Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Bloopers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna Savage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 pm
i know but after seeing Generations my mom and i noticed something Tuvok with out his EARS!!!!! and i do mean this in the very first part of it kirk is talking ot an ensign and if you look closely its Tuvok from Voyager  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:10 pm
Yeah, it WAS Tim Russ. Although I'm not sure if he played Tuvok or not. But he would have been an Ensign about then, because he served on the Excelsior with Sulu as a Lieutenant. They must've pulled from that for 'Flashback' - one of the Voy epis.

But it's not a blooper. Vulcans really do live that long. Matter of fact, Tuvok was only 80-something when he served with Sulu, I think. Or maybe he was 80-something when he returned to Starfleet...which would make him about 40ish on the Excelsior. I don't remember...damn, I've gotta read Pathways again....  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:40 pm
In "The Gift" Janeway found out that it was Tuvok's birthday and said something along the lines of "so you're almost at the big three digits hum?"

So in Voyager he wasn't yet 100. You were right, Tim Russ does play Tuvok. He did a brilliant job.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:43 pm
yeah but if you look closely in the movie he doesn't have the vulcan ears and he should trust me watch it again and look at his ears there are no vlucan ears on him  

Luna Savage

Swivils

8,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:41 am
In bloopers from the Next Generation, I noticed they say the s**t alot in them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:26 pm
In Generations, Tim Russ had a cameo, true, but not as Tuvok. I believe his character was listed as "*something* Lieutenant". I can't remember if there was an adjective to describe it.  

Miral Paris

Luxoflax

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:05 am
The IMDB has Tim Russ' character listed only as "Enterprise-B Tactical Lieutenant."

Who knows, maybe Tuvok was going undercover that day, we know he has done it before wink  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 pm
Tim Russ was one of several actors who played multiple roles.
He also appeared in NextGen in the episode when thieves tried to steal
trilithium from the Enterprise while it was drydocked, and Picard had to
play "action hero" to stop them.  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

darkloadguitar

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:43 am
There are a lot more bloopers in TOS, for instance in "The Naked Time". When Scotty's trying to cut into Engineering, he uses a device that produces sparks on a wall, but there's no beam. Whoever was running special effects forgot to paint it in. That was fixed in the Remastered version though I've not seen any of those.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:26 pm
Luna Savage
i know but after seeing Generations my mom and i noticed something Tuvok with out his EARS!!!!! and i do mean this in the very first part of it kirk is talking ot an ensign and if you look closely its Tuvok from Voyager

Same actor, different character. I noticed that too so I looked it up.  

89108LV

89108LV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:30 pm
YoukaiLuvr
Yeah, it WAS Tim Russ. Although I'm not sure if he played Tuvok or not. But he would have been an Ensign about then, because he served on the Excelsior with Sulu as a Lieutenant. They must've pulled from that for 'Flashback' - one of the Voy epis.

But it's not a blooper. Vulcans really do live that long. Matter of fact, Tuvok was only 80-something when he served with Sulu, I think. Or maybe he was 80-something when he returned to Starfleet...which would make him about 40ish on the Excelsior. I don't remember...damn, I've gotta read Pathways again....

As I recall, in the episode "Flashback," Tuvok mentioned that he was 26 at that point.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:19 pm
I've actually gone to Youtube and looked-up TOS bloopers:Lots of Shatner running into doors, a couple of screw-ups from the films. My favorite was intentional, but still funny. When Bones comes over to Spock (this is in The Journey Home, mind you) and says his whole "nobody's perfect" bit, Nimoy looked up as the doctor left, looked back down at his consol, then looked up one last time and muttered "oh yeah?". I was in stitches!
Here's the link:
Star Trek IV Bloopers  

Wizard Kittie

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:41 pm
Hehehe. I found so many of those YouTube bloopers in the past few months. There are several for TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. (The Enterprise bloopers are pretty lame.) The ones for TOS and TNG mainly consist of various officers walking into doors, while the DS9 and Voyager mishaps were actors forgetting their lines and screwing up the scenes on purpose.

Remember the one with Janeway and Chakotay?

Chakotay: If you're gonna emit that tachyon beam - burst - ship it on down to the ship and we'll ship it out of here.
Janeway: Here goes.

Or something like that. (And then they both start laughing.)

And then there was Tuvok:

"Man, I ain't goin' in there!"

I think my friends had to wipe me off the floor after I melted my insides laughing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:55 pm
Miral Paris
Hehehe. I found so many of those YouTube bloopers in the past few months. There are several for TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. (The Enterprise bloopers are pretty lame.) The ones for TOS and TNG mainly consist of various officers walking into doors, while the DS9 and Voyager mishaps were actors forgetting their lines and screwing up the scenes on purpose.

Remember the one with Janeway and Chakotay?

Chakotay: If you're gonna emit that tachyon beam - burst - ship it on down to the ship and we'll ship it out of here.
Janeway: Here goes.

Or something like that. (And then they both start laughing.)

And then there was Tuvok:

"Man, I ain't goin' in there!"

I think my friends had to wipe me off the floor after I melted my insides laughing.

Haha, sounds a lot like me!  

Wizard Kittie

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces