh Ninja Clan: Hidden Gaioh Village
Dice Battle A New Way of RP with "Post Action" (PLEASE READ)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garikun
Captain

Original Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Last Updated: 6/20/08
Previous Date: 6/18/08

DICE BATTLE or POST ACTION ROLE PLAYING
Hello my Ninjas. I'm here to show you what I thought out myself. I created a new way of Role Playing (RP) with the use of "Post Action". This method fits perfect for an RP Battle. I call it Post Action Role Playing (PARP) or simply Dice Battle. I hope that every role player through out Gaia will use this method of role playing to make battling more fun and enjoyable.

Rules:
1. Post about this topic only.
2. No RPing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RANK
Okay! First you'll need a RP Character. Give a Rank to your RP Character so that people can determine how strong you are. Each player chooses a Rank. Rank is ranged from numbers 1-7. The lower the Rank, the weaker you are. The higher the Rank, the stronger you are. A certain Rank number gives your RP character a certain amout of Hit Points (HP). HP determines the Stamina of an RP character and how long the battle will last. The Rank list is below.

RANK & HIT POINTS
[1] - 40 HP
[2] - 60 HP
[3] - 80 HP
[4] - 100 HP
[5] - 120 HP
[6] - 200 HP
[7] - 1,000 HP

arrow Rank:
Rank your character from 1-7 determing HP. Over Drive is also determined by your character's Rank.
arrow Hit Points:
Your charcters stamina. Once a character's HP reaches 0, the battle is over.

SKILL LEVEL
Now! Understanding the Die Size. In the Post Action, you can choose between 7 options. 4,6,8,10,12,20,100 Sided Die/Dice. The following list below determines your RP character's Skill Level. A character's skill level can vary from levels 1-7.

DIE SIZE & SKILL LEVEL
[4-Sided Die] ------ Skill Level 1
[6-Sided Die] ------ Skill Level 2
[8-Sided Die] ------ Skill Level 3
[10-Sided Die] ----- Skill Level 4
[12-Sided Die] ----- Skill Level 5
[20-Sided Die] ----- Skill Level 6
[100-Sided Die] ---- Skill Level 7
[Random Number] - Over Drive

arrow Die/Dice:
There are 7 different dice. Each die can roll from a certain amount of number. The higher the Sided of a Die, the higher the number.
arrow Damage:
What ever the number you roll with a die equals that amount of damage. Then remove that amount from the Foe's HP.
arrow Skill List:
Every RP character must have a Skill List. It determines the skills the RP character can use. Each Skill is determined by its level.
arrow Skill Level:
The higher the Skill level, the higher the attack.

OVER DRIVE
Over Drive. In the Action Post, you can use the "Random Number" Generatoer to generate random numbers. Your RP character receives an Over Drive after 7 turns of skill attacks your character uses. Most Over Drive attacks will end the battle. Depending on what total you generate. The are Rules to use Over Drive. The numbers you are able to Randomly Generate depends on your Rank. View the list below.

OVER DRIVE & GENERATING RANDOM DAMAGE
[Rank 1] - Generate Numbers 4-80 (Damage Range)
[Rank 2] - Generate Numbers 6-120 (Damage Range)
[Rank 3] - Generate Numbers 8-160 (Damage Range)
[Rank 4] - Generate Numbers 10-200 (Damage Range)
[Rank 5] - Generate Numbers 12-240 (Damage Range)
[Rank 6] - Generate Numbers 20-400 (Damage Range)
[Rank 7] - Generate Numbers 100-2,000 (Damage Range)

arrow Over Drive:
Over Drive is the strongest skill a character can use. But can only be used once every 7 turns of your attacks, the 8th turn. Over Drive is determined by rank.
arrow Random Numbers:
Random Numbers is a number generator. It can generate by in-putting the lowest number to the highest number by your choosing. In this game it is used as an Over Drive.
arrow Generate Numbers:
Generate the numbers by determining the Rank of a character. For example if your character is Ranked 6, Generate Numbers 20-400 to attack. The total you receive is the total damage your foe receives.
arrow Damage Range:
Each has a Damage Range depending on the Rank of Over Drive. The damage range is used to see how much damage you can do with an Over Drive attack.

COMBOS
In the Post Action, each dice can roll up to 20 at the same time. In this game, if you RP your character with a Combo Skill, you roll more for a multiple attack. For example, my character uses a skill called "3x Shiruken Throw (Lv.1). I'll have to use Post Action and Roll 4-Sided Dice x3. This is called a Combo.

BLOCKING
When a Skill is used. A player is able to block the Skill's damage by rolling the exact same Die/Dice with the same amount rolled. To block the damage you recieve, take the total you rolled and minusing that total to the total your opponent rolled. When using "Blocking" the User cannot be able to attack on the same turn.

MULTIPLE SKILL USE
When Role Playing (Battling), people tend to use multiple skills in one turn. In this game there are limits depending on the dice you roll. For example, a 4-Sided Die can be used only 4 times in 1 turn or 2 times & a Level 2 Skill. Each Dice has a rule. The Rules are listed below.

Follow these rules to keep the RP Battle balanced.

DIE RULES (MULTIPLE SKILL USAGE)
[4-Sided Die] ------ (4x) or (2x & a lv.2 Skill)
[6-Sided Die] ------ (2x) or (1x & 2x lv.1 Skill)
[8-Sided Die] ------ (1x) or (1x & 1x lv.1 Skill)
[10-Sided Die] ----- (1x)
[12-Sided Die] ----- (1x)
[20-Sided Die] ----- (1x & Foe Misses 1 Turn)
[100-Sided Die] ---- (1x & User Misses 1 Turn)
[Random Number] - (1x After Every 7 Of Your Turns)

arrow Turns:
When a player RP with an attack, that counts as a Turn. Once the player is done attacking, it is the next players to attack. Each player can only attack once per turn. Following under Die Rules.
arrow Combos:
In certain Skills there are Combos. Combos can do multiple damage.
arrow Blocking:
You can block any skill's damage by rolling the same die/dice. And minusing the total you rolled to the total of your opponent.
arrow Multiple Skill Use:
Role players sometime get carried away with their skills usage. In this method, skills have limit usage. See Rules.

CHARACTER LEVEL UP
When RPing, people would like to continuing RPing. Character Level Up can be used to make Battles longer. When a character levels up, they get a chance to create a new Skill List along with higher HP. Rank 7 is the highest level.

ADDING SKILL LIST
When character level up you can add a new skill list. During the next battle, you are able to use your previous skills.

arrow Character Level Up:
The character must rank up by 1 only. And new skills are made by the player who levels up.

Now that you know most part of the new way of RPing with Post Action try it out with your friends and fellow guild members.
I hope this way of RP will be used alot.
PM me if you have any Questions or Concerns.
PM me if you find errors to this method.
Enjoy and Have Fun!

Please visit the Battle Stadium Dice Battle Thread.
wahmbulance Currently under development.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:29 pm
To start a Dice Battle, all you need is the following...

Character:
SinNarutoKun
Position:
Kage
[1] 40HP
Skill List 1:
Two Tails Unleash (Over Drive)
Rasengan (Lv.4)
Shadow Clone Punch(Lv.3)
Kunai Knife (Lv.2)
Shiruken Star (Lv.1)

Character level up...

[2] 60HP
Skill List 2:
Summoning Jutsu (Over Drive)
Rasengan (Lv.5)
Shadow Clone Explosion (Lv.4)
Shadow Clone Kick (Lv.2)
Shadow Clone Punch (Lv.1)

Garikun
Captain

Original Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Garikun
Captain

Original Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:29 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:34 am
ninja  

Garikun
Captain

Original Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Garikun
Captain

Original Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:10 pm
Flip-Reaper831x
well the dice thing is kinda like pokemon? we can probably find a way to use a six sided dice.
Yeah, I figured something out for each of the Post Action. Hopefully, it'll be fun and people will use it. I hope someday, every Gaian throughout Gaia will use this Method for a Serious Gaia Role Play Battle. mrgreen
xXDeMoNFLiPXx
Its All Going To Work Out Garry. Im Thinking Of Ways To Make A Game Using
The Dice Too ninja
I'm looking forward on using this method with other RP players.

I still need to add
Combos - Since you can roll up to 20 same dice.
Limits or Effects - To balance the abilities people use.

Flip-Reaper831x
I need to make my RP character and i have 3 in mocospace. Ill needs some time to decide which to use. eek
Do not forget to decide what Skills your character will have.  

Garikun
Captain

Original Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Mysterious Gaioh Ninja Clan: Hidden Gaioh Village

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers