Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
It's time for confession.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever found yourself backsliding?
  Of course I have. I'm human. I forgive myself, and I move forward from there.
  Of course I have, and I beat myself up over it and never quite move on.
  Of course not. I am perfect. I never, ever break my diet.
View Results

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:12 am
I started out this year at 175 pounds, which is quite a ways down from the 237 that was my highest weight or even the 227 which was the weight at which I joined Weight Watchers.

Due to my own carelessness in the past two months, I have gone back up to 189.4 pounds, as of yesterday's weigh-in.

Yes, I'm disappointed in myself. No, I'm not giving up. I know exactly why I've gained 14.4 pounds since January. I know exactly what I have to do to get back on track. And I'm going to do it, come hell or high water. I'm going back to basics. I'm going back to the first page of this thread, and I'm going to obey those Good Health Guidelines like they're part of my religion, and not like they're just something I heard on the news.

For anyone else out there that feels like they're backsliding, now's the time: We still have more than half of 2008 left. Let's do this. Together.

This is a repost. The original, I posted under the Weight Watchers Discussion thread. Then I realized it might be good to share it with those who don't bother keeping up with that thread, so here it is.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 am
I cheated this last weekend when I lost the internet >_< Now I want to get back on the wagon but I'm having a hard time committing to it.  

Starlurk

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:39 pm
I confess that i am sometimes so afraid that i have slipped behind and will not be able to achieve my goal this year that i am too afraid to try and get back on track ._.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:41 pm
If you don't get back on track you won't make it in general :O Better to try and get close then not make it at all. Right? :3  

Starlurk

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 pm
Me too! I went from about 190 lbs down to about 160 lbs from february 07 to june 07... and from june 07 to april 08 i've gone from 160 to 166! whee I fell back into old habits and I've had a really hard time getting back on track. But I think I've really started to do it in the last couple weeks. We can do it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:36 pm
Starlurk
If you don't get back on track you won't make it in general :O Better to try and get close then not make it at all. Right? :3

i guess i am a perfectionist, if i cant do it well then i dont want to put lots of effort into doing it averagely >.<  

Iconised Ghost

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:35 am
You're not a perfectionist. A perfectionist would throw herself into her weight loss program and do it at all costs.

Let's get back on track together, you guys. I'm going grocery shopping today, and I vow to spend half of my budget on fruits and vegetables, some fresh and some frozen, so I can make healthy, low-calorie, low-fat meals that will be really satisfying. Join me!  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:25 am
Wow, that's a good idea about your budget, Divash... I'll do that next time I go shopping!  

Kiwi Girl

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 pm
Yay, go Kiwi Girl!

Okay, so here's what happened today at the grocery store. This time, my budget was $200.

I started right out with the produce section. That way I knew I'd get the healthy stuff bought FIRST. I spent about $40 on fresh fruit and another $50 on vegetables, and then about $10 on fresh herbs -- dill, basil, mint, rosemary, and some other tasty things. I now have a MOUNTAIN of freshness in my fridge.

Then I went to the meat section and realized that I could buy a whole, small chicken for about $6 to $8 depending on its weight, OR I could buy a kosher rotisserie chicken (already made, seasoned, and VERY low in fat) for $6.99. I went ahead and bought two rotisserie chickens for Sabbath, and whatever we don't eat for Sabbath will become chicken salads during the week.

I bought one bottle of wine and one package of flatbread, because I need those for sanctifying Sabbath on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I only eat the minimum required, and give the rest to my family and whoever drops by.

Then, with the budget running a bit low, I bought cranberry juice for my significant other and some napkins and laundry detergent, and boom: I came in way under budget. It's a good feeling.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:32 pm
Divash
You're not a perfectionist. A perfectionist would throw herself into her weight loss program and do it at all costs.

fine, commitment phobic then  

Iconised Ghost

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Divash
Yay, go Kiwi Girl!

Okay, so here's what happened today at the grocery store. This time, my budget was $200.

I started right out with the produce section. That way I knew I'd get the healthy stuff bought FIRST. I spent about $40 on fresh fruit and another $50 on vegetables, and then about $10 on fresh herbs -- dill, basil, mint, rosemary, and some other tasty things. I now have a MOUNTAIN of freshness in my fridge.

Then I went to the meat section and realized that I could buy a whole, small chicken for about $6 to $8 depending on its weight, OR I could buy a kosher rotisserie chicken (already made, seasoned, and VERY low in fat) for $6.99. I went ahead and bought two rotisserie chickens for Sabbath, and whatever we don't eat for Sabbath will become chicken salads during the week.

I bought one bottle of wine and one package of flatbread, because I need those for sanctifying Sabbath on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I only eat the minimum required, and give the rest to my family and whoever drops by.

Then, with the budget running a bit low, I bought cranberry juice for my significant other and some napkins and laundry detergent, and boom: I came in way under budget. It's a good feeling.

That's awesome! <3 I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:05 pm
Ah man, I was SO close to cheating today, I tend to talk myself into doing things I shouldn't, making it seem right, and I usually fall for it. I almost drank a milkshake, I didn't though. I am so happy biggrin . It's really hard for me to fight temptation sometimes.  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:57 am
Woo hoo, I'm so proud of you! Attagirl!  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:34 pm
I fell off the band wagon in a major way... I was doing so well! I went from 225 down to 215ish.... but then I went way back up in the lead up to my move... I think I topped out at 229 and then stopped weighing myself...

But ever since I moved, I've been doing so much better. I live right next to my favourite grocery store in town (it's the asian market! biggrin ) and I live close enough to work that I can walk (it takes about an hour) and I bought roller blades (because it is all flat from work to my place on a slight incline)... ^^ I can give myself a push and just roll home on a trail by the highway.

I've been walking more and eating healthier and what's more is that I'm not so stressed about my neighbors being crack addicts.

I rediscovered salad with the most awesome salad dressings... : D I have currently a wonderful rasberry lime vinnagrette and a yummy honey dijon dressing. And the age old ceasar (with shredded parmesan) for days when I want more than just 'salad'.

The only thing that I'm not sure is a problem or a good thing is that my room mate has terrible eating habits. (I'm improving them greatly) and that's the thing.

~I eat a lot better now than I did when it was just me and my fiance, because Dave (room mate) has this idea that I eat so healthily, and I want to lead by example.

~ I cook more because I always have someone to cook something nice for.

~ We have our friend Laura around more (she's allergic to eggs and milk and a vegetarian like me) so I always try and cook her something awesome to eat and it's almost always very healthy.

BUT~

Dave always has junk food in the house, and I find myself having a bit of icecream almost every night... or a hand full of chips at least.

BUT!

It's always very well portioned! Dave has awesome small and large dishes, I use the large dishes for salad and the small cups for icecream... and I usually share whatever packaged crud I'm eating with peter, because most things are portioned in twos...

I've been dropping pounds like flies since I moved in. ^______^

Moving really helps. I'm going to post pictures of the place I live when I clean it.  

Lady Schist

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games