Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
homophobic violence in schools Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonLadyUmi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:22 pm
on 12 febuary 2008, lawrence king was shot and later died by the boy he asked to be his valentine. on friday, 25 april 2008, myself and others with be taking a vow of silence in support of gays and in protest of anti-gay violence. i hope you will join me in this.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:31 pm
ForbalaTheGreen
on 12 febuary 2008, lawrence king was shot and later died by the boy he asked to be his valentine. on friday, 25 april 2008, myself and others with be taking a vow of silence in support of gays and in protest of anti-gay violence. i hope you will join me in this.

*faints*  

Jinna-chan

retice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:09 pm
Quote:
The E.O. Green School shooting refers to the shooting and murder of Lawrence "Larry" King (January 13, 1993[1] - February 12, 200 cool , a 15-year-old student at E.O. Green Junior High School in Oxnard, California, United States, on February 12, 2008. Fellow student Brandon McInerney has been charged with murder and his lawyer, William "Willie" Quest, is seeking a relocation of the venue.[2] It was alleged that the suspect's motivation for the crime was that King was gay and had asked McInerney to be his valentine,[3] and as such, the shooting was deemed a hate crime by prosecutors.[4]

More about this on Wikipedia.

I'll definitely join in on your vow of silence. This was a horrible, horrible murder. For this boy to be openly out in the eighth grade, and have the confidence to wear feminine clothing and ask another boy to be his valentine is awesome and inspiring.
I'm disgusted by this story.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:11 pm
retice
Quote:
The E.O. Green School shooting refers to the shooting and murder of Lawrence "Larry" King (January 13, 1993[1] - February 12, 200 cool , a 15-year-old student at E.O. Green Junior High School in Oxnard, California, United States, on February 12, 2008. Fellow student Brandon McInerney has been charged with murder and his lawyer, William "Willie" Quest, is seeking a relocation of the venue.[2] It was alleged that the suspect's motivation for the crime was that King was gay and had asked McInerney to be his valentine,[3] and as such, the shooting was deemed a hate crime by prosecutors.[4]

More about this on Wikipedia.

I'll definitely join in on your vow of silence. This was a horrible, horrible murder. For this boy to be openly out in the eighth grade, and have the confidence to wear feminine clothing and ask another boy to be his valentine is awesome and inspiring.
I'm disgusted by this story.

THAT'S what the day of silance is for??? OMG...I...I wish I'd signed up.......I feel horrible now cry  

mikado13

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:29 pm
Day of Silence is not for the shooting, it started way before that. However, it will be integrated into the day's meaning for the silence. One voice that no one will ever hear again. We are silent to show the pressure and we do it so people know that that is how many GLBT people feel, especially young people, in certain environments like school.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 pm
Wow O.O I didn't even hear about this story untill now. What a load of crap. Honestly. The world has become so close-minded. Here there's finally a guy who has the guts and pride to ask another guy to be his valentine and he ends up shot. >.> wow....  

Jennycat_007

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

*slams fist on desk*
I HATE PEOPLE.
Every time I hear this story (this would be like, the 7th time) I get SO DAMN ANGRY.
I am totally going to be silent on friday. My friends all say it's dumb and pointless, BUT I DON'T CARE D;<
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:05 am
Hopeless_Knight
Day of Silence is not for the shooting, it started way before that. However, it will be integrated into the day's meaning for the silence. One voice that no one will ever hear again. We are silent to show the pressure and we do it so people know that that is how many GLBT people feel, especially young people, in certain environments like school.

Oh.....okay. I was never really informed on any of this. There was an announcement at school that the GSA would be having a day of silance...the principal never said why.  

mikado13

sjdfnkwnf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:27 am
Why haven't I heard anything about this? So typical that such awful news haven't reached up where I live, maybe it's not 'important' enough. *Sigh* In any manner, I will definitively have a silence moment on Friday for the memory of this poor boy who had to suffer because of some people's dislike of homosexuals.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:35 am
eek That's horrible! gonk I had never even heard this until now. Why, though? What had he actually done? scream He had the courage to ask another guy out and he ends up shot for it... I hate society so much. stressed

The Day of Silence was today? eek I didn't even know... crying  

Honourable123

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:43 am
yes i heard that story as well it made me very sad that someone could be that stupid. It was also the Day of Silence at my school today as well and people were asking me why i wasn't silent as well to show support, i do but the thing is i do it in my own way but i can't be silent  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:21 am
I stayed silent til 11-12th period out of 13 when this b*****d was poking me, punching me, saying rude comments and drawing on my skin with a marker. About halfway through the class I got up and punched him in the face and ended my silence with a slew of curses. I tried but my anger got the best of me since he was trampling on what I believed in. I wasn't doing the day of silence as a joke or for my friends. I did it for myself. Would you spit in the face of someone running for AIDS or the Million Man March? Then why do the same to me for what I believe in?  

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

Broken Hearted Hiei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:54 pm
Hopeless_Knight
I stayed silent til 11-12th period out of 13 when this b*****d was poking me, punching me, saying rude comments and drawing on my skin with a marker. About halfway through the class I got up and punched him in the face and ended my silence with a slew of curses. I tried but my anger got the best of me since he was trampling on what I believed in. I wasn't doing the day of silence as a joke or for my friends. I did it for myself. Would you spit in the face of someone running for AIDS or the Million Man March? Then why do the same to me for what I believe in?
The b*****d that did that to you should rot in hell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:38 pm
The sad part about the case is that they were thinking of letting the murderer off nicely because "he is homophobic and fear can make you do irrational things". Psssh yeah like it's not a hate crime rolleyes .  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers