African american
  Caucasian
  Oriental
  Hispanic
  Other?
View Results

RoarGoesSheep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:22 pm
When majority of people think of goth your typical answers somewhere have within them:
"White/Pale"
"Always wear black"
"Depressed"
"Listen to screamo and rock"
"Hate the world"

It's bad enough being a Caucasion you will get discriminated against with all those sterotypes but then it's harder on us(people like me)

Why?
Because you get crap like, "You don't know where you belong. Are you trying to be white? because now you're a freak in the black community.."

Not being pale and "looking like" we are goth or "should be" goth isn't our fault.

Anyway...I was wondering:
1.Are you an african american goth? If so do you deal with the annoyances I do as well?
2.Caucasian Goths, what do -you- think of us? How would you treat us?

Think on this:
If everyone was wiped of skin color and had only their clothes and mind set to set them apart from one another. What would you find to discriminate against then? Would you still be so judgmental?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm
What do I think? I think a goth is a goth, a rocker is a rocker, a rapper is a rapper, ******** all this wigger/bloth bull s**t, you are what you are, there should be no distinction based on colour, creed or belief as social type is something completely autonomous from all that.  

Rellik San
Crew

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:16 am
.^^'You are what you are"^^
stare I feel for you. It's quite annoying but don't worry, you can be stereotyped about bomb threats and satan just as much as any other goth!
I have 2 standard replies: "thats ignorant! scream "
and silence. ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:35 am
Rellik San
What do I think? I think a goth is a goth, a rocker is a rocker, a rapper is a rapper, ******** all this wigger/bloth bull s**t, you are what you are, there should be no distinction based on colour, creed or belief as social type is something completely autonomous from all that.

agreed.

I have a black friend that is kind of punk, and it's stupid what people say about her.
Who said that anyone listening to rock music is "white" and people who listen to Rap are "Black?"
I think it's just stupid what people say about eachother, like that you can't belong to a certain race if you listen to a certain kind of music.
As far as I'm concerned, there are plenty of white rappers and black rockers, And I don't see why the color of your skin should affect what you like to do.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:36 am
Based on the gothic stereotype of wearing all black, the black people have us white kids beat. xD

Anyway, who cares. You like what you like.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 am
MortSanglant
Based on the gothic stereotype of wearing all black, the black people have us white kids beat. xD

Yes we do have u beat! lmao jkjkjk
But, when i use to go to a "white" school my freshman and s'more (lol) year and i would dress goth, they would label me freak of nature because i didn't hang out with the "black ppl" group nor did i hang with all the "pale-skin wanna be goths" (as many ppl called them) I just hung with who would accept me...and even those ppl had stereotypes to cast at me. stare It was hard, until i transfered to a public "black and Hispanic" school in the city area where i was accepted. There were black,white, Hispanic, Asian and middle eastern goths all rolled up and talkin to everyone! So now I'm less stereotyped...yet i do get the occasional weirdo looks but they've gotten use to me xd
The only one who won't accept me is my own guardian...now thats a war that i can't wait for to be over... stare  

babykitty18

Vampiric_will

Popular Vampire

20,140 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 am
I was raised to think that everyone is equal. I would treat you good. I'm not a bad person.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 am
Vampiric_will
I was raised to think that everyone is equal. I would treat you good. I'm not a bad person.
*Childish voice* Someones trying to get into her panties. razz  

Rellik San
Crew

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:20 pm
I don't see why race should be at all a problem when it comes to being gothy or not. I have yet to go clubbing, so my interactions with the local goth population are fairly limited, but I'm well aware that non-white goths do make up a decent portion of the local goth population. I've seen plenty of black, hispanic, and asian goths over the years. 3nodding

I just don't see why race is really all that important. It is just somthing superficial, and has no real bearing on who we are as people.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:13 pm
my advice on these idiots is the same i have for all goths who get s**t. "******** you this is who i am"  

Gaylord Mule 3

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:40 pm
Rellik San
Agreed! 3nodding cool  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:01 pm
I kind of find it funny when people think that rock is "white people music", and that subcultures are made entirely of "white suburban kids".
Funny, yet sad.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

TimelessAngel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:18 pm
i remeber when i told my mom that I was goth. Her reply: "You're just trying to copy you're friends." She had pretty much told me that I was a wannabe. I use to think so too, but my mentality says different. I enjoy wearing black, I love collars (hope to make my own on collar factory.com), and would wear spiked cuffs if I didn't work with kids. I like rock, I just to listen to it as often (including my other music) as I use to. She's accepted that now, and often teases me (in a good way) about my dark preferences.

Now that I think about it, all of my friends are goth. My best friend/sister(white) is goth, and even my sister in law (black and mexican) paints her nails black.

If people don't like the fact that I'm african america and that I'm goth, then they'll get over it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:07 am
babykitty18
MortSanglant

But, when i use to go to a "white" school my freshman and s'more (lol) year and i would dress goth, they would label me freak of nature because i didn't hang out with the "black ppl" group nor did i hang with all the "pale-skin wanna be goths" (as many ppl called them) I just hung with who would accept me...and even those ppl had stereotypes to cast at me. stare It was hard, until i transfered to a public "black and Hispanic" school in the city area where i was accepted. There were black,white, Hispanic, Asian and middle eastern goths all rolled up and talkin to everyone! So now I'm less stereotyped...yet i do get the occasional weirdo looks but they've gotten use to me xd
The only one who won't accept me is my own guardian...now thats a war that i can't wait for to be over... stare

we all have the issue with the parental units. i moved out.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:09 am
Lazarus The Resurected
babykitty18
MortSanglant

we all have the issue with the parental units. i moved out.

I don't, I get on with my parents just fine.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff