Pokemon Platinum Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you get it?
  Yes
  No
  Depends, will decide once more info is actually revealed.
  Who cares?
  I do?
  Why?
  Because im bored :emo:
View Results

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:02 am
Not sure if anyone knows yet but Pokemon Platinum has been revealed from what I hear is being released in August(in Japan). I think we wont get it in the states unitl next year but I cant wait! Im not going to buy a new pokemon game until it comes out, and I really would like to know whats up with the new Giratina and Regigigas forms. I believe I heard something about Shaymin having a new form to...cant remember. Although I was thinking about buying Diamond so that I can get Darkrai here at the end of the month...but I dont know. http://serebii.net/index2.shtml  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:57 pm
W00t! Another game I can waste 325 hours of my life on..............  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:21 pm
I'm actually getting tired of the third/special releases for each region. They just seem to be something Game Freak scraps together just to wet your appetite for their next game. I don't see it as a new game but a recycled +version. I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't do this with D/P but it would seem that is Game Freak's way. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald... Technically Yellow would a 4th as Blue eclipsed Green in the US because it didn't sell very well in Japan. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy pokemon as much as the next person, I even bought into Yellow and Crystal, but it just seems unnecessary to cram as much extra content into a new version that could have been done from the start. The addition of Battle Frontier in Emerald and an expanded story line like Yellow's is great, however I don't think I'm willing to pay full price for a mere update.

This is just my personal opinion. Don't let it tide you away from buying this game.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:15 pm
Felix Kristanelo
I'm actually getting tired of the third/special releases for each region. They just seem to be something Game Freak scraps together just to wet your appetite for their next game. I don't see it as a new game but a recycled +version. I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't do this with D/P but it would seem that is Game Freak's way. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald... Technically Yellow would a 4th as Blue eclipsed Green in the US because it didn't sell very well in Japan. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy pokemon as much as the next person, I even bought into Yellow and Crystal, but it just seems unnecessary to cram as much extra content into a new version that could have been done from the start. The addition of Battle Frontier in Emerald and an expanded story line like Yellow's is great, however I don't think I'm willing to pay full price for a mere update.

This is just my personal opinion. Don't let it tide you away from buying this game.
You're absolutely right, but, it being a Pokemon game, I have to have it sweatdrop  

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:42 pm
I'm buying it, especially if the rumour about the underground being Wi-Fi enabled is true. I've always wondered why they didn't include that originally.

Honestly, I like the extra games. They're always a bit more to them, and it gives me a chance to replay the story without deleting my old file. Plus, fancy new forms and more legendaries to catch is always fun. Can't wait for the release!!!

Although I kinda hope Platinum doesn't end up as the title. I mean, it's cool sounding, but it doesn't MATCH! If we've got Diamond and Pearl, it should be another type of gem-thing. Platinum sounds like it matches better with Gold and Silver to me......But I guess we son't have any say in that. Oh well...  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:48 am
I've never missed a new Pokemon game (the actual ones). So hell yeah I'm getting it.

Pokemon is the only real franchise of video games I really care about getting.  

Junk the Guild

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:45 pm
It's confirmed! Platinum is set to be released in Japan this fall ^^ It said it on serebii.net  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:58 pm
Wooooooooo! Hell yeha I'm getting it! Even thou my Diamond Version has all 493 on it... I don't think I'll mind going at it again  

ChronoFantasyForever

krishnath

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:02 am
Oh, you know I'm going to get it. I don't care if it is just a rehash of Diamond/Pearl. There will likely be new areas to explore, not to mention that one will get a chance to catch both Dialga and Palkia in the same game.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:24 pm
krishnath
Oh, you know I'm going to get it. I don't care if it is just a rehash of Diamond/Pearl. There will likely be new areas to explore, not to mention that one will get a chance to catch both Dialga and Palkia in the same game.

Same here. Pokemon isn't a disease, it's addicting like Tetris.  

Junk the Guild

Fullmetal-Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 am
E-Hero Omega
krishnath

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but since you brought up Pokemon addictions, I've read that there was a conspiracy stating that Pokemon cards were laced with nicotine to try and explain why kids(including me) loved them so much in the 90's.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:58 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
E-Hero Omega
krishnath

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but since you brought up Pokemon addictions, I've read that there was a conspiracy stating that Pokemon cards were laced with nicotine to try and explain why kids(including me) loved them so much in the 90's.
Omg... really? That's crazy gonk  

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:08 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
E-Hero Omega
krishnath

...People found out about that huh? Well I swear I had NOTHING to do with it >.>  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:51 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
E-Hero Omega
krishnath

Seriously? .....*glances over at the binders full of Pokemon cards that are lying on the floor by my desk* Conspiracy theories are silly, but I am suddenly questioning WHY I'm addicted to them.....  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 am
blue_man_of_destruction
Fullmetal-Shinobi
E-Hero Omega
krishnath

...People found out about that huh? Well I swear I had NOTHING to do with it >.>

stare ^Lies.  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces