Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bauhaus?
  Yay
View Results

Oreo the Sphinx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:10 am

OK, so this topic's a little late...
Bauhaus released a new album, Go Away White in March. What do you guys think of it? I've only heard about three songs from the album, but they were freaking awesome.
I know they said they wouldn't be touring or working together after this and Go Away White was their good-bye album, which is horrible. The godfathers of Goth saying goodbye *sigh*
Share your thoughts on Bauhaus and their new album, everybody.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:50 am
I haven't heard this album, but I've never really got to like Bauhaus much... Bella Lugosi's Dead is such an amazing song and I've loved it since the first time I heard it, but why don't they have more songs like this?? From any others I heard by them there was none that would resemble it or match its awesomness sad  

Ametrin

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:59 pm
Luz Melian
I haven't heard this album, but I've never really got to like Bauhaus much... Bella Lugosi's Dead is such an amazing song and I've loved it since the first time I heard it, but why don't they have more songs like this?? From any others I heard by them there was none that would resemble it or match its awesomness sad

There's not a lot you can do to compare any two Bauhaus songs. They shifted around a lot styllistically, ranging from reggae influences ("Exquisite Corpse" third movement) to disco ("Kick in the Eye") to funk ("Watch that Grandad Go") to glam, to proto-punk... really, they're a mishmash.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:48 pm
I honestly haven't listened to Go Away White much. However, I like "Endless Summer of the Damned" the best out of all of the songs.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Oreo the Sphinx

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:19 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I honestly haven't listened to Go Away White much. However, I like "Endless Summer of the Damned" the best out of all of the songs.

Yup. "Zikir" is pretty awesome too, though. As is "Dog's A Vapor"

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:23 pm
GilAskan
Luz Melian

There's not a lot you can do to compare any two Bauhaus songs. They shifted around a lot styllistically, ranging from reggae influences ("Exquisite Corpse" third movement) to disco ("Kick in the Eye") to funk ("Watch that Grandad Go") to glam, to proto-punk... really, they're a mishmash.

True 'nuff. And that's exactly what I love about them. "Bela Lugosi's Dead" absolutely rules. I love "Dark Entries" too.

Oreo the Sphinx

Eskimos are so gay

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:11 pm
I'm glad to see that I'm not seeing the same thing here that I've seen on other forums.

This is the first place I've seen more than, "This is nothing like old Bauhaus" or "They should have left well enough alone; this ruins Bauhaus for me, blah blah blah"

First of all, if you listened to more than just their singles collections, the new album is not entirely unlike their other music. The song Nerves in particular, from In The Flat Field, reminds me of Too Much 21st Century and Endless Summer of the Damned.

Second of all, like Gil said, Bauhaus are known for drawing influence from a variety of styles, and each album (and song, even) is very eclectic, and at least somewhat different from the last. Go Away White is still a wonderful album!  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:28 pm
The Ether and the Inuk
I'm glad to see that I'm not seeing the same thing here that I've seen on other forums.

This is the first place I've seen more than, "This is nothing like old Bauhaus" or "They should have left well enough alone; this ruins Bauhaus for me, blah blah blah"

First of all, if you listened to more than just their singles collections, the new album is not entirely unlike their other music. The song Nerves in particular, from In The Flat Field, reminds me of Too Much 21st Century and Endless Summer of the Damned.

Second of all, like Gil said, Bauhaus are known for drawing influence from a variety of styles, and each album (and song, even) is very eclectic, and at least somewhat different from the last. Go Away White is still a wonderful album!

Huh? I kind of remember you saying something different on the MF Goth Rock thread.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Eskimos are so gay

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:10 am
-Resurrected Writer-
The Ether and the Inuk

Huh? I kind of remember you saying something different on the MF Goth Rock thread.

It took a while to get used to, I said. confused

Mostly because the first song was a bit edgier than what I had heard of them up to that point.  
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games