Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:06 am
I wish for everyone to post knowledge about tea, and recipies here. Everyone loves tea, and cannot deny it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:43 am
Hehe, I know a certain person that'll enjoy this thread ^_^

Ahem, tea is yummy. Tea leaves are always better to use than the bags, you wont even realise unil you taste the difference for yourself.

Tea is a rose biggrin  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 am
patch99329

Tea is a rose biggrin
Camellia actually.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:28 am
MagickSlushii
I wish for everyone to post knowledge about tea, and recipies here. Everyone loves tea, and cannot deny it. ^_^
I know a few people who adore me, but I cannot say that everyone loves me.

I was born in the Pacific NW, I moved around in my youth due to my father's military career. I am married and my husband and I are working on starting a family, buying a home and starting a new business...

Is there anything in particular you would like to know about?  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:33 pm
TeaDidikai
MagickSlushii
I know a few people who adore me, but I cannot say that everyone loves me.

I was born in the Pacific NW, I moved around in my youth due to my father's military career. I am married and my husband and I are working on starting a family, buying a home and starting a new business...

Is there anything in particular you would like to know about?

*bum bum tisk*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:14 pm
patch99329

*bum bum tisk*
It was just a matter of time and everyone knew it.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:31 pm
lol....I think she ment the drink Tea... xd My fave is mint tea.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:45 pm
Neko_Bast
xd My fave is mint tea.
Which isn't tea. It's a tsaine.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:04 pm
So- there is one plant known as tea with a number of varietals and six colors of tea.

Camellia Sinesis is the plant, anything that isn't Camellia Sinesis is known as a tsaine, and is not tea.

The colors are as follows:

White
Green
Blue-Green
Red
Black
Pu'erh

White tea is non-oxidized tea.
Green is lightly oxidized, steamed then dried.
Blue Green, also known as oolongs, are oxidized more, then dried.
Red teas are what English speakers call "Black Teas" because English speaking countries tend to title their tea after the color of the leaves whereas the Asian countries tend to title their teas after the liqueur.
Black teas are highly oxidized to the point of also being known as "bitter teas" or Tonic Tea.
Pu'erh is a fermented tea. While for ages people called the oxidization process "fermentation", as it doesn't use micro organisms to break down the leaves, it isn't truly a "fermentation" process.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:19 am
I like one of two types of red tea.
Standard plain unflavoured blended red tea. Robt Roberts do a lovely fair trade organic blend though if the local Dunnes don't have it, I'll settle for Barry's Gold Blend or some other domestic normal.
Earl Grey, preferably Twinings as they get the blend just right.

I'm not too big a fan of Green tea from teabags. I like it fine in the Wagamama's in town where it's made from leaves.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 am
I'm half tempted to abstain from this thread because every other post inspires off topic escapades.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:14 pm
Love teas and herbal/fruit tsaines.

I'm drinking a cup of Earl Grey right now.

At my house we grow a good number of herbs and flowers that we often dry up and make tsaines from.

Fennel, Chamomile, Peppermint, Lavender, and Rose hips are my favorites herbs to make tsaines with.

And where does Yerba Mate fit in the tea/tsaine picture? Tsaine?  

Astrox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:52 pm
It's a tsaine.

Unless it's camellia sinesis it's a tsaine.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:37 pm
TeaDidikai
So- there is one plant known as tea with a number of varietals and six colors of tea.

Camellia Sinesis is the plant, anything that isn't Camellia Sinesis is known as a tsaine, and is not tea.

The colors are as follows:

White
Green
Blue-Green
Red
Black
Pu'erh

White tea is non-oxidized tea.
Green is lightly oxidized, steamed then dried.
Blue Green, also known as oolongs, are oxidized more, then dried.
Red teas are what English speakers call "Black Teas" because English speaking countries tend to title their tea after the color of the leaves whereas the Asian countries tend to title their teas after the liqueur.
Black teas are highly oxidized to the point of also being known as "bitter teas" or Tonic Tea.
Pu'erh is a fermented tea. While for ages people called the oxidization process "fermentation", as it doesn't use micro organisms to break down the leaves, it isn't truly a "fermentation" process.

I was just wondering where chai fits into all of this. I know there is red chai tea and black chai tea, do they follow your tea catergories as well (I ask mostly because the red teas are considered "black teas" by English speaking countries so I thought it might have muddled up chai differing chais too)?  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:01 pm
I wish we had...tea...But unfortunately, I have Lipton tea, which isn't tea to me...My mom buys it all of the time. -_-  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff