Reply The L Guild Forum
Gotta Say This... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kill Memory Now?
  Yes, she insulted L!
  No, she's just neurotic over stupid things...and she still loves manga L.
  Yes, because I like to kill things. :]
  Memory overreacts to everything...
View Results

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:23 pm
I have to say this, or I'll probably explode...
L bugs the hell out of me in the anime!!! -cries-

I think it might be his voice, because when he talks I want to put my foot through the TV. I can pick up this little condescending note in his voice that makes me want to scream! That attitude of superiority just makes me want to throttle him. The worst part is that I think it could just be in my mind, too.
Oh! And sometimes, there are little bits of emotion in his voice that don't fit his facial expression...or lack thereof.
And sometimes, they'll leave out an important line or just completely butcher it...

Maybe it's the way the draw his eyes or his chin in some shots, because those inconsistencies in his face from manga to anime make me want to put my foot through the TV. They make his face all pointy and just...misshapen! And his eyes have the little grey-blue rim of iris around the pupil. Can't they just make the iris black?! It looks so much better...

Whatever it is, I do not like L in the anime at all. Maybe I'm just being neurotic over stupid stuff...

You can all write my name down now... -_-"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:32 pm
I don't really think there's that much of a problem with animu L. D:

Cytomander

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:03 pm
Manga L may be more cute, but anime L is still L.

I probably shouldn't be saying that since I'm the same way with Near. If you don't hear that supirior tone in his voice, then it's okay. :/ But I don't like Near to much either way anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:45 pm
I actually quite enjoy those strange tibits. Diferent people, different taste. xD

Is this your first time watching to anime? O:

Tea with Bubbly

SeraphicAssassin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:47 am
well, i haven't read the manga... rolleyes

but hey, it's what you think... i respect that. cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:39 am
I don't like it when he eats the way it sounds. The way he makes all those smacky slurpy noises and the way his voice sounds crying I just hate it,. When I listened to the japanese I didn't even notice so I think it's just the english VA...... I also don't like the color ring. It freaks me out, they should've just made it all black like in the manga. Near gets all black pupils with no color ring so why doesn't L crying ..... I still love him though....  

Elisabell-angel enraged

Tyler Jace Jacobs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:02 am
User Image

It takes some time to get used to L in the anime... sadly it takes more than 25 episodes... and after he's gone you want him back like you wouldn't believe when you see Light f*ing up the name of L.... sweatdrop

L, did you know Shinigami only eat apples?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:03 am
Elisabell-angel enraged
I don't like it when he eats the way it sounds. The way he makes all those smacky slurpy noises and the way his voice sounds crying I just hate it,. When I listened to the japanese I didn't even notice so I think it's just the english VA...... I also don't like the color ring. It freaks me out, they should've just made it all black like in the manga. Near gets all black pupils with no color ring so why doesn't L crying ..... I still love him though....
I think the japanese version had L just make NOMNOM sounds while eating. Not the loud noises the english one does that is distracting.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:20 am
Tea with Bubbly
I actually quite enjoy those strange tibits. Diferent people, different taste. xD

Is this your first time watching to anime? O:

No, I've actually been following the anime since adultswim first brought it out. I told myself I'd get used to it, but I just can't do it...
I've never seen the Japanese version, with the exception of ep 25.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:43 am
I dunno, I don't like him in the English anime so much, but that's just because i don't like his voice.

I love him in the Japanese anime, his voice is so much better in that.  

surgexmonkey
Captain

Pup Crazed Kiya

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm
His voice in English kinda bothers me.... L isnt that old =/

I personally love L because he's kind of like me, in the way we do things. For example right now i'm sitting the way he usually does.

Everyone has there right to an opinion smile So I won't be mad if you hate L or anything lol I think its pointless to be mad over someone's opinion, especally over something as simple as a feeling towrads an anime character.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:20 pm
Caption Kiya
L isnt that old

His voice actor is only four years older than him.

.__.

Cytomander

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:24 pm
I'm kind of used to his English voice. Sure, it's pretty different from his amazing Japanese voice, but a voice that's different makes things interesting. I wouldn't enjoy the show as much if the English dub voice was the exact same as the Japanese one. Why watch the English version at all then? So I don't really say which is better. I might say which I prefer, but neither is better than the other, really. *shrug*

And I don't know, but after watching a lot of Battlestar Galactica, his voice grows on you. Alessandro Juliani has a very nice voice, and he's funny too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:57 pm
Death Note is one of those series you have to really grow on. Especially with L and Light's voices. L's voice, I'm still getting used to it. I've made the comment to my friend that L actually sounds like he has emotions, which was never present in the Japanese version.

L's voice is something you really have to grow on, and it's even harder for someone, like most of us here, whose seen the series in Japanese and grown so used to his monotone voice there. I personally still havent grown used to his voice, but I think Alessandro's doing a fine job as L so far.

`McLaren

Cytomander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:10 pm
L Lawliet
Alessandro Juliani has a very nice voice

Seconding this. 8D;;

I don't mind his dub voice very much, at all~

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash