Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Madd's sketch book, I NEED HELP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 pm
Hi I'm a fifteen year old artist, but I am in need of some major help. Please critique my work.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 am
First off try to have more confident line work, it will help your lines scan cleaner. From the looks of it,I would say your character's head is squished, it should be a little taller so add a little more hair or forehead. Your ears seem to come out from different spots on the head so try and watch that as you layout your idea. Your foreshortening on the hand is pretty good, but you might find it will pop out more if it curves in at the wrist then the palm of the hand should just come over it. Finally look into what causes folds in clothing, there should be more at the armpit, but adding some to help with the perspective on the arm works well. Keep it up mrgreen  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

blackmoondrops

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:54 pm
Another thing you can do to make it so that your lines are more visible is, if you have a program like photoshop, you can go under the options and increase the contrast. A little bit of a cheat way to do it, but it does help.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:19 pm
On the ears, the thing to keep in mind is that animal ears aren't just slapped on the head, it connects with the body. And for peoples' ears, obviously it connects at the sides. When you attach the cat ears to a human head meet somewhere in the middle anatomy-wise.

Also, the eyes are too close togethor and really take up too much room on the head.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lindzeh-Lou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:05 pm
The drawing is very cute ^_^ and the hands are excellent...very bold to do that pose. The main thing I would work on is the head shape and how you fit the hair and ears onto the head (they don't lay flat/plastered right on the skull).

Here are some tutorials that may help you:
http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/head/hair/index.html
http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/~japanime/tutorial/hairmain.html  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas