Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Custom Questions & Old Forms Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 am
kaliskanny
XBlind-DarknessX
-Raises hand- Me! Me! Pick me! I have a question!

So, I am wanting to get a crossbreed Angeni/Unicorn. I have had the angeni concept in my mind for quite some time but something was off. I was wondering, is it allowed to request scars or torn feathers on the angeni wings or is that prohibited. I know it isn't alright to have things like growing off of them or like chains on them but I was wondering if marks and tatters were also under that category? Also, I was thinking of having his horn be steel. Would that be considered a mutation if it were a horn that was seemingly dipped in steel? Thank you for your time.

Not sure on the tattered wings...but the horn thing I know. Recently there was an angeni made with a glass horn. It wasn't counted as a mutation. It was just an edit. Hope that helps.
So for the wings should I just ask the colorist I enter into the custom raffle for? Thank you! I'm totally excited for that one!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:14 am
I have a question about the angeni wings. I was wondering if it is possible for a custom angeni to have only one set of the angeni wings on the back....? So, have the other two completely gone, not faded or anything.

Thalea

Devoted Mage

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:33 pm
Thalea
I have a question about the angeni wings. I was wondering if it is possible for a custom angeni to have only one set of the angeni wings on the back....? So, have the other two completely gone, not faded or anything.

Only if it's a mutation or a crossbreed. The 4 wings are what make the angeni.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:45 pm
kaliskanny
Thalea

Only if it's a mutation or a crossbreed. The 4 wings are what make the angeni.

Okay, thank you.

Thalea

Devoted Mage

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:57 am
I have this tapestry that I really adore, and I've been thinking a long time about how much I'd love to get a Soq based off of it. I wanted to get an Uni-Angeni with the domain of Suits.

Then I thought about it more, and was thinking that it'd be a cool idea to get four Uni-Angenis with each having a domain for a card suit: Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, and Clubs. I know there's a Queen of Hearts cosplay already, so I wanted to make sure that these wouldn't overlap (I could actually get the Hearts one as male to separate it from her even more).

Or, the other idea would be to get the Angeni of Suits, and then get the four suits as other breeds.

Are any of these okay ideas to quest for?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 pm
@Starie: There's also a male angeni that is King of Hearts. He had foals with Isabliss... *has forgotten his name sweatdrop * I know that doesn't help you much, but I thought you should know...  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:06 am
Hehehe.... Well, I guess I'm not the only one who likes playing cards then. xd Thanks for the heads up on that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 am
Could I suggest that WIPs are mandatory, for any type of custom? I've run across an issue a couple of times, and recently heard of a few more. Some colorists like to do a custom fully, and then show it... And I've gotten the wrong custom before, I mean, lines were wrong, and hair too. When I told the colorists they've got testy with me. And ever since then, if a colorist does that, I don't say anything, because I feel uncomfortable. Had they showed a WIP of the coloring, I could have pointed out that the lines were wrong, and saved some trouble.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Dollfie

Enigmatic Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 pm
For anyone that knows:

I probably missed this info when I was on hiatus, but is the wavy/crimped hairstyle currently available as a stock option in custom slots? I have seen it on several Soquili, including a brand new 1st gen, but it is not shown as an available hairstyle in the customs information thread with the other hairstyles.

Also, I have seen a few female Cerynei with little antlers, and was wondering if there are/will be templated antlers coming for them?

Thanks in advance for the help! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:10 pm
Dollfie
For anyone that knows:

I probably missed this info when I was on hiatus, but is the wavy/crimped hairstyle currently available as a stock option in custom slots? I have seen it on several Soquili, including a brand new 1st gen, but it is not shown as an available hairstyle in the customs information thread with the other hairstyles.

Also, I have seen a few female Cerynei with little antlers, and was wondering if there are/will be templated antlers coming for them?

Thanks in advance for the help! ^_^

If you mean the hair that was on the Magic Man uni from the last flatsale...yes. That is a stock option.

The antlers are a work in progress.  

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:41 pm
XBlind-DarknessX
kaliskanny
XBlind-DarknessX
-Raises hand- Me! Me! Pick me! I have a question!

So, I am wanting to get a crossbreed Angeni/Unicorn. I have had the angeni concept in my mind for quite some time but something was off. I was wondering, is it allowed to request scars or torn feathers on the angeni wings or is that prohibited. I know it isn't alright to have things like growing off of them or like chains on them but I was wondering if marks and tatters were also under that category? Also, I was thinking of having his horn be steel. Would that be considered a mutation if it were a horn that was seemingly dipped in steel? Thank you for your time.

Not sure on the tattered wings...but the horn thing I know. Recently there was an angeni made with a glass horn. It wasn't counted as a mutation. It was just an edit. Hope that helps.
So for the wings should I just ask the colorist I enter into the custom raffle for? Thank you! I'm totally excited for that one!

Physical alterations that involve "distressing" are generally edits - tattered feathers, scars, broken horns, chipped hooves, docked tails, roached manes, notched ears, expressions, etc. If it's something that could logically happen in the real world to an animal/equine, then it's *not* a mutation.

As Kaliskanny mentioned, things simulated with coloring only are not mutations (glass/steel/metal/patterned scales etc.)

Thalea

An Angeni with only two wings would be a Halfbreed Angeni. Entirely possible as a custom, but he/she would not have a domain, being a cross between an Angeni and a Regular.

StarieMichie
I have this tapestry that I really adore, and I've been thinking a long time about how much I'd love to get a Soq based off of it. I wanted to get an Uni-Angeni with the domain of Suits.

Then I thought about it more, and was thinking that it'd be a cool idea to get four Uni-Angenis with each having a domain for a card suit: Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, and Clubs. I know there's a Queen of Hearts cosplay already, so I wanted to make sure that these wouldn't overlap (I could actually get the Hearts one as male to separate it from her even more).

Or, the other idea would be to get the Angeni of Suits, and then get the four suits as other breeds.

Are any of these okay ideas to quest for?

Any of those would be fine to quest for, though you'd have to check around for existing card-based Angeni - as Starie mentioned there's an Angeni of Hearts floating around.
Angeni King of Hearts, from what I'm told this is the only one thus far.

LunaRei_SilverBlood
Could I suggest that WIPs are mandatory, for any type of custom? I've run across an issue a couple of times, and recently heard of a few more. Some colorists like to do a custom fully, and then show it... And I've gotten the wrong custom before, I mean, lines were wrong, and hair too. When I told the colorists they've got testy with me. And ever since then, if a colorist does that, I don't say anything, because I feel uncomfortable. Had they showed a WIP of the coloring, I could have pointed out that the lines were wrong, and saved some trouble.

A number of colorists do their work in one sitting and that isn't very conducive to producing WIP's; in other cases, the lines are actually the last part of the edits to be done. If you feel a WIP is necessary, I'd suggest asking the colorist if they would mind doing so before you enter for slots. From personal experience I only do WIP's when I'm uncertain of a conceptualization or with very complex customs, but if it's requested I'd be happy to produce WIP's along the way.

If you have any problems with a colorist being unprofessional, please forward your PM exchange to me and I'll resolve it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am
Felmino
Any of those would be fine to quest for, though you'd have to check around for existing card-based Angeni - as Starie mentioned there's an Angeni of Hearts floating around.
Angeni King of Hearts, from what I'm told this is the only one thus far.
Thanks for the info! Then I guess my next question would be if having a Queen of Hearts domain would step on the toes of the Queen of Hearts cosplay? One is a theme, and the other is a proper character, but I do also see how they overlap.

Although, my idea originally didn't have any rank to go with the suit; it would have just been "hearts" in general.

You'll have to forgive me for asking stretching questions, but I'm trying to see if there's a way to obtain a full set (I really am a strange collector of things).  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:28 pm
If I wanted to get a pure kalona, but wanted an edited tail like this, would that be allowed or would it have to be a kalona/unicorn crossbreed?

(I asked Yami for permission to link to her soquili.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:18 pm
If I got a kalona with the regular soquili smile (but all the other kalona features), would it be considered a halfbreed? The character I'm trying to get is a bit too subtle for the snarl face but I'd rather he be considered fully kalona in RP.

Thanks!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm
Revolutionary Roniel
If I got a kalona with the regular soquili smile (but all the other kalona features), would it be considered a halfbreed? The character I'm trying to get is a bit too subtle for the snarl face but I'd rather he be considered fully kalona in RP.

Thanks!

If you get the kalona edited, then expression changes wouldn't change the breed, they are just a minor edit.

If you were going for unedited and wanted the reg Soq style, I'm not sure.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff