So how do you like them alligators?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:16 pm
There's this memory I have that keeps on bothering me. It won't stop poping up in my brain. Okay here it is...

I think it was the first memory I ever had. I don't remember thinking or smelling or being able to walk that well. I was at the zoo with my family and we visited the alligator pit. It was like a gorge with light blue paint, a foot of water, and alligators swimming around in the bottom. Four of them beneath me. My father held me up over the rail, over the pit, right above the swimming alligators and talked about dropping me in. "Do you want me to drop you in, I'm going to drop you in, yes I will, I'll drop you..." and so on. The scary part is that he almost did drop me. I squirmed and almost slipped out of his grasp and into the pit, he yanked my back in and we left.

I don't know why it keeps bothering me so much. I've learned how to swim real damn well and respect those things more than anyone I know, so I thought I'd taken care of it.

Maybe it's just all the times where my family willfully put me in danger and didn't seem to give a ********, even when I came back fine or just alive, they didn't care....

...so how do you like them alligators?  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:03 pm
see a shrink  

Naztakuan

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:11 pm
Naztakuan
see a shrink
Duh.

I've been seeing one since elementary school. That's one bloody long amount of time....  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 pm
I've had something like that sort of happen to me as a child. My dad held me over the edge of a ferry near Seattle, and was like, 'whoa, look at that.' I didn't get scared tho for some reason.

I can see why it still bothers you. I look back at that ferry day a lot, too. What was he thinking? Did he like having my life in his hands? What would have happened if he did drop me? And how would things be different now?

I hate when parents do that to their kids. Makes me wanna kick 'em.  

MEOWITSTERRA

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff