Submit

L = Aspie?
  yes
  no
  hmm...
View Results

Rei ojou-sama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:55 pm
I don't feel like explaining it so just follow the link here.

Thoughts?

There are other aspie things he does if one is interested they can me posted.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:37 pm
Hmmm... that's a really interesting question.
(Is it sad that I immediately think of Boston Legal? Yeah, probably.)
I have no idea owo  

surgexmonkey
Captain

rabbitbutt

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:38 pm
sweatdrop I don't know.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 pm
There is a remarkable similarity between that syndrome and his actions and so called habits... I agree with the author of that article or...page whatever.
I don't think L actually has it but if the creators took stereotypical actions for the syndrome that's a little...screwed up. But oh well I suppose it does make him seem rather odd and that's what most people like about him along with him being so damn smart and all.
I never would have connected the two things together though. lol
It would make for a great story line. Autistic boy! Solves crime with his amazing intelligence and extremely odd habits! I'd..watch that show. (Hopefully that wasn't offensive to anyone.... >> << )  

goodle_shoes

Red Kasei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:50 pm
Hmmm...the evidence given seems to point that L-kun has AS...but I'd prefer to think of him as a rainman.

Sounds nicer heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:35 pm
goodle_shoes
There is a remarkable similarity between that syndrome and his actions and so called habits... I agree with the author of that article or...page whatever.
I don't think L actually has it but if the creators took stereotypical actions for the syndrome that's a little...screwed up. But oh well I suppose it does make him seem rather odd and that's what most people like about him along with him being so damn smart and all.
It would make for a great story line. Autistic boy! Solves crime with his amazing intelligence and extremely odd habits! I'd..watch that show. (Hopefully that wasn't offensive to anyone.... >> << )

I don't think its messed up. I think that it is highly likely that the person who wrote Death Note is an Aspie (diagnosed or undiagnosed). In the about the author parts, the author says things that make is seem as though the characters L's oddities were based on the authors own oddities. Its not just L though Near displays signs of Asperger's as well.

I think it would be interesting to hear the authors thoughts on this matter.  

Rei ojou-sama

27x

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:37 pm
I myself have asperger's syndrom by blood, believed to have started with my grandmother on my fathers side, and I can say that L could very likely have asp erger's syndrom.

I believe the man is right as well, it doesent make sence that the writers would intentionally make an autistic charactor without putting it into the show, but it is still interesting that he displays most of the traits.

I don't want to bore you, so I'll make it short. L displays many charactoristics of asp erger's syndrome. Where a cold will give you the same symptoms every time, asperger's syndrom could give you random ammounts and types of many different syntoms. Therefore, I am much different than L, and have much different symptoms, we both have it(supposebly).  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:11 pm
Rei ojou-sama
goodle_shoes

I don't think its messed up. I think that it is highly likely that the person who wrote Death Note is an Aspie (diagnosed or undiagnosed). In the about the author parts, the author says things that make is seem as though the characters L's oddities were based on the authors own oddities. Its not just L though Near displays signs of Asperger's as well.

I think it would be interesting to hear the authors thoughts on this matter.

Didn't really think about that. Maybe you're right.  

goodle_shoes

sweet-latte

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 pm
hmm. that's an interesting way of looking at the personality of L.
but i do agree with the fact that super geniuses like him have a
weird sense of sensitivity in the way they think~ =]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:20 pm
I was actually thinking about this the other day...
My one cousin has Aspergers, and some of the things he does and some of the things L does are similar...
But I don't really think the author really intended L to have Aspergers.
It'd be really likely if L was a real person, though. Maybe it's just because I don't think any normal person should be that smart. XP

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nillava

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:25 am
geh, I dont think he actually has it. I think that the creators just wanted to make him quirky and its just as simple as that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:44 pm
Wow. I would never thought of him having Asperger's or Autism.
It's interesting to me because I have Asperger's and not a lot of people talk about it.  

Ally the Wildcat

Neurotripsy

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:52 am
When I read the manga I thought he was a bit too odd to be neurotypical, then it seemed even clearer in the anime that he might be an Aspie (what with the intonation of his voice, etc).
I'd love it if he was autistic, actually, I don't think I've ever seen a fellow Aspie in anime before!

Wish I could read that article, the site won't load for me. gonk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm
i know people like that. i cant really say L isnt im not. but i agree with I_27_04
i think if he was it would be in the manga or amine. he has strange habits but and im not exagerating i know some people including myself who regularly do some very odd things.  

Loki god of BS

xKayoko_scissor-heartx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:09 am
maaybe... i luv him anyway heart  
The L Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out