Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
~savvy bee >> [my tambourine is still shakin'] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite type of exercise?
  Cardio.
  Strength training.
  Weight-lifting.
  Other. Comment please?
View Results

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:12 am
[my tambourine is still shakin']
introduction

Hi, you've stumbled upon my fitness journal. I'm Savvy Bee, by the way. This journal will not be focusing on food, rather, it will be focused solely on exercise. I'm trying to get myself to exercise more, and I figured keeping track of my exercise and my results would be a wonderful way! Feel free to chat or friend me.

Oh, by the way, this journal is definitely still under construction. I want it to look pretty. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:14 am
table of contents

i. introduction
ii. table of contents (you are HERE)
iii. my story
iv. statistics
v. favorite exercises
vi. inspiration

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 am
my story

Well... I've always been pretty big, but I reached my peak at age 15. I was 5'3", 200 pounds. I was sick of everything, and I blamed everything but me on my unhealthy habits.

"It's because I'm depressed from Hurricane Katrina" was one of my favorites, and "It's because it runs in the family."

Well, I finally decided that I couldn't spend the rest of my life unhappy, and I started doing Weight Watchers. I lost 30 pounds. Guys noticed me. I wore cute clothes. I felt... lighter (in more ways than one!), happier, more carefree. I participated in a musical, attended Drum Major Academy, and took a dance class the summer after I lost all my weight! It was amazing.

Well... now I've got this amazing boyfriend, and he loves me unconditionally... so I'm getting a bit... comfortable. I'm not as careful about my exercise and what I eat as I used to be, so I'm jumping back on the bandwagon.

Although I have lost a lot of weight, I'm still large for my height. I'm hoping to lose the rest of this excess weight (and condition myself to exercise DAILY) by the end of this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:17 am
statistics

height: 5'4"

start date: Monday June 1, 2008
start weight: 180 lbs.
end date: Wednesday December 31, 2008
end weight:

progress:
Monday June 1, 2008: 180 lbs.
Monday June 8, 2008:
Monday June 15, 2008:
Monday June 22, 2008:
Monday June 29, 2008:

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 am
favorite exercises

cardio:
walking
When I walk, I walk on the treadmill for about an hour at 3mph.
dance dance revolution
It burns LOTS of calories quick. I play on Standard/Heavy, and usually for 30 minutes at a time. Workout Mode is very helpful.

strength:
crunches
I like to feel the burn in my abs.
jumping jacks
I do my jumping jacks in front of a mirror so I can see everything that jiggles... hopefully as I continue to exercise I'll see less jiggle. Except for the good jiggle, of course.
squats
They make me feel like I'm doing my thighs and my butt good.
calf raises
Love 'em. My calves are SEXY.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 am
inspiration

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:09 pm
Sunday June 1, 2008

I played Dance Dance Revolution for 45 minutes today, and burned 480 calories! I feel on top of the world!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:40 am
Monday June 2, 2008

I pulled a calf muscle this morning... it huuuurts... no exercise today. I'm kinda bummed about it, but I WILL be exercising as soon as my leg feels better.

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 am
Tuesday June 3, 2008

I played Dance Dance Revolution after I ate lunch today for 30 minutes and burned 350 calories! I rock the house DOWN. Also, after dinner Mom and I went walking at the industrial park (sounds fun, doesn't it?) for 40 minutes at 3mph to work off our dinner. Go us!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:55 am
Wednesday June 4, 2008

My sister and I went swimming this morning. As soon as we got to the pool, though, the sun went away, so we only stayed for about half an hour. Still, I can feel the burn in my arms from the few laps I managed to get in! Okay... then I didn't exercise again until after dinner... I was PMSing REALLY bad today, started crying randomly because I heard my car was gonna be in the shop for another week (when it's already been there for a couple months, so I shouldn't be surprised). Well, I DDRed for 15 minutes and burned 177 calories. I also did 50 forward arm circles and 50 backwards arm circles.  

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 am
Thursday June 5, 2008

Okay, I'm on a cleaning spree today because my boyfriend's coming to the house next weekend. So I'm not going to be able to do my DDR until tonight (we're rearranging and moving the PS2 to my room from the living room). I am getting a workout from the cleaning and totally overhauling my room, though. I also found my ankle weights, resistance band, and dumbbells, so I'm probably going to use those today!

After dinner I DDRed for 30 minutes and burned about 350 calories. Yaay!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:47 am
Friday June 6, 2008

No exercise today... No excuses either.  

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:02 am
Saturday June 7, 2008

Another busy day... I'm not going to be home most of the day, so this morning I got up and did 100 crunches, 50 jumping jacks, 50 forward arm circles, 50 backwards arm circles, 25 squats, and 25 calf raises.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:05 pm
Sunday June 8, 2008

I didn't exercise today. My boyfriend got back from Italy yesterday, so I made the two hour drive to his house this morning to spend the some quality time with him. I did get a workout... just not the kind that needs to be documented. whee

Savvy Bee

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:07 pm
Monday June 9, 2008

No exercise today either. I JUST got home from my boyfriend's house today... we were having some serious car problems and I thought for a while I might be stuck at his house. sweatdrop But again, I got a good workout. wink  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff