Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Are all gay men "hot"? O.o Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jennycat_007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 pm
I mean seriously o.o Even my own mother says it. In fact I cannot tell you how many times there's been a situation where I'm somewhere with my mom and i go "oh look mom. >: D that guy's so cu-" "gay v.v" "wait, what?" "he's gay" "how do you know that? You've just seen the guy for the first time" "mhm.. whatever. Don't believe me -.-"
-----------
I have noticed that many gay guys are what you would find hot (but then again that's what makes yaoi so much more "attractive" whee 3nodding ) but there are exeptions, right? Where did this whole concept that ussualy a gay guy is cute, start? Even though I'm all for yaoi, guys have to stop hogging all the cute men! scream heh nah jk. As long as yaoi exits I'm satisfied lol wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:13 pm
There is no truth in that statement whatsoever. Guys are guys. Some are cute/hot, some are fugly, some are straight, some are gay. There is NO direct correlation -- sure, the stereotypically gay guys are the "femme" types with skinny but healthy bodies who take care of their hair.. but they don't even begin to crack the surface of all the types of guys represented by homosexuals.

The ONLY defining factor for someone to be gay is if they like the same gender.. that's it. They don't have to be hot, and the idea that a gay guy automatically IS hot is more than likely born of unrealistic fangirl fantasies.  

Skizzors
Crew

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:17 pm
I'd also like to add that yaoi/slash is idealized gay relationships made for the enjoyment of mostly woman (not that boys don't enjoy it too).

In other words, Yaoi =/= Gay. Yaoi does not equal Gay, so you can't say 'they're Yaoi'. If you ever look up 'Gay' cartoons? Drawn for men? You'll find a totally different set of styles that look nothing like our own. Infact a good majority of gay men aren't even 'femmy', though some do 'flame' more than a straight man. It's usually only the 'femmy' ones that standout enough for us to notice without them telling us they're gay. Thus people think a great majority of gays must be femmy.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:02 pm
We’re the regulators that de-regulate

xD My friend Chelsea does that too. She has amazing gay-dar. I'd be pointing out a prospect for her next boyfriend and she's like, "Nah, he's gay."

We’re the animators that de-animate

Drakie Cakie
Crew

gothicbuddy

Omnipresent Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:23 pm
i'm no were near the stereotypical gay male i'm very large guy with shaggy hair and a pretty deep voice and i'm just as much as immature, lazy and masculine as every guy  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:23 am
Not necessary. Although it is up to the guy to take care of his looks and appearance.

thus reminds me of my friend's sister. whenever she wants to do something bold and out of nature, like say, wear leather and has a boyish haircut, her mother will go 'you do that and the whole neighbors will say you are a lesbian!'
poor thing, sad

*gaze at gothicbuddy's pic* wow. nice horns razz  

Michei

Jinna-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:35 am
MICHEI!!!! *glomps you* missed your chat yd.

*stand next to you and gaze at gothicbuddy's pic* nice horns indeed wink  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 am
I personally don't think it's how they look that makes them super cute...

It's how they act! They have that cute girly voice (in most cases) and they're so cute and peppy! (*points at Danny Ortiega via American Idol)

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

gothicbuddy

Omnipresent Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:55 am
on a sidenote those horns are clay on a string and not a photo edit ;;>> *looks at them hanging on his shelve across the room* good times, good times twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:18 am
i find some of them hot some not it all depends  

protecterofelements

Jennycat_007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:04 pm
-Ab[i]-
I personally don't think it's how they look that makes them super cute...

It's how they act! They have that cute girly voice (in most cases) and they're so cute and peppy! (*points at Danny Ortiega via American Idol)

That too. I guess the whole concept of being cute cause you're gay probobly was invented by stereo types. Makes you wonder what's going to happen if you let people like that rule the society O.o  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:51 pm
I think the assumption comes from the stereotype that all gay guys are super concious about how they look, which isn't always true. But I have known quite a few gay guys who I thought were cute, but that's just my personal experience.  

Katastrophic_Kate

Zirolyte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:09 pm
ah.. it seems to be that way sometimes =[  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm
"Why do all the cute guys in the world have to be straight?" xp

I can't remember where I heard that; probably from "Queer as Folk" or something like that.  

Kuo51

Naokiru Michiyuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm
I don't think all gay men are hot... it's like saying all straight guys are ugly. xD so yeah, guys are guys, but sometimes, it's true =.=. My eye candies are mostly gay ! whee  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff