Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Diet Pills

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:48 am
It just occurred to me that I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention diet pills in this guild. Even Alli!

That makes me so happy, you have no idea. XP

Honestly, diet pills really scare me. I think we overuse medicine in the first place but diet pills seem so extreme to me. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:03 am
I agree, our whole contry over uses medication.
I have thought about using diet pills, but everytime the thought would pop into my head, its quickly followed by horror stories of people who go to the hospital from them.

Nothing is worth getting cancer, or heart problems. Not even a bikini.  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:28 am
Any diet pill you can get over the counter w/o a prescription is usually full of all sorts of very nasty things and diuretics. Anything that you can get WITH a prescription is dangerous. ._.

Besides, I hate the ads on tv. With diet and exercise... and THIS PILL, you too can loose weight! : D  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:13 pm
Seismic Schist
. With diet and exercise... and THIS PILL, you too can loose weight! : D

Because everyone knows that proper exercise and diet won't make you lose weight. Lmao. It must be the pill! A MIRACLE!  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:42 am
I think its natural to want a pill to make all your problems go away ^_^

But i think that diet pills are really quite cruel. They dont promote healthy life style changes, so when you finish your course and have lost all your weight, you are very likely to put it back on again. They give the illusion of a simple and quick solution, and then blow up in peoples faces.

On the other hand, i do think they have a place in weight loss. If you are so morbidly obese you have to lose weight quickly so you can save your life, or be allowed to have surgery or something, then sure, i think the pills can definately help. As long as people are willing to make the life style changes need to maintain their weight loss afterwards  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 am
I don't like them, but I have a bottle of them I got for free that I use on occasion. (Like when I can't eat for over an hour and I don't want to munch because then I'll be full or when I'm hungry and the only stuff to eat is complete junk.)
They're appetite suppressants and I think I've used, like 3? They don't really work as anything but appetite suppressants. Though I may be using them more because I'm on a medication right now that is an appetite stimulant and I already over eat as it is. sweatdrop

It's helpful for people like me who get hungry when their bored. Or more correctly, think they get hungry. Right now I'm using them as sort of reminders not to over eat and such, so I can break the habit of eating when I'm bored.  

Serafim_Azriel

Jose CBR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 pm
I use Alli, and from April 21st to this past Monday, I've lost about 54 pounds. It really works for me.

And of course, Alli doesn't do all the work for you, so you still count calories and fat grams. Following Alli's tips and such REALLY help you change your lifestyle. Now, I hardly ever get a certain craving for anything unhealthy. And if I do, I've kinda trained myself to dismiss the thought, and bam. Gone.
I've learned how to cook healthy food, and I've learned how to control my portions. One week, I was completely broke, so I couldn't buy myself a refill of Alli pills.
That week, I gained about three pounds during the first three days by continuing the same diet, but then I still wound up losing weight that week, but not as much as with Alli.

I personally think it works VERY well.
It's just orlistat, which blocks a fourth of the fat you eat from being absorbed, and in turn, your body is required to use up some fat you have stored up, apparently.

But yeah. :]

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games