Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
Writing Fantasy Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SugarRos
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 am
Welcome to the Fantasy Genre thread. Use this thread to discuss Fantasy stories/novels. Share your tips for the genre and play around with ideas.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:55 am
Haha well I write fantasy though I usually call it supernatural as vampires, werewolves and other magical stuff seem to have got a genre of their own.

Im a sucker for vampires and have been inspired by the Black Dagger Brotherhood and my childhood....haha don't ask. biggrin  

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

P a r a d i s e Garden
Vice Captain

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:51 pm
I write sci-fi-esque fantasy with some action-adventure elements  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 pm
I like fantasy. I think I could call my story fantasy. I had this name for it, now I forget. >< Grrr... My story has Vampires and Shape-Shifters in it...I guess that makes it fantasy. =]

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:21 am
I love vampire books. I don't care what everyone else says, moaning about the number of vampire books out there...I love them. *Grins*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 am
I'm not griping about vampires, just Twilight and its knockoffs. I love vampires, I just also like blood with my vampires.

I really want to read the Black Dagger Brotherhood, ever since I saw it on your profile and looked it up. Zsadist sounds awesome...I have a soft spot for the tortured-soul-turned-dangerous.

I guess what I write can be considered a sub-genre of fantasy...maybe dark fantasy or magic realism. (I just learned that that's a term! Go me!)

theyrenotgonnagetus

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:23 am
I was so happy after I read the series, well, it's still being written but still.

They are the best vampire stories I have ever read and I have read a hell of a lot of them. The character's are amazing but I wouldn't recommend Z's book first, I would read them in order as you get more out of it.

They are brilliant, every single book.

biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:52 am
Real vampires--those are okay. They're lore is kinda lame, but thats better than the junk Meyers made up. she was just exploiting a strange teenage fetish.  

P a r a d i s e Garden
Vice Captain

Sparkly Star

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:28 am
Ugh, I hate vampires that sparkle.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:37 pm
DesertRoseFallen

Sparkly vampires are awesome ... uh .. actually .. I had wondered about that only the other day.. theoretically, if you had a human who had gems implanted in his forehead that sparkle the way gems tend to in light.. and he gets turned into a vampire.. would that make him a sparkly one?  

Nefas Fatum

Lt Oblivious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:07 pm
Nefas Fatum
DesertRoseFallen

Sparkly vampires are awesome ... uh .. actually .. I had wondered about that only the other day.. theoretically, if you had a human who had gems implanted in his forehead that sparkle the way gems tend to in light.. and he gets turned into a vampire.. would that make him a sparkly one?

Implanted like under the skin, or like superglue?

Either way, vampies, specially scary ones, just should not glow. That's practically a fantasy felony.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:48 am
Nefas Fatum
DesertRoseFallen

Haha, yeah that would be a weird looking vamp though.

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nefas Fatum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:58 pm
Lt Oblivious
Nefas Fatum
DesertRoseFallen

Implanted like under the skin, or like superglue?

Either way, vampies, specially scary ones, just should not glow. That's practically a fantasy felony.

Implanted as in open forehead with scalpel, saw hole in skull, insert gem, make it look neat and let heal. Nasty, I know.

Now the superglue idea on the other hand.. image of my avi with glitter all over the face and "raww, I'm a vampire" coming from his mouth.. soo not doing that unless it's some odd hour of the morning and I forget I shouldn't.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 pm
Hmm, as a young teen I used to like the Vampire Diaries by L.J.Smith. Just I hated how she ended up with Stefen instead of Damon. confused

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

P a r a d i s e Garden
Vice Captain

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:05 pm
User Image  
Plot/Character/Genre Discussion