Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I don't understand...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shady Business

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:26 pm
Yesterday I weighed 115lbs. Today at the same time, I weigh 117lbs, yet I did nothing differently except exercise more. My calorie intake is the same. I've tried reducing it, but nothing happens. I just fluctuate between those two numbers. I exercise every day on my own, and I do karate once a week and I horseback ride (I jump, it's serious exercise) two or three times a week. Any tips on losing more weight when you're down to smaller numbers?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:33 pm
People fluctuate a fair amount day by day. This is why people will say not to weigh yourself everday, but rather every week or so- the everyday variation gets in the way of seeing what is really happening. Personally, i can vary anywhere between 100g to 2kg in a day. So I'd be a fool to weigh myself every day xd

How tall are you? 117 pounds is roughly 53 kg which might be a healthy and maintainable weight, which is why you arent loosing any more- you dont have lots of fat to burn any more. But if you do still want to lose weight, maybe you should start taking different measurements, like waist and thigh diameters, to see if you're changing without changing weight. Exercise will still shape and tone your body, but you will probably also put on muscle, which weighs more than fat anyway. So you might be becoming more healthy and looking better, but not notice because you are measuring it in the wrong way  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm
The more you exercise sometimes you'll gain weight because you're gaining muscle.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:25 am
Iconised Ghost
People fluctuate a fair amount day by day. This is why people will say not to weigh yourself everday, but rather every week or so- the everyday variation gets in the way of seeing what is really happening. Personally, i can vary anywhere between 100g to 2kg in a day. So I'd be a fool to weigh myself every day xd

How tall are you? 117 pounds is roughly 53 kg which might be a healthy and maintainable weight, which is why you arent loosing any more- you dont have lots of fat to burn any more. But if you do still want to lose weight, maybe you should start taking different measurements, like waist and thigh diameters, to see if you're changing without changing weight. Exercise will still shape and tone your body, but you will probably also put on muscle, which weighs more than fat anyway. So you might be becoming more healthy and looking better, but not notice because you are measuring it in the wrong way

You're right, I think I am changing. I went shopping yesterday and I'm a jeans size less than I was a month or so ago. And my weight of 115 is consistent.

I'm 5'2''. That sounds reasonable. Do you think I should get my percent body fat checked? I'm trying to lose more weight because I'm almost applying for colleges. One of my career choices is a racing jockey, and to apply to a racing academy I have to be less than 114lbs.  

Shady Business

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:10 pm
Shady Business
Iconised Ghost

You're right, I think I am changing. I went shopping yesterday and I'm a jeans size less than I was a month or so ago. And my weight of 115 is consistent.

I'm 5'2''. That sounds reasonable. Do you think I should get my percent body fat checked? I'm trying to lose more weight because I'm almost applying for colleges. One of my career choices is a racing jockey, and to apply to a racing academy I have to be less than 114lbs.

You could have your percent body fat checked, it would probably be a more accurate rating of your health than weighing yourself 3nodding 115 pounds sounds healthy to me for your heught (but im no expert lol), but if you need to lose one more pound or so then you need to loose weight without increasing muscle i think >.< which sounds hard to do healthily. You'd probably want to talk to the racing academy and see what they suggest  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:43 am
It's normal to go up and down 2-3 pounds in a day. It's nothing you did wrong. This is why people generally pick a time to weigh themselves and stick with that time in order to get an accurate weight loss reading  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

contemptus saeculi

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:48 pm
Also, women tend to fluctuate in weight because of hormones and water retention.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:56 am
god damn that water retention gonk  

Iconised Ghost

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games