Reply The Music Artists Guild
Giving up one, to focus on the other

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pianoangie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 pm
I've been fighting with many choices relating to giving up something in order to focus on something else. One of my main battles involves deciding whether I should or should not stop taking clarinet lessons in order to focus on piano more.

I write my own songs on piano and would like to start writing lyrics. I write poetry too, which I'm not sure if I could use some of them for lyrics or themes of songs someday. I like clarinet, but I do not have any desire for pursuing it after college. However, I will have to play clarinet for now (with or without lessons) because I get scholarships for being involved in band and pep band at my college. So, I will have to play clarinet, but I do not have to take lessons.

Okay, this sounds like I answered my own qusetion about getting rid of lessons, but I was wondering about the others. Should I consider qutting band and pep band for good? Losing these scholarships? I'm really worried that I will be able to do anything wonderful with my piano songs. I've had so much support from friends to pursue my dream of becoming a recording artist (singing w/piano or playing piano w/0 singing).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 pm
i have a problem like that aswell...once i finish high school i'll have to pick either my trumpet or claranet...i still don't know what to choose and i have 3 months  

Dojigomiru

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff