Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Roseland Ballroom/MAY 8th concert Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

going?
  Yeah
  nah
View Results

iSnuffles

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm going to go see Panic on May 9th at the Roseland Ballroom and I know quite a few of you guys do to. My tickets are General Admission, it'll be my second time seeing them. We'll try to be there two hours before it starts.

So I was wondering:

Who else is going? I'm not going to ask to meet you or do anything stalker-ish. My mom will be watching from the equivilent three "rows" back. Plus I'll be with my two friends.
Anyone know what the camera/audio/purse policy is for the Ballroom's venue? I'm recording the audio with my old and outdated phone. It want to bring my Flip, but I don't want it taken away. And I want to bring my digitial camera but I don't want it taken away either. I also want to use my Bass Guitar bag but it's got chains and is about a foot long. I'm I going to be allowed in with that stuff? I know people can't go in all the time because of that stuff... I will not let that happen.
What about my iPod? Seriously, it's an iPod. They won't take that away or not let me in because of it right? The other concerts I've been to were fine about it....
Any advice for first time in General Admission for a concert?

If you do go. You probably will figure out who I am. I'm most likely to talk to the people in front of me or behind me and my friends. So if you see a brunette with purplish/red dyed bangs wearing an old Panic (white w/lungs and lions) hoodie come say hi!

(forgive me if this doesn't count as being worthy enough to be in the thread)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:56 pm
Who else is going?

I'm not going to the May 9th show specifically, but I'm going to the May 20th show.

Anyone know what the camera/audio/purse policy is for the Ballroom's venue?

I don't suggest bringing a bag unless it's much smaller than a foot. Make sure it's tiny, and make sure you're comfortable showing big security dudes what is inside of it. Panic At The Disco allows people to bring digital cameras if it is smaller than 7 mgs and does not have a detachable lens. Zach (Panic's personal security gaurd) is suppose to tell each venue about what Panic wants with cameras. If they don't let you in because of the camera, tell them to talk to Zach. Your cell phone will not be taken away if you bring it. Just stick it in your pocket when they scan you.

What about my iPod?

I don't recommend bringing your iPod. Why would you want to bring it anyways? xD I mean, it could it stolen, or it could be dropped and crushed from stomping fan girls. I don't think they would take it away if you brought it, though.

Any advice for first time in General Admission for a concert?

- The pit is incredibly hot, but do not wear skimpy clothes (skirts, low cut shirts, etc). You will be harassed. Jeans and a t-shirt do a good job of keeping the creepy guys away.
- Be tough. As tough as you can. Show people who is the boss.
- Don't go in the pit expecting not to get pushed around. You will be pushed around. People will hit you. People will pull your hair. People will feel you up. It's just a part of it. Don't be shocked by it. I'm not trying to scare you, it's just the way it is.
- Be nice to everyone. Most people will be nice back. But if they arent, then you punch them.
- No, seriously. Punch them. Show them how it is.
- Don't go in front (first row) if you don't want to get an imprint of the baricade bruised on your stomach.
- If you get stuck in a mosh pit, then get out quick. But I doubt there will be a mosh pit because most of Panic's new album is pretty mellow.
- Just have fun. Scream. Sing. Dance. Don't spend too much time taking pictures or recording. Enjoy the moment for what it is. <3

heart

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

SingPaNiCDiScO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:03 pm
Wait.
There is no May 9th show at Roseland. May 8th and 7th are at Roseland and May 9th is at Festival Pier.
I'm going to May 7th at Roseland and May 9th at Festival Pier so say hello =)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:38 am
@Prime: Zach... so that's his name. Thanks a lot!
I really don't know why I even thought of bringing my iPod if I'm going to be in a mosh pit. Guess I had a brain fart. I did need it for the Fall Out Boy Honda Civic tour because they had three opening bands that... weren't my type of band. But oddly enough I started liking The Academy Is... later on.

I figured I'm going to get groped and abused going into the pit. [Hence my almighty combat boots will be on my feet to stomp and kick the assholes.] And at least it's more likely going to be people by age harassing me instead of the 30-50 year old drunks I have to deal with at the RenFaire.

I'm not camera savvy, what does 7 mgs stand for? It's a Canon camera, no detachable lense.

@Sing: It said Roseland Ballroom on my tickets. Whoops, I meant the 8th. May 9th is when I go see MCR. Heehee.

iSnuffles

Eloquent Gawker

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:47 am
Poly is pretty jealous. (..I mean: Pretty. Jealous. xp )  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:00 am
Awww. I'm sorry Poly.
Want to jump in my giant Bass Guitar bag and see if they let us in?

iSnuffles

Eloquent Gawker

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:06 am
iSnuffles
Awww. I'm sorry Poly.
Heckyes<33

xp domokun
It's okay though. Next time Panic is in Belgium.. I'm so there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:03 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
iSnuffles
Awww. I'm sorry Poly.
Heckyes<33

xp domokun
It's okay though. Next time Panic is in Belgium.. I'm so there.

Poly lives far away!
.... You're paying for airfare.

iSnuffles

Eloquent Gawker

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:21 pm
iSnuffles
@Prime: Zach... so that's his name. Thanks a lot!
I really don't know why I even thought of bringing my iPod if I'm going to be in a mosh pit. Guess I had a brain fart. I did need it for the Fall Out Boy Honda Civic tour because they had three opening bands that... weren't my type of band. But oddly enough I started liking The Academy Is... later on.

I figured I'm going to get groped and abused going into the pit. [Hence my almighty combat boots will be on my feet to stomp and kick the assholes.] And at least it's more likely going to be people by age harassing me instead of the 30-50 year old drunks I have to deal with at the RenFaire.

I'm not camera savvy, what does 7 mgs stand for? It's a Canon camera, no detachable lense.

@Sing: It said Roseland Ballroom on my tickets. Whoops, I meant the 8th. May 9th is when I go see MCR. Heehee.

If there isn't any detachable lens, then I doubt it's over 7 mgs. You should be fine. 3nodding I believe is stands for mega-gigs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:37 pm
Oh. Okay!
Yay I get to bootleg my favorite songs!

Thanks Prime

iSnuffles

Eloquent Gawker

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Wait.
I can't think right now.
And I. What's a detachable lense?
They're the kinds of lenses where you can change the lenses right?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:01 pm
takashi_sahoko

Wait.
I can't think right now.

I guess they are lense that are detachable? rofl
I don't know either x|

Panda Cheval

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:55 pm
Panda.Gal
takashi_sahoko

Wait.
I can't think right now.

I don't know either x|

rofl Seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:54 pm
takashi_sahoko
Panda.Gal
takashi_sahoko

Wait.
I can't think right now.

I don't know either x|

rofl Seriously.

Like Michael Jackson :]

Panda Cheval

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:15 pm
Panda.Gal
takashi_sahoko
Panda.Gal
takashi_sahoko

Wait.
I can't think right now.

I don't know either x|

rofl Seriously.

Like Michael Jackson :]

gonk Stop with the Micheal Jackson already! Please!
Well...
xp Never Ming

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas