Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:01 pm
Hello and welcome to Gaian losers. We are going to work on losing weight together! It is very hard to lose weight sometimes, and having someone back you up is a great feeling, so having a community to fall back on seems even better.

Please feel free to introduce yourself to the guild. This can be personal as you would like. Only share what you feel comfortable sharing! Posting a picture is optional.

Also feel free to PM me or Miya if you have questions or concerns.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:04 pm
Hello! My name is Aeren. I decided to make this guild because I have been struggling with losing weight. It is a slow and steady process but sometimes it can get very frustrating.

I used to belong to ediets.com and I loved having the support of other people. It was a great thing to fall back on when I felt down. So I decided that this would be a way to bring people together.

I could stand to lose 50 lbs. I work out generally 4-5 days a week but my eating habits have yet to change.

I am a nursing student and school usually consumes my time. I use this as an excuse to avoid the gym and eat poorly. I also travel a lot to visit my fiance who lives in another city. I will be graduating in the spring with a BS in nursing. I am not an expert by any means in health. I do have some solid knowledge that I want to share with everyone.

Anything else you want to know, just ask!

I will be adding some newer pictures soon.  

Aeren
Crew

ShadowPanda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:09 pm
Hi! You can call me Panda, and I'm Aeren's sister (irl.) We're both a couple of fatties (no offense to us, haha) and Aeren has inspired me to join her guild and try to do better with weight loss.

I'm 24, I live in Montana and work on a ranch for my dad. My biggest downfall is probably my lack of excercise... and the fact that I love love love sugary bad-for-me foods. So with a little support from this guild, perhaps we can all improve our health and self image, eh?

xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:39 pm
Howdy, you can call me Grip or Grippy if you'd like. I looked up this guild in a search, and boom, it brung me here. I lost weight last year, and this year, I am renewing my goals to lose more weight.

I think one essential thing to fighting obesity is an education. An education can empower an individual to make changes and develop a positive attitude. Knowledge is power!

I kinda slumped on my whole weight loss grove during the fall semester though, mainly because of the intense mental stress, and the condescending, unhelpful remarks from some key people. It just goes all to show that losing weight is more of a mind game. To me, anyway.

I don't see obesity just on the individual level, but I see it on the larger scale- there's just a big and grave prevalence among Americans. Is it really so much of an individual's fault when our society is conducive to being overfat?  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:03 pm
Welcome Grippy! We are a small guild so far, but hopefully the numbers will grow! Glad to have you hear with us, and your opinion is a very good one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:24 am
Hi, I'm Fuzzykit! 4laugh And remember, just because I'm fuzzy by name, I'm not necessarily fuzzy by nature. scream ^_~ As soon as Aeren said she was setting up a weight loss thingy guild I wanted to join to a) support Aeren and b) gather some currently non-existent motivation to lose weight. ^^;

I'm great during the school/ working days- I don't eat much aside from breakfast and dinner, and I exercise a lot. But I tend to break during the hols. sweatdrop It's be great to lose a couple of stone (have lost oen in six weeks before but gained it after a bout of depression). >_<; I weight lift a bit durignt he hols, though. I just need to keep that up (especially since if I stop and start again I accidentally do too much in too little time and am crippled the next day). xd And I must deny my sweet tooth. ._.;

I just feel yucky, in short. And I hate to be seen as conforming to society's view of what women's figures should be like (screw society), but meh, this is purely for my own self-confidence. So nyeh. xp whee

*Spins aroudn in chair randomly* @_@  

Fuzzykit

Delaware

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:39 pm
Hi. I'm Delaware. I'm 23 years old and a single mom. My goal here is to stop my compulsive eating. I don't really need to lose weight, but I do need to get on a more healthy diet. I also need to start exercising (I'm at home all day, and most of that time is spent in front of the computer) so I'm not very active.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:40 pm
yar.
I be pocky, and i be a chubbster.
i'm not fat, but i'm heading there if i don't get on track now.
i'm graduating highschool this year, and my habits are definitely not the best.

i eat way too much chocolate, don't exercise enough, and spend most of my time in stationary activities such as reading, drawing and, well, gaia. i just need some help getting off my arse and out to exercise, especially when it's nasty weather.

i know i'll never be barbie thin, and i don't want to be. just wanna get rid of my tummy rolls, cause while big is beautiful lumpy isn't.. nor is it healthy. wink  

HockityPockity

Sensedog

Crew

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:23 pm
I am known as Sensedog around Gaia, and my real name is Aaron. I am a 21-year-old male who wants to lose at least a few pounds for the sake of my health later in life. I have started my diet about two weeks ago and I am already feeling better the more I excersize and watch what I eat.

Hopefully I can stay motivated long enough for my diet to make a difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:44 am
Sensedog
I am known as Sensedog around Gaia, and my real name is Aaron. I am a 21-year-old male who wants to lose at least a few pounds for the sake of my health later in life. I have started my diet about two weeks ago and I am already feeling better the more I excersize and watch what I eat.

iiieeee whee Sensedog!!! heart *glomps*

I'm glad you came here, enjoy yourself!  

Grip of Death
Crew

Sensedog

Crew

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:00 pm
Grip of Death
Sensedog

iiieeee whee Sensedog!!! heart *glomps*

I'm glad you came here, enjoy yourself!

I will, thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:35 pm
Hi there, I'm BT, and I'd like to lose weight (duh?). It actually isn't that much. I'd like to lose about 10-15 pounds, taking me from 140 to 125-130. I know that really isn't a lot at all, and that I probably don't need to be in something like this. Even so, as you all probably know, losing even the smallest amount of weight can be extremely difficult. So, here I am. Ready to start. ^^

General info stuff: I'm 16 and 5"5'. Like I said above, I weigh 140 pounds.

Why do I want to lose weight, you ask? Well, I just don't feel comfortable with myself. In a swim-suit, in tight pants, in dresses, etc. I'd like to be proud of my body. For once.  

`mm.t o a s t y

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:07 am
no worries, it doesn't matter how much or how little you have to lose, all are welcome here, and its always hard.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:03 pm
Hi, I'm zim and of course I'm trying to lose weight. I'll admit it, it's not a lot but we're all welcome right? biggrin I want to go from 133 to 115 if possible but I've never actually gotten to 115 lbs before. (I'm 5'2" by the way.) Right now in all honesty it's because I want to look good for an anime convention I'm going to, but over all I know I'm going to need to watch my weight later in life. My mom had to get a gastric bypass (sp?) because she was so overweight (and on top of that she has bad knees) that if she didn't lose it she'd be unable to walk.

Anything else that's important? *L*  

onnawaffle

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:22 pm
ladyavila
Hi, I'm zim and of course I'm trying to lose weight. I'll admit it, it's not a lot but we're all welcome right? biggrin I want to go from 133 to 115 if possible but I've never actually gotten to 115 lbs before. (I'm 5'2" by the way.) Right now in all honesty it's because I want to look good for an anime convention I'm going to, but over all I know I'm going to need to watch my weight later in life. My mom had to get a gastric bypass (sp?) because she was so overweight (and on top of that she has bad knees) that if she didn't lose it she'd be unable to walk.

Anything else that's important? *L*

Welcome to the guild sweetheart! Make yourself at home. We're all gonna support you in your efforts, whatever they are smile

I hope your mom is doing fine, too. I empathize with her problem. The more overweight the person is, the more constraints they have to work under in order to control their weight. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. smile  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games