Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read Everlost?
  Yes!
  I've read halfway through it.
  Ever-what?
  Nope. But I've heard of it.
  No, but it sounds interesting so I'll check it out.
View Results

hikari_angel02

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:24 am
(I hope there's not a topic on this already)
So I was at the book fair and I picked up this book because it sounded pretty interesting...but a little morbid. XD Well the storyline in general sort of is because a lot of it revolves around death, but believe me, it's a good book. I'll type the back side of it on here:

Nick and Allie don't survive the car accident, but their souls don't exactly get where they're supposed to go either. Instead, they're caught halfway between life and death, in a sort of limbo known as Everlost: a shadow of the living world, filled with all the things that no longer exist. It's a magical, yet dangerous place where bands of children run wild and anyone who stands in the same place too long sinks to the center of the Earth.

When they find Mary, the self-proclaimed queen of lost children, Nick feels like he's found a home but Allie isn't satisfied spending eternity between worlds. Against all warnings, Allie begins to learn the "Criminal Art" of haunting, and ventures into dangerous territory, where a monstar called the McGill threatens all the souls in Everlost.

In this imaginative novel, Neal Shusterman explores questions of life, death and just what may lie in between.

Wow. That took a while to type. Anyway, it's a really interesting book...I couldn't put it down quite a while....until my parents yelled at me to go to bed, specifically. I know the storyline sounds sort of creepy at first, but believe me, it's a great novel.

If you've read it with me PM me if you'd like to discuss it. I like discussing books I've read so...yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 am
I've never read it, or even heard of it.
But i don't judge books until ive read them!!
So, is it worth it for me to go out and buy it??  

Quilue Lamia

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:31 am
hikari_angel02
(I hope there's not a topic on this already)

I'm sorry, this is going to be a completely pointless post, and I apologize in advance.

gonk No thread should be started out like this anymore!

There's a guild directory, it has a listing of all the threads in the guild. Just use Ctrl+F to see if a series/author is there. I updated it yesterday, everything's in there.

Seriously, now. I spent like four hours on the stupid directory. It's stickied and everything. Why does no one use it?

Again, sorry. This isn't really directed at you, specifically. I'm just frustrated, is all. n.n"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:39 pm
I used the Directory! As you can probably tell by me posting on threads that haven't been used in a while. :O

As for this book, never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. The author's name sounds familiar. I'll have to google him. biggrin  

Wissakins

hikari_angel02

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 am
Quilue Lamia
I've never read it, or even heard of it.
But i don't judge books until ive read them!!
So, is it worth it for me to go out and buy it??

I think it is...I loved it. :3  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff