Reply Questing HQ
Splash's Questin' Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Splashfur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:30 pm
Hey everybody! It's Splash here! Want to know why I like Soquili?

All of my life I have grown up with horses. From the young age of two I could ride bareback at a slow trot. My first horse was named Nashiba Dancer. We received her when she was 10 years old and a racing mare. We called her Nasheba for short. Nasheba was huge, long, well muscled, somewhat headstrong, but the sweetest horse you'd ever know. I only ever saw her at a racetrack but I could ride around on her. I would sit behind the jockey and hold on to him whilst he exercised her in the morning. From the rail away from the heat of action, watching the Thoroughbred run was like witnessing the painting of a masterpiece. Every beat of the heart, rippling of long silken mane, and bunching of streamlined muscles beneath a silken coat swirled with timed perfection, flawlessly blending each vibrant color into an animated work of art. It was an experience not many had the opportunity to witness, but was never forgotten by those who had. She was great. I knew nothing about racing horses and I was a young little munchkin. On her retiring race they shipped her up to Virginia and she was in the lead... Running and running... but suddenly it happened. She fell, her leg snapped, and I had to run out onto the track and hug her neck while they put her to sleep. I sobbed into her neck when she died and I swear with her last breath she looked at me and had to have smiled. And so I learned about the tragic part of racing. When a horse was euthanized they would carry them into an ambulance to the back of the track and throw them in a pit, which after a month they would burn. So I set out to become a vet.
I sobbed for days and days until I finally realized, maybe she was my newest guardian angel. In despair to cheer me up my parents took me to the horse shelter I volunteered at. I, being a moping child, sat in the car and pouted. They were in the giant barn, looking for a young filly for me. All of a sudden a huge Standardbred gelding was poking at the window. He had gotten out of his field. Instantly I could tell he was old, 20 actually. He had horrid bone-chipped legs and a bad back. His name was Porter. But those puppy-dog eyes made me love him. He was like a dog. This boy followed me around and let me braid his mane. So we brought him home. For five years we had him and suddenly it happened. Now I couldn't ride Porter so I grazed him. We were laying on the ground, both of us, enjoying the sun when suddenly his a huge Copperhead snake came toward us. I jumped up and watched in terror as it tried to strike me. In a flash my 24 year old Porter was up and fighting it. The poisonous snake got him about eighteen times, all over his legs and even his stomach and back. In the middle of the battle my Porter collapsed and the snake did too. He had heart failure. And his last moment was saving me from a killer. He would have died from a seizure in a year or so but I wish I could have said goodbye. I had just gotten over Nasheba and now Porter had died, too. And I felt responsible. I dug his hole and we buried him in our back yard, yes, strange but it made me happy not to burn him.
As time came and passed my father went nuts and I had become an apprentice vet, still am today. My father went and bought four race horses, sending me into shock and making me depressed yet again, and one horse.. Now I was a complete horse nut and that is why I would like the soquili, but it gets even further in depth. They were Da Dat Ta Ta ((Cupcake)), Boomika ((Boomie)), Lady J's Partner ((Lady)), & Prevent Defense ((PD)). The other was Soquili. Lady took a liking to me and I was actually the only person whom she would let handle her. Guess what? Claimed. I didn't have enough time to get to know her. The same happened to the little spindly filly, PD. Boomika was always a sweetheart but she was claimed, decided to be crap, and sent to slaughter in Canada. We couldn't save her. Now Cupcake is my riding horse. Now and back them. She is very fast and strong, but also very small. She is nuts, always kicking and spinning, but awesome. We retired her and she is now at our farm. She reminds me of a soquili every time I see her up by our apple tree with the wind blowing. Now Soquili was great and I had him forever but he was killed by a neighboring horse and boy did we sue them. By Soquili was dead! Cupcake comforted me, though.
Now for my pride and joy. She is the main reason why I want a soquili, other than my horse Soquili. Plain N Fancy, or Fancy as we called her, was shipped to us from Virginia. She was half sister to Lady through their mother, Richard's Lady J. Fancy was kicked in the cannon bone while racing and could not be ridden. She was given to us for free. Well, by the time she got here she had given herself a huge cut and given herself a prominent limp. She would not move out of her stall and hated everyone. One day she somehow got out of her stall. I, being reckless, ran out to find her. Well, little did I know a huge storm was here and boy did it whip up a tornado. I shouted all through it until it got too bad. i wandered with my hood up and then I saw a huge black/brown mare with kind eyes looking at me through the rubble. I followed Fancy to the old abandoned shed on our property and we slept side by side the whole night. In the morning we wandered back, best friends for life. Now months later she was fine but said to be too wild to ride. I loved this horse and still do so guess what? In front of my horrid dad and crazy mother, and all other people whom didn't believe me, I hopped right on Fancy and galloped through the fields. She is great and the reason I'm actually still here. Without her I would have been dead countless times, she saved be from wild stallions that she hates ((no, she does not get pregnant)), and also crazy horses. Mostly from my dad whom does crazy crap. I run into her stall and I'm safe. She won't let him in.

To break it down all I would have to say are my horses Fancy and Soquili.

----

Updates -

None

----

Index -

1. ~ Intro
2. ~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:32 pm
.:Regular Soquili:. [Coming Soon]

Colorist wanted: Any colorist is fine! They are all very talented.
Name of horse: Avril
Owner: Splashfur
Temper: Headstrong
Breed: Usidia
Description:
Reference image(s):
Which stage you want them to start as?: Adult
Default accessory color(s)?:
Tag frame color:
Tag feather color:

Splashfur

Questing HQ