Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
W.W.Y.D: What Would You Do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

any golden ideas?
  leave love bloom?
  kill the SOB
  GOLD!! (that is no help T_T)
View Results

Jinna-chan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 am
ok people, I have a huge problem that's digging my life and I'm desperate for your opinions so please don't sho me away. my dearest baby brother has suddenly confessed his sexuality and personaly I have nothing against him.

it's my MOTHER who is after his head if he doesn't change his mind. as soon she hit for the rifle he hit for the window.

now the REAL problem laies here: I am the one in charge to get him back to normal or mom will forsake both of us.

if your brother/sister want to become homosexual, what would you do?  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:27 am
I'd be happy for them. biggrin [*coughveryhappycough*]

However, if your mum/dad is a homophobe, I say 'screw them' and run yor own life. *shrugs* Or at least be tolerant. [<- I'd go with this idea.]

Sexual preferences are a small part of humanity, it shouldn't stop you. confused

Lenre Li
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:23 am
Rulin' ya universes...

Oof! Toughie D;
You should talk to your mother and tell her your opinion. Ask her why she thinks it's so wrong, and rebut, for gods sake, rebut.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:54 pm
thats my little sibling i would love them no matter what anyone said  

protecterofelements

Itsuki Yatakiji

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 pm
Same problem; my friend, that is. His parents are complete a----bleep, and wouldn't listen to a word we said, so...we kinda faked it. Told them he was straight again. One of his friends is his 'cover girlfriend.' It's kinda funny sometimes, because he has a boyfriend (who is forbidden from his house because even if they don't know they're together, they know he's gay) and he'll show up randomly, poke his head through the window and give him a peck on the cheek when the parents aren't in the room.
Still, I would kill to get his parents to understand him! It sounds fun and all, the whole thing, but sometimes he just gets really stressed out and want his parents to disown him already.
Honestly, he's better off just doing what he wants. Now that I think about it, they will probally try to murder him if they ever find out. And -- not that I'm wishing it upon them -- they're not in the best of health, and the doctor said they've got a few more years. We kinda figured, you know, make them happy. He's got his whole life ahead of him to be happy himself. Then again, my friend's already a junior in high school, so he'll be moving out soon anyway.
A suggestion; if you know anyone who's gay, with supportive parents, try getting the parents to talk to them. Honestly, do not try what we did! Unless it's a last resort.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 pm
that's so sad i would support my brothers no matter what and i think my parents would support them too i hope everything turns out ok with your bro and you. also look at p-flag (parents and friends of lesbians and gays) they might have something to help  

yukaritomo

Rainbow Hoarder

31,525 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Jinna-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:39 am
AH! it's been days and mom won't negotiate!
mainly she blame it all on me for being the bad influence (i have 2 gay friends)  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 am
Jinna-chan
AH! it's been days and mom won't negotiate!
mainly she blame it all on me for being the bad influence (i have 2 gay friends)
Rulin' ya universes...

*angry growl* Oh but for god's sake! Sexuality isn't contagious! scream
What exactly is it they find so damn wrong about it!?
...since 1992.

User_2629207

saternoutlaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:35 pm
i've had a similar problem here. I just tried to talk to my partens about it and let time bring it together. It did take a while, but in the end it all workd out.

So if I were you I would keep trying to talk to them about acceptance, because it's really not fair to your brother, who trusted them enough to tell them, that they put him down like that. They'll only succeed in harming their relationship with him if they continue their actions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:27 am
I would curse at my mum and help my brother out. I wouldn't try to change my parents minds much, atleast not mine since they're stubborn as hell. D:>

I would be with my bro all the way! Especially since I'd want my siblings to do the same.

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

smileontheedge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 am
I hate it when parents do that. It's not fair and they wonder why us kids, even us young adults are so screwed up. I totally blame the parents. They're the ones who raised us right?

Anyways: It sounds like your mom gave you choice. Fix your brother or your both screwed. I say give her a choice. It's either take us the way we are or forget it and try to find somewhere else to crash.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games