Crown Duel Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:53 pm
I've been re-reading this book, and I rememebred why I love it so much. I was wondering if anyone else here read it, and what they thought about it. It's one of my favorite books, and it's given me some interesting things to mull over. I know that some people don't like court intricacies and intrigue and fights over the throne, but I like that sort of thing. It's interesting to me. Anyone else read this book?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:41 am
i havent read that book but it sounds interesting  

6hi6

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 pm
It's so good. I highly recommend it. It was originally published as two books, Crown Duel and Court Duel, but it was re-published as one, which was how the author originally wanted it. That's the copy I have. And it's falling apart.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:47 am
I read it as two books, I remember apsolutely loving Crown Duel when I checked it out from the library and then a long time later I came across Court Duel, I flipped out at the sequal/continuation and was so happy. Then when I found the book as a complete series I snatched it up immediately. Even the price for the newly merged book was wonderful. I'm awful at remembering details though so I need to reread it soon. 3nodding  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Marsel_lilas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:13 am
NightIntent
I've been re-reading this book, and I rememebred why I love it so much. I was wondering if anyone else here read it, and what they thought about it. It's one of my favorite books, and it's given me some interesting things to mull over. I know that some people don't like court intricacies and intrigue and fights over the throne, but I like that sort of thing. It's interesting to me. Anyone else read this book?
*nods* I love it because of those reasons too. I always thought that the Fan Talking was so interesting, I wouldn't learning it if it were true and out in the world. *smiles*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:51 am
Yeah, the fan language and flower language was interesting. I saw a book that gave meanings of flowers and I was like, "Ooo! I want it!" I'd have gotten it, if it hadn't cost about $25. I try not to buy books that aer over $20, if I can help it.

Edit: fan language is real. Just not in the way Sherwood Smith uses it. I think. This has something on it:
http://www.sff.net/people/sherwood/writing/parallel/fans.htm  

NightIntent
Captain

obscene_laughter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:46 pm
FaeDreamer
I read it as two books, I remember apsolutely loving Crown Duel when I checked it out from the library and then a long time later I came across Court Duel, I flipped out at the sequal/continuation and was so happy. Then when I found the book as a complete series I snatched it up immediately. Even the price for the newly merged book was wonderful. I'm awful at remembering details though so I need to reread it soon. 3nodding

ooooh there's a series as well? i've read the two of those books, and while i usually don't like books that are easy or fast reads, it was good!! i loved the ending to the second one, and the first one espicially. i just loved the ideas and the way the author formated it. i liked it... i would like to reread as well, i wouldn't mind at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:11 am
obscene_laughter
FaeDreamer

ooooh there's a series as well? i've read the two of those books, and while i usually don't like books that are easy or fast reads, it was good!! i loved the ending to the second one, and the first one espicially. i just loved the ideas and the way the author formated it. i liked it... i would like to reread as well, i wouldn't mind at all.

Um, yeah, it's a two-book series. Which is what she said. I wish there were more. But, sadly, there aren't.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:49 pm
*Poke, poke*

No one else has read this? It's such a good book. There have to have been other people who have read it. Please?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:02 am
I LOVE that book!! I have to reread it one day.  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:03 pm
Yeah, it's an awesome book. I made quite a few of my friends read it. And not a single one disliked it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:25 pm
Only one of my friends actually reads.  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:17 pm
I don't talk to many of my friends who I made read the book. Now, one reads, one would if she had time, one reads slowly, and one only reads manga unless she's forced to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:32 pm
I finished Les Mis a few weeks ago, and my friends were agasht that I COULD and DID read the 1,463 page novel. For fun.  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:02 pm
Yeah, most of the people I talk to are like that. It's really funny. I used to get asked why I like to read. Not for a while, though.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff