Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
I feel bad for pets...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3

View Results

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 am
Cats & dogs & birds or any animal that people have as pets.
Animals are supposed to hunt, they don't want to sit around all day being handed food. It takes all of the joy out of life. All they have to look forward to is eating & taking walks.
Have you ever noticed how all cats act the same? They're always pouncing on things, scratching and looking for anything to keep them entertained. Animals are not meant to sit around doing nothing, being handed their necessities, not even humans.

Do you get my point? D:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:04 am
I see what your saying and I feel the same way. Animals shouldn't be kept as pets like they are, well atleast to the point of staying in the house and going no where almost all day.
My friend had like 4 cats(before they all went missing) and I liked the way he kept them. His cats came and went as they felt, sometimes I would see one wondering my neighborhood(which is like a couple miles away). I thought that was pretty cool.

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:10 am
>>

I wish I could do that, but first of all my mom would like kill me & second I live in a big city. :/
People around here let their cats roam though, and my mom gets angry.

<<

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 am
Lol I live in backwoods swamp type area...but I guess most would call it a suburb *shrug*  

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Ayersi

Popular Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:27 am
When I had cats I let them go out side when they were waiting near the door and they would walk around the house and run up trees
They also jumped out fence and roamed around the neighborhood......but they were probably looking for a mate -_-
8D
hehe I remember my cat always hunted down our mice and killed a bird! D:
We made the birdie a funeral v~v it was new years day ...she probably did it for the occasion owO;;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:41 pm
I disagree with this, because my pets sure as hell couldn't hunt if put out in the real world. Okay, my cyclops kitty probably could for a while, but the others would be screwed. And they seem to like the food being handed to them thing as opposed to getting it themselves. I keep them in the house so they won't get lost or get run over. My grandma tried to let hers go free like that, and one day found some kids drowning her cat in a bucket of water. Plus, my street is kinda busy, so I wouldn't let that happen. I don't want them, you know, what's the word... dead. And my cats don't act the same at all. Sid's probably the smartest animal I have ever seen, and Lucy is a redneck cyclops. She's always pouncing on Sid, and the two proceed to knocking the s**t out of each other. And Sid seems very in tune with the family. When one is upset, she starts hanging with them and loving on them. They mostly sleep contrary to what Sara said, and bug me to let them sit on my lap. They don't really seem THAT bored. Also, animals probably don't need as much entertainment or stimuli as we humans do. They seem to have a pretty good life contrary to what they had before coming to live at my house. Sid was in our garage, looking for a place to stay warm in the winter. And Lucy was at Death's door when she came to my uncle's house. So, I really don't like the idea of letting them roam. They seem happy enough in the house (otherwise they'd try escaping every five minutes, and they do not). Also, there's a lot of dogs in the neighborhood. I don't like that. But, I let them out in the back yard when I am out there. All Lucy does is roll around in the grass, and Sid stands at the door, wanting back in the house.
So no, I apparently don't get your point.

Shryle
Crew

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 pm
My cats want to be outside most of the time. My mom doesn't let the kitten out, although the other two cats do go out. And I don't think my two cats are gonna have any problems with stray dogs. When my stepdad moved in, he brought the cats over, one black, the other black-and-white. My stupid pitbull went after the black one several times. After the third or fourth time being clawed on the nose, all the black one had to do was hiss and my dog would run. Those two are scrappers, and my kitten is a tweaker... Here is proof that my cats don't need anyone worrying about them: My stepdad tried to give Q a bath (the black/white one) and had to scruff him, push down on him, and use all 235 lbs (I think) of his weight to hold the cat down. Q still clawed his way up a tile wall with all of that to get away from the bath. Imagine if that strength were fighting for its life...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:23 am
My dog & cat love me. Sometimes they even act like human kids.  

Goofy Scorpio

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:06 am

[applesauce.]

User Image
I've never. had. that kind. of pet.
:<

[applesauce.]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 am
I have a rabbit and a guinnie pig and I leave them in the back yard. hey really like that and if we try to put them in cages they attack us. I think that those kind of pets (vegetarian mammals) should be able to roam free but I think cats and dogs and birds would just get run over or eaten because they can get over fences. They seem perfectly happy to my just in a house.

Emo_Like_A_Dinosaur

Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff