Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Weight Loss Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serafim_Azriel

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:53 am
Adrienne's Weight Loss Journal

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Current Weight: 160 (BMI 27.5)
Goal Weight: 125 (BMI 21.5)

Me
Height: 5'3"
Habit to Break: Over-eating, boredom munching.

Solutions & Plans

Eating Habits: Eating healthy is not a chore, nor is not getting enough of all the food groups my problem. I eat when I am bored, even if I am not in the least hungry. I also eat after I am full at meals if I enjoy the food. So my solution to this problem is what I would like to call my prepared meals only diet. Most of the time when I munch, I munch on cookie dough (or cookie & cake powder), or microwavable foods. No more.
With the exception of fruits and vegetables, I am now required to prepare all of my meals. The least prepared is a sandwich or (stove-top) Ramen.
(Since I can't always do this, once a week tops for fast food, twice a week tops for a sit down place (with the exception of the vegetarian buffet and sushi places.))

Exercise:
Right now, I am getting my body used to exercising again. I do one hour on the elliptical every night and about 200 jumping jacks. I'm trying to find other cardio exercises that I can do with what I have. Unfortunately, biking is out of the question as I have no where to bike and running is difficult. While this part may sound odd, because of where I am currently staying, my breathing is often difficult and while I can go for up to 3 hours on the elliptical straight without much problem, I go up the stairs and get out of breath. This is due to altitude as I am on a mountain. (I grew up at sea level in a humid area.)
Hiking, however, is an option. Though I need to find the trails. I want to do kick boxing, tai chi and yoga, but I have no money for either the lessons or the videos and books don't work.

Updates

5/20
Currently, I have been exercising since April 30th without losing weight. My mom believes that it might because it is only my first month and she knows of people who have had that problem as well. It's frustrating because I don't know whether that is true for me or not.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 pm
You might find that you feel like you're loosing weight, but not actually see it. (I call that ghost weight loss)

Keep it up! Getting fit is never wrong.  

Lady Schist

Serafim_Azriel

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:45 am
Well, I actually think that I might be gaining muscle for once in my life instead of just losing weight. My reasoning for thinking this is that I noticed yesterday that my stomach felt slightly hard under the layer of fat. Which has never really happened to me before. Usually even when I was at my target weight, my stomach felt soft and squishy.

I think the main reason for this is my diet has changed. Previously, I would eat mostly junk food, or I would skip meals and often tried to between being vegetarian (skipping on protein entirely at times) and not. (I've never liked meat much is why.)
Now, however, I'm eating balanced meals and eating more protein.

(And a note, I realize that according to a BMI chart, 125 is on the higher side for my height, but I'm keeping in mind my build. I am built to never be a twig. I have an hourglass build and my bone structure is a bit wider than someone who could weigh 105 at my height.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:39 pm
When you gain muscle it holds the fat in place a lot better so it looks more solid and it just looks nicer.  

Lady Schist

Serafim_Azriel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 am
So it's been a month since I started and I gained 2 inches on my waist, and 3 lbs! crying

And I've only slipped up a few times! (Mostly since nothing has changed. I was skinnier when I was eating fatty foods, but then again, I was literally walking everywhere. At least 5 miles a day.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 am
So, apparently now my stomach, calves and arms look smaller. My thighs seems to have lost nothing, which sucks. Please note, I haven't weighed myself yet because I only do so on Mondays and I haven't measured because I only do that on the 30th.

(I do this so that I do get obsessive and focus more on getting healthy than getting skinny. I have body image issues and previously had an eating disorder.)  

Serafim_Azriel

Starlurk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:57 pm
I've noticed that if I do really well for just one week everything *but* my thighs look better. I'm not sure if it's because I hate my body and I hate my thighs the most or because thighs are hard to exercise and everything else is toned.

I want a thighmaster XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:54 am
Inner thighs seem to be the bane of every woman's (and some men's) existence.

On an update note. I seem to have pulled a muscle in my back while doing sit ups or bicycles or crunches or something. X.x

I have a weak back though, it's always been subject to pain. It's because I've always had big boobs and Big boobs = back problems.  

Serafim_Azriel

Serafim_Azriel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:29 am
So, my thighs haven't gotten skinnier, but they are less squishy. And my butt has shape once again! Yay!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 am
So, I'm cheap and I have no money, so I've started using online exercise routines. XD

Like Gilad preview and other such things. I'd rather go to a class for some things, but oh well.

And I have found a way to keep myself from boredly-munching.

I have one of the cheap mass produced corsets (the ones that cost like, $30). It doesn't hold my tummy in or make me look skinnier or anything (it's that much of a piece of crap), BUT, it does make it so that I don't over-eat or bored eat. Because if I eat too much wearing a corset, my stomach hurts. And If I'm hungry when I'm actually wearing the corset, that means I should eat. (aka I'm actually hungry and I'm not just bored and therefore hungry).

For those who don't know, corsets work as a sort of appetite suppressant because they sort of "fold" the stomach, put pressure on it so it tricks itself to feel smaller. However, the down side to this is that when you take it off, you will feel hungry unless you have just finished eating.  

Serafim_Azriel

Serafim_Azriel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:32 pm
Alright, so I weighed myself and I'm almost back down to what I started at, but my waist is now 36" from 33".

And I have officially decided that I know the reason why I feel so lazy here in Utah, it's always so freaking hot! I'm sitting in the basement of an air conditioned house in the second coolest room in the house with the window wide open and the fan on and I'm still sweating it's that hot! X.x I mean, at night it's as warm as I can freely move around and should be during the day. I'm the kind of person who walks out in the middle of winter in shorts and a tank top and feels comfortable. I walk upstairs and I feel like I'm in a sauna. sweatdrop

*dies*

Weight: 162lbs  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:05 am
Alright, so, I haven't posted recently because my computer crashed and now I am forced to use my dad's.

I measured again because I had just gotten my corset and I'm back down to 34 3/4"
yay!  

Serafim_Azriel

Serafim_Azriel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 am
So I've found two new tricks.
Walk my dog twice a day, the fat guy will lose weight too!

And I found a bunch of low calorie and healthy snacks. ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 pm
So It's been two months since I've started and I'm back at where I started- 160 lbs with a 33" waist. >.>

BLARGH!

So I have been hiking lately, and I've found some low cal snacks to much on. Of course, that might be my problem, or it might end up helping me. I don't know yet. This is really annoying. I'm supposed to be losing weight! X.x

On the brightside, by butt has shape and my arms and thighs are less jiggly. My stomach still grows and shrinks.

And my only good bra broke. T-T  

Serafim_Azriel

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces