Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Breeding Questions & Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:56 am
I have been reading it all and I guess I am just a little confused....(not trying to start an arguement!)..So basically what is being said is, if you co-own with someone and the soq in question wins a breeding, you can't co-own with them again? But can you still just outright give them a basket??

I'll use myself as an example...I co-own Haya with Roniel, but I have no rights to him save sig rights. When she and Natty got one of the rl breeding slots they gave me the third basket.

If the new rule is passed would that be not allowed? I think that might be a little harsh to people who might in name co-own a soq but have no real rights to them.

(Again, not trying to start an arguement just trying to understand >.<)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 am
If you are already represented with two pairs in the breeding raffle in which they win then yes, you would be under said rules prevented from receiving that basket becuase otherwise it would be as though you were represented in that breeding by three pairs.

At least that is how I understand it :3  

endejester

Feral Cat

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:13 am
oooh ok, so this is more like saying you can't have say four co-owned in a breeding drawing and get co-owned baskets or given baskets from all of them?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:41 am
If someone was trying to put in that many yeah <3

Example <3 I co-own almost all of my soquili <3

So I enter Fauno (Mine co-owned with merange) into a Raffle with Zingella (owned by Skye Starrfyre)

And

Cuter enters

Voltaire (Owned by lilwere and myself) and 'Lady Luck' (owned by Cuter)

Those two are the pairs entered 'in my name' they would be my 2 pair total limit and have been legitimately entered one by myself and one by another)

After that...
If for example Lil entered Sukina (owned by she and I) with another Soquili... I would not be able to receive baskets from that third pair. Becuase a) she has breeding rights and b) I already have two legitimate pairs entered. So, becuase we all entered the -same- raffle it removes the potential of me bing gifted a basket should Sukina win that raffle.

Basicly it keeps me from in a way, even a gifty way, having 3 pairs entered.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Roniel REVOLUTION

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 am
I think it would be nice if there were more perks for lifemating other than the occasional lifemates only raffle... maybe that lifemates are allowed one extra breeding or something? As it is, it's almost detrimental to lifemate your soq rather than say... just give blanket breeding position to the other soq without lifemating since if you lifemate and the other owner disappears you're still penalized if you want to unlifemate 'em.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 am
My only worry there would be that people would lifemate JUST for that extra breeding. I've already noticed that there's more lifemates popping up when a raffle springs up with a lifemate category so I am pretty sure we'd see a lot more lifemates if they were given an extra breeding.

Personally, I think it's sweet when a couple lifemates, but I don't think it should make them more special. That's a choice people take upon themselves.

I'd rather suggest lifemating categories be removed from the raffle for that reason as personal decisions shouldn't always = reward. It's starts looking like people need a reason to make two pets sticking together worthwhile.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Roniel REVOLUTION

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am
It'd still feel nice to have sorta... an extra something for lifemating. This doesn't really have to do with breeding, but maybe a double lifemates cert or something. That'd be a sweet way to acknoledge it.

I can see what you mean by some people wanting to take advantage of that, though... Maybe something like... you have to have been lifemates for all of you soquili's breedings to get an extra one? That way if someone could just spontaneously lifemate their soq for their last breeding for an extra basket or something...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 am
Perhaps at least having to have been life mated for X amount of time? And...perhaps so its not instantly dissolved that you must maintain it for X amount of time subsequent?  

endejester

Feral Cat

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am
I agree that lifemates shouldn't get anything special. It's just like tacking on an extra name to a Soq and it's a personal choice to lifemate or not. If it was something more than personal choice then i'd agree but it's not.

You shouldn't get perks just because you decide to tack a label onto your soq's.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:24 am
I am in total full support of Meeki's idea, and support the argument that it's just enforcing a new rule.

I actually REALLY like the idea of a double cert for Lifemates. That's a nice, harmless little perk. And really, why would you get a double cert just to have a double cert?

Harmless, not going to be very abused.

Granted, you might have to have another certist to handle the workload, but I think it's a cute idea.

NOW.

Can ANYTHING be done for low luck couples? I think it's absolutely flaming ridiculous that we have couples that have been trying for over a year, and have not even had ONE breeding. That is CRAZY.

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:34 am
Sabin Duvert

And Cuter, I don't think Kamiki meant anything by using you as an example of co-owning pairs 0.o I think she was just saying that even Hatter had friends she co-owned things with herself.

I did not intend to come across as attacking her (and I doubt highly Kamiki intentionally said it with any venomous intent), but I was just throwing my comment out there because Ende's right..."It's a touchy area to use names even if well intended." ^__^;;; No harm, no foul, I would just prefer my name be left out of things, especially since I'm not a major contributor to this whole conversation (... YET!) <3 [/once again late and off topic]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:42 am
I'd suggest increasing the amount of time between breedings but I think I'd be shot.

Honestly though with the number of soq increasing by at least 2 for every breeding its going to be harder and harder for low luck couples to get slots and there will be increasing numbers of them as well.  

endejester

Feral Cat

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:10 pm
endejester
I'd suggest increasing the amount of time between breedings but I think I'd be shot.

Honestly though with the number of soq increasing by at least 2 for every breeding its going to be harder and harder for low luck couples to get slots and there will be increasing numbers of them as well.
I am in complete agreement here ^^; I know I am bad, but if I could change it to 5 months, I probably would. It would never happen wink I remember the hub-bub when it changed to "have to have two months of 'silence' before entering the soquili again".

And while I think lifemating is great, I agree in there not being breeding perks for them. I feel that this is a decision that should not be made with /only/ babies in mind - wether that be RP, between the owners, or otherwise. (wow, I feel like I sound old-fashioned o_O )

As for if there was a timing on how long they've been officially lifemated, not everyone signs up when the owners decided they'd like to lifemate. I don't think that makes a "union" any less important or should even get an advantage in that sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:48 pm
As for lifemating, I feel there should be some form of perk or reward for lifemating, if only because there is a consequence for breaking a lifemating. While I understand the argument that people would be inclined to lifemate simply for breeding perks, I feel that something related to breeding would be most suitable since the consequence for breaking a lifemating is related to breeding.  

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Talaye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:08 pm
I thought that, originally, the perks for 'life mating' were cut down on because people were just randomly saying "Hee! My pair is life mated. =D" without actually thinking about it just to get put into that extra raffle.

I agree with Meeki. I don't view a life mated couple as being anything different from any other couple. I choose -not- to life mate my couples because I don't view it as a necessary part of saying that they're together, even if it's for the long haul.

*will eventually make it back to her own account*  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces