Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Extremely easy recipes for the helpless.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlurk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:09 pm
Please help me out here. ^_^; I want to be healthy *so* badly. Not thin! Just healthy. But I'm afraid of cooking, I don't really know why. So I end up eating a lot of fast food and premade meals that are horrible for me.

I have 3 cookbooks, one is a "beginner" cookbook but I've yet to cook anything from them because even in the beginner cookbook the recipes are too hard for me. I can't ask the creator, "Wait, I don't like that ingredient, will the recipe go bad if I don't include it?" "Dice... what does dice mean?"

So, does anyone have any *easy* recipes for the cooking impaired? And if you do could you stand me asking ten questions per step?

I'm a picky eater also! I mean, I can stand to eat things I don't like but some things make me sick, so before you post a recipe please note the following:

Things I try to avoid:
MSG/ "Spices"
Aspartame/Splenda
High Fructose Corn Syrup

Vegetables/Fruit:
Onions (One kind of onion makes me sick and I don't know what kind it is so I avoid them in general anymore)
Tomatoes (I like tomato soup and ketchup though ^_^; )
Celery (I'm not sure why)
Apples

I hope I didn't come off as rude here ;_; I just see people posting recipes and I need help.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:14 am
I can help, but it may be difficult. Here's a little assistance right away:

http://startcooking.com/ and especially

http://startcooking.com/blog/64/How-to-Mince--Dice-and-Chop-Onions

It's talking about onions, but the terms mince, dice, and chop mean the same thing whether you're talking about onions, cabbages, pears, carrots, or anything. It's the size of the cut that's being discussed. If you keep reading the lessons on that webpage, you'll learn a lot about the basics of cooking. Also, if you're in school right now, I highly recommend taking a home ec class (beginning). That helped me immeasurably, though at the time I hated the idea.

Think of something that looks simple, and that you'd enjoy eating. Do you like scrambled eggs? Grilled cheese sandwiches? Salads? Let me know, just one recipe, and I'll take you through it in simple, easy steps, as well as I possibly can.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Starlurk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:49 am
Thank you so much!

I <3 grilled cheese.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 pm
well im not a very good cook myself, but if you put up a recipe from your basic cooking book and the questions you have i might be able to help you figure them out ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

Starlurk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:28 pm
Oh that'd be cool! Thank you :3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 am
not a problem mrgreen 2 heads are better than one ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

Irkutsk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:55 pm

Dice means to cut into cubes.
Watch Food Network; it helps alot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:25 pm
That's actually a really good idea. It'll just make me really hungry XD

I talked to my mom today and she told me to take a cooking course this coming May. Yay!  

Starlurk

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games