Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 am
I need to first say that this thread will contain information on the following TNG books:

Reunion
Death in Winter
Resistance
Q&A
Before Dishonor

If you haven't read them, or at least most of them, I suggest leaving now....

Now, I just finished Before Dishonor and I didn't realize that Q&A is before it, so I'm reading that right now, but by far, Before Dishonor is the most jaw-dropping....

This isn't just the TNG crew, though (btw - it's the Enterprise-E) - we get to see a bunch of old friends:

- Will, Deanna, Tuvok, and the rest on the Titan
- Kathryn Janeway, Seven of Nine, and Spock
- cameos by Mackenzie Calhoun of the Excaliber, as well as Adm. Nechayev and Jellico
- Q, of course
- and probably more I'm forgetting.

Just wondering if anyone other than me has read these and what they think. 'Cause I nearly screamed at the end of Before Dishonor and I need to talk about it....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:22 pm
I haven't read the book, but my friend so kindly told me THE WHOLE THING!!!

I actually did scream...... is that weird? then I was kind of in shock for a while.... man that ending SUCKED my fav character..... *twitch*

But I mean.... there's always some hidden story when Qs are around. Usually, I hope. There'd better be. right?

neutral man now I'm freaking out again......  

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:59 pm
Tell me about it.... I totally saw it coming about halfway through, especially considering the title ('Before Dishonor' - as in death before dishonor?!), but I still hated it. But for us JC shippers, there's little hint of that....

On another note, for us PC shippers, there's tons of it! Yay!! (I am so friggin' happy about that....)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:18 pm
yeah, that was really shocking though..... But don't you think if they were going to do that to her it should be in a VOY relaunch? not a TNG. But oh well, it's done.... It'll be interesting to see what direction they go with it.

Yeah I'm a big J/C shipper..... I didn't like they way C/7 was thrown together, it was so last minute! and after all that J/C buildup...... sorry I tend to rant on this subject....

I really like the P/C matchup biggrin I think they'd go together so well!  

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:09 pm
I don't care about your ranting - I feel the same way! C7 was forced the same way that Trip/T'Pol was on ENT. (Oh, and btw, C7 is dead, according to the books - she dumped him upon their return to Earth.) The books are even more for the JC relationship - I could point out probably a couple of dozen instances between the two of them in just the books alone.

But they did leave room for more Voy books - which would be interesting, especially considering Lady Q's comments about the universe going back.

Gah.... stressed This was one of those books that I needed much more on...they've got to have some sequels - Voy, at least, if not TNG - that deal with that. The ending was way too open to not do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:32 pm
Thank you for not minding the rant biggrin my friends usually let me go on and on then when I stop talking they look at me and say "Oh sorry I spaced out, can you repeat that?" lol

Yayy for the books biggrin I always figured 7 would be the one to break it off if it would happen.... just a hunch..... I really need to find some books and get reading razz I wonder if Coles could order some. If not Amazon would probabaly have a few.

According to rumours on startrek.com a new book following "Before Dishonour" is set to come out late this year. I don't know if it's true but I hope so.

!! I forgot to mention yesterday that it was Kate Mulgrew's birthday! so yeah, Happy Birthday where ever she is biggrin that was kind of off topic....... oh well anyways.  

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:05 am
Damn, I have to get those books! D:
:'D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:25 pm
-[.Moo.]-
Damn, I have to get those books! D:
:'D

Yup! xd

I strongly recommend you get them asap! If you can, read Reunion before - it just intros a few characters for Death In Winter. Though Reunion is good for a little PC shipping and seeing some of the old Stargazer crew. It's actually one of my faves - for the TNG books that is.

I gotta go check on the supposed continuation of Before Dishonor...that was so freakin' good....  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items