Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Toy industry chauvinism. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuck.
  ...I don't see the problem...
  I don't really have an opinion on this.
  Now where did I put that baseball bat...?
View Results

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:13 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

First we got the Bratz
... and now, Playmate Toys introduces to us, WHORESES.
I hope their little TV Spot never, EVER airs.
This is just repulsive.
Whoever came up with this bullshit should be shot repeatedly until dead, then revived and fed through a meat tenderizer.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:12 am
...Are they SERIOUS??? 0_o

Jori-Ness

Lenre Li
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 pm
... How about that 'Little Miss Bimbo' site? xp Have you guys seen articles/shows on that site... it's... disgusting.

<.< >.>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:49 pm
thats interestings  

protecterofelements

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:49 pm
Lenre Li
... How about that 'Little Miss Bimbo' site? xp Have you guys seen articles/shows on that site... it's... disgusting.

<.< >.>
Rulin' ya universes...

Urgh... I'm thinking of getting an account and making a really dorky, nerdy and NORMAL-LOOKING bimbo.
I still don't really know if they are serious of it it's just a spoof...?
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:29 am
I remember the guys [yes, guys] that created the website say that it's just... 'simulating real life'...

Um. Yeah.

I'd never touch that site with a fifty foot pole. stare

Lenre Li
Crew

Honourable123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:49 pm
I'm beginning to pity little girls. gonk Those are awful. I really don't see why children like dolls; what's the appeal? I had Barbies once... I threw them down stairs, out windows and... well, I just basically tortured them and made them suffer. sweatdrop I really hated how impossibly perfect they were. scream Is it really possible for someone to be that skinny, yet still almost have curves? I think I kinda strayed from the subject of conversation, then... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:25 am
Mayor Spoon
I'm beginning to pity little girls. gonk Those are awful. I really don't see why children like dolls; what's the appeal? I had Barbies once... I threw them down stairs, out windows and... well, I just basically tortured them and made them suffer. sweatdrop I really hated how impossibly perfect they were. scream Is it really possible for someone to be that skinny, yet still almost have curves? I think I kinda strayed from the subject of conversation, then... sweatdrop
Rulin' ya universes...

I know! D; I was in the toy store today [/dork] and there were these skimpily clad bratz christmas dolls... It was so freaky. I mean, some of the stuff is nice, the ball gowns and the christmas snowflake gown, but most of the other stuff they put those dolls in makes them look like prostitutes! I had to go ogle the cute MLPs to feel better xD heart

Another toy industry thing that bothers me is the kiddy makeup. I mean, sure, I don't have a problem with makeup because it's pretty normal and body painting is a natural human instinct etc. but if they make makeup for kids, could they make it...well? I mean that stuff must have tons of creepy chemicals in it! And kids have really sensitive skin D;
...since 1992.

User_2629207

smileontheedge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:11 am
I went through a Barbie phase when I was little but stopped. Now, I look around they have those Bratz dolls and I can't help but turn my nose up. I mean what do the toy makers of this world want of the little girls? To be all sluts? I mean really come on? What's wrong with a normal size doll, or even a heavy sized one who's not so pretty and dare I say it: tomboyish! *gasp* I'd buy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:33 am
Bratz Dolls look like they have botox lips. xD It's hilarious.

But really, why would you want to buy a doll that's called a brat? Isn't that a negative term?

And those ponies, ZOMG! What happened to the cute, innocent My Little Pony dolls? I used to love those!

They have human model legs, for goodness' sake! D:

I used to love Barbie. Back when I was under 10. I still like to see the Princess ones from all over the world because some of their gowns are really pretty.

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

teddytoles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 pm
I used to have Barbies, I always smashed them with my monster truck. Half of the new toys out there are stupid and they are not good for kids. Bratz and Bratz babies really tick me off from how much they say to little kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 pm
You talk about how bad the toy industry is today, but.. when I was younger, I had a schoolteacher Barbie, and one of the prerecorded messages she said? "Math is hard for girls!" o_o;  

Skizzors
Crew

kyoshiro elric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:43 pm
i really do hate those barbies and bratz dolls. look at the freakin name! "brat" being a "brat" was never a good thing! because of this and media girls and women have become lowest of the low trying to keep up some fake hollywood image. it's sickening how ppl are so afraid to be themselves nowadays. evil  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:23 am
Skizzors
You talk about how bad the toy industry is today, but.. when I was younger, I had a schoolteacher Barbie, and one of the prerecorded messages she said? "Math is hard for girls!" o_o;
Rulin' ya universes...

PFFFFWHA!?
That's sexism right there! scream
Yuck.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Scatterheart

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:05 am
Skizzors

... gonk

My niece loves those stupid Bratz, and it's very disappointing.
Guess my hopes for the future intelligence of the human race go with my nephew instead.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff