Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Why are there so many mean people???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

littlegirlrai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:03 pm
I'm sure that a topic like this has been posted somewhere at some other time, but I can't find it. I want to know why some individuals get off and being a$$hats? I've always had a problem with people being rude for no reason. I have a hard time arguing with people who are being unreasonable and hateful. I try not to deal with them if I can avoid it. I know that at times people pick on others to make themselves feel better. But why? I can't see myself (personally) making fun of someone and feeling anything but guilty about it. I just can't understand why there are so many bullies and trolls.

I am asking this now because not only do I have my own being to worry about being assaulted by such people, but I'm worried about my son growing up in a world with people like this. What do I tell him? How do I tell him to deal with unreasonable a$$holes?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:47 am
As long as your son has a good attitude he'll be fine. My brother has a great attitude towards people like that- he ignores them completely and goes about his business. Very healthy.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:12 pm
I really don't know where these awful people come from, either. And why they come out in public.

I never know what to say to them, so I mostly ignore them <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:59 am
sometimes fear and desperation  

AEtherclaw

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:39 am
Worst case scenario, your son will go through what I did at school, several emotional breakdowns and a psychotic episode culiminating in an attempted murder, from which, he'll withdraw from society for a number of years, before finally going to college and becomming a well liked, sociable, well adjusted, member of society.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:21 pm
Rellik San
Worst case scenario, your son will go through what I did at school, several emotional breakdowns and a psychotic episode culiminating in an attempted murder, from which, he'll withdraw from society for a number of years, before finally going to college and becomming a well liked, sociable, well adjusted, member of society.

I hope not. I'd rather he not follow in my shoes!! I went though something...similar.  

littlegirlrai

littlegirlrai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:23 pm
Candy Bomber
I really don't know where these awful people come from, either. And why they come out in public.

I never know what to say to them, so I mostly ignore them <3

I try to ignore them, too. Sometimes they just make it so hard. It is like the more you try to ignore them, the more sh*t they give you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:25 pm
spooky_sez
As long as your son has a good attitude he'll be fine. My brother has a great attitude towards people like that- he ignores them completely and goes about his business. Very healthy.

I hope he addapts a similar attitude. He is just such a sweet, fun-loving, friendly baby; I'd hate to see some jerks with a chips on their shoulder ruin my little boy's out on life. confused  

littlegirlrai

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 pm
To those saying ignore them. I would like to point out, it doesn't work like that, I tried ignoring them; I ended up off school for six weeks because I got beaten that badly. I'm not saying confornt them all, but just laying down and letting them walk all over you invites problems, so your kid should learn to stand up to them but without sinking to their level.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:00 am
Rellik San
To those saying ignore them. I would like to point out, it doesn't work like that, I tried ignoring them; I ended up off school for six weeks because I got beaten that badly. I'm not saying confornt them all, but just laying down and letting them walk all over you invites problems, so your kid should learn to stand up to them but without sinking to their level.

I do agree that it is hard to ignore them. Some will give up and go away quickly, but some a$$holes won't stop till they make their mark on you one way or another. He's only 8-months old, he's a little young, but when he's older we are thinking about enrolling him in to some kind of Martial Art class. That way he'll get to learn how to defend himself and learn restraint and discipline.  

littlegirlrai

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:30 pm
littlegirlrai
Rellik San

I do agree that it is hard to ignore them. Some will give up and go away quickly, but some a$$holes won't stop till they make their mark on you one way or another. He's only 8-months old, he's a little young, but when he's older we are thinking about enrolling him in to some kind of Martial Art class. That way he'll get to learn how to defend himself and learn restraint and discipline.

Alternatively teach him to bar brawl. Its the handest, most universal fighting style ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:54 am
Teach him not to make him a target in the first place, teach him how to defend himself, and make sure he has a good attitude about things and has good judgment. Regarding the people who are just plain rude, teach him not to take it personally and not to care about it. Tell him just to brush it off. That's what I do. I've grown pretty thick skin going through what I did.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces