Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Private Servers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gear Sage

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:49 pm
What's your take on this? Are they people stealing maple's ideas as their own? or are they actually something good for some people? An example of a couple would be the well known OdinMS (found at odinms.de) and Maple Crusade (found at maplecrusade.com) These servers tend to give more than the normal amount of exp and drops, and can also tend to d/c more often. If anyone wishes to discuss this matter, feel free to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:21 am
well i've played odin before and i found it like a nice little treat from when i get frustrated of training on GMS, sometimes i need a break and odin or anime is what i turn to for that 3nodding  

Takahashi Retsu

Kiss me im Asian

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm
User Image

Bump;n__n

I'm pretty happy with the Private Servers that are going on 'cause it's people's choice on what game they really wanna play. >_>
Like, if they complain they got perm banned on GMS because they were caught on a private server.. Then okay. ;__; It's their fault.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:15 pm
private server are pretty decent when you get bored of the real maple story, like it give a different way of motivation and also some private servers let you get to high levels like 4th job for example

players that cannot every reach lvl 120 can actually experience 4th job skills and dmgs in private servers, so i got no rejects on private servers

thats just my opinion  

Sho22

Arikana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:56 pm
I agree with the above statements.
Private servers are somewhat of a nice way to pass the time. Especially since they're considerably easier to level up in than regular MS.

However, I wouldn't go about signing up for them without doing a bit of research. With so many private servers being released to the public, there's a pretty good chance that one out of five of them will contain some kind of virus. I've heard many cases of people who were victims of keyloggers because they downloaded these applications for the private servers.

I found it hilarious that Odin was finally sued by Nexon. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:25 pm
Eh, I perfer the actual MS, private servers aren't the real thing, I think I rather work on my character in the actual game, im not gonna get anywhere on a private. Besides its too easy, it kills the fun of working hard.

Teh Puppet Queen

Takahashi Retsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:21 pm
Odin is getting sued! LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 pm
Takahashi Retsu
Odin is getting sued! LOL

Yup. $300,000 euro.  

Madox
Crew

LordVada

Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:33 am

you know why i enjoyed PSs? I could try out classes and see if i really wanted to go through the work of traiming one on GMS.

And nexon suing Odin is hypocricy to the 10th degree in my opinion. What about the Rigbol? What about the "renji" hair? What about all the things THEY pirated from OTHER things?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:54 pm
Didn't they delete OdinMS now? That's what i heard around GMS. it was fun playing on maplecrusade though.  

Devios Sano

Zarow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm
Kiss me im Asian
User Image

Bump;n__n

I'm pretty happy with the Private Servers that are going on 'cause it's people's choice on what game they really wanna play. >_>
Like, if they complain they got perm banned on GMS because they were caught on a private server.. Then okay. ;__; It's their fault.

If I was ever banned for being on a private server, I wouldn't go back to global.
That's a lame a** reason to get banned, even for Nexon.

As for me, I've played tons of private servers. Only play one now, which I'm working to prove myself as a GM. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 am
odinms.com takes me to a travel website o.o

So, Would someone be kind enough to PM me the correct link? mrgreen  

Chronos Interferon

Thanks 4 All the Fish

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 am
I don't support them.
Using any of Maple Story's unique creation (the in-game artwork, the programming - but to name few) is against the TOS and copyright law.
Thus, private servers are stealing Nexon/Wizet's work, and are illegal.
Nexon/Wizet's attorneys have already shut some down (such as Odin).

Really, anyone who participates on private servers are breaking the law.

Lord__Vader

you know why i enjoyed PSs? I could try out classes and see if i really wanted to go through the work of traiming one on GMS.

And nexon suing Odin is hypocricy to the 10th degree in my opinion. What about the Rigbol? What about the "renji" hair? What about all the things THEY pirated from OTHER things?

There are 6386366 types of hairstyles all over the world. Why not go sue all of the professional hairstylists for making ones similar to anime/famous people/cartoons.

And honestly, pointing a finger at Maple for "pirating" is hypocritical considering you use Gaia Online, which is the most notorious for making items based on all sorts of animes/cartoons/video games/etc.
As long as the name of the item isn't the same as hte original, and the art isn't an EXACT replication, then it is NOT pirating.

Private servers directly steal from Maple Story. Gaia and Maple Story's artists base items off of things known to its players to make the gaming experience more enjoyable and familiar  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 pm
PvT Servers are a complicated issue.
Personally i think it's obsurd and I think Nexon has every right to sue the people who stole their work. People on Gaia get pissy over people stealing their art-work and yet hear are people stealing their years of work, and this is costing them business. I bet if you were the ones losing money you'd be singing a different tune.

Also I personally find PvT servers to be too easy and thus taking away from the fun of the game. The lack of effort required is just not in my personal taste. Also they're filled with keyloggers, viruses and other dangerous stuff.

However I'll give PvT servers credit for having smaller, tighter, and more kinder communities. At least this is the case in the Trunks server as far as my friends inform me.

Taped To Your Wall

Devil Jinn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:02 pm
Is maplecrusade even online anymore?  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out