Just because I'm different.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:46 am
Today a 15 year old boy was charged with a murder of a teenage girl. Her and her boyfriend were goths, and were attacked by a gang of 15 year olds when out in a park at midnight. The murderer confessed that he killed her because she was a goth. They attacked her boyfriend, and when he became unconscious she moved over him to protect him. They beat her until she died, her face couldn't even be recognised as being male or female because she was beat so badly. The parents of the 15 year old murderer laughed when he appeared in court....

What do you think should be done to stop attacks like this?...people who are only 15 years old are now killing others just because they dress differently...it thoroughly disgusts me...

Also, have you ever been attacked or bullied because you look different? I've never been attacked but I have been bullied. What do you think should be done to stop it??  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 pm
I have been bullied before, I am the fat kid, now I'm fine but I hated High school.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:56 am
So did I. I used to pretend to be ill so I could stay off. I only had 2 friends, and one wasn't in most of my classes, and the other was ill in the last 2 years and didn't go into school often. I was part of a group of friends but none of them really liked me. We used to argue all the time but it wasalways me who took the blame for everything..none of them would take responsibility for anything, basically because they didn't like me and were happy not to have to speak to me when we fell out.

I used to get picked on cause of my name (my surname is the name of an animal and I've heard all the jokes you can think of related to it)..the music I listened to, the way I dressed, for being shy and quiet, for being ugly...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 am
Shadow__Dweller
So did I. I used to pretend to be ill so I could stay off. I only had 2 friends, and one wasn't in most of my classes, and the other was ill in the last 2 years and didn't go into school often. I was part of a group of friends but none of them really liked me. We used to argue all the time but it wasalways me who took the blame for everything..none of them would take responsibility for anything, basically because they didn't like me and were happy not to have to speak to me when we fell out.

I used to get picked on cause of my name (my surname is the name of an animal and I've heard all the jokes you can think of related to it)..the music I listened to, the way I dressed, for being shy and quiet, for being ugly...

i don't think your ugly. it in the side that counts and i still don't think your ugly smile whee  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 am
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
Shadow__Dweller

i don't think your ugly. it in the side that counts and i still don't think your ugly smile whee

Thanks Rose but you've not seen a photograph of me, have you?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:21 am
Shadow__Dweller
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
Shadow__Dweller

no but no madder what i not going to jugde you what you look like that a wrong thing to do.  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:56 am
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
Shadow__Dweller
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
Shadow__Dweller

no but no madder what i not going to jugde you what you look like that a wrong thing to do.

biggrin I wish more people thought the same thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:47 pm
sadly i dont believe that much can be done. people just want to hate other people because theyre different. i dont know why. i agree that it is horrible but i just dont know if we can reach those people and make them change their ways.  

itsalwaysbeentoolate

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:57 am
I agree...humans will always bully those who are different..because secretly they're scared of them, and need to feel that they are better and so pose no threat..therefore bullying makes them "above" those who are the victims.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:00 am
Humans destroy what they do not understand, and fear!

things like this should be punishable by death! and race crime should. i don't care id they are 10, 30, or 90 years old!!! rascism should not be tollerated in any way shape or form... and (like i sain in the death penalty thread) they should be killed as they killed theier victim! (or if they didn't kill their victim, then they should be tourtured or beaten as they did to that person, then killed!)  

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:24 am
minimishi

That's definately true. When people don't understand someone or something because it is different from themselves, they either destroy it or bully it, because it makes them feel less threatened by that which is different...or it just makes them feel better about themselves because they are not so "different".  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:44 pm
minimishi

things like this should be punishable by death! and race crime should. i don't care id they are 10, 30, or 90 years old!!! rascism should not be tollerated in any way shape or form... and (like i sain in the death penalty thread) they should be killed as they killed theier victim! (or if they didn't kill their victim, then they should be tourtured or beaten as they did to that person, then killed!)

I, however, don't believe that participating in a subculture should grant a person more protection under the law.
Such a thing would cause a (misguided) surge of people to try and be goth.

Don't get me wrong - assault and manslaughter are genuine concerns and I hope the ones who assaulted Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend were duly incarcerated.  

-Resurrected Writer-

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 am
-Resurrected Writer-
minimishi

I, however, don't believe that participating in a subculture should grant a person more protection under the law.

Don't get me wrong - assault and manslaughter are genuine concerns and I hope the ones who assaulted Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend were duly incarcerated.

That incident was terrible..the way you look is no reason to die...and it just shows how the youth of today is completely brainless stare  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:22 am
Shadow__Dweller
-Resurrected Writer-
minimishi

That incident was terrible..the way you look is no reason to die...and it just shows how the youth of today is completely brainless stare

Not just today, either. Especially with the whole "the way you look" bit.
Sorry if this sounds fatalistic, but it seems like no matter how much effort is put into lobbying for human rights, there will always be a (handful of) target group(s).  

-Resurrected Writer-

Storm Daughter

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:58 pm
Generally people that hate on other people is because they are not secure in their self esteem unless they feel a part of their "in group" (I swear it is a real psychological term). In oder to feel secure, they reject anyone that is not a member of the in group, (think religious fanatics, KKK, even rednecks). The only way they will stop hating is if they reevaluate their entire means of garnering self esteem and their identity.
The groups they hate can be altered, but not their penchant for hating.

Carry a gun.  
*Debaters Cavern*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces