Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
sad death of insterments

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you ever broken an insterment
  No Never...Whay would you even think that!
  ...well there was that one time...Oh there there was back in the day...
  ...i cant go a week with the same interment its so bad
View Results

Dojigomiru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:47 am
i play a wood clarinet in my high school band...well one of the buttons started to stick so my band teacher sent it away, so i had the spare (also wood) and after a few weeks of using it there was a crack down the side. turns out the band room is SO dry that our poor wood interments are shrinking. Any sad stories of breaking interments...i tend to do it alot so  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:11 pm
You ought to ask your Director to buy some Humidifiers for the room so that doesn't happen as often.  

Darikiel

moosiklady

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 am
Humidity/dryness can wreak havoc on wood instruments! One of my guitar's neck warped too badly to fix! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:57 pm
our school is sooo dry too...poor interments  

Dojigomiru

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:48 pm
I can't afford to, I have to constantly do maintainance on my shitty used guitars as it is. If I can ever afford a decent electric I might have a farewell show for my worn down jackson assuming it has no sentimental value. I probably wont though.

Put it to you this way, if i ever became rich I would buy first acts and squires as "disposable guitars". haha pete went's signature bass made me crack the ******** up, I'd burn it.

no i wouldn't I'd sell it cuz i'm poor

AAH! DILEMA!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:59 am
Eh,heh...I have broken my own before, but does breaking other people's instruments count as well? sweatdrop My flute has had a few broken springs here and there, nothing that Hanson's couldn't fix before, but then I had this loose screw, so it was replaced a couple times, then I was finally told that it would do no good because the screw was being stripped everytime because of teh part it's screwed into is whats stripping it. The tightness or looseness of the screw affects my overall tone (and whether or not certain notes will play at all), So I face the dilemma: is it possible to have that bar with some of the keys replaced entirely so it won't strip the next screw, or am I doomed to buy a new flute? (which I do NOT want to do....I'm too attatched to my current one)
This year we had a freshman in hs band who had a broken key at the end of her flute. I tore off a little piece of paper, rolled it into a ball and stuck it under the key to keep it propped up so the majority of her notes would come out right...but in the middle of a song it was coming up so she gave it to me and I was pushing it farther back under the key, when the wooden cork part of that key next to it (it's not a normal key over a hole, it's the lever on the endpiece of the flute) popped right off. I made a little scream and tried to pop it back on, but to no avail....I felt so bad, I broke someone else's flute (that was already going to get fixed because of that one key, but still...) So the freshman kept saying it was okay, and here I am going: "Sorry, sorry, sorry..." Buta s of now it's been fixed, so I feel better.

Spectrum_Rhapsody

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:08 am
i have never broken an interment beyond repair but the keys on my piano are chipped and the strings on my guitar are always braking. but my sister has. my dad used to collect old guitars acoustic and electric and he gave one to me and one to my sister. well she has a very messy room and her guitar was on the floor, and she stepped on it and broke its neck!!!!! i was mortified coz not only was it our fathers old guitar but he died not to long after that to. i cant play mine yet coz i don't kno how but it still isn't broken so i still keep it as a collectible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:11 am
i take excellent care of all my instruments  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:55 pm
I was using a clarinet (wood) for marching band because we ran out of plastic. Anyway long story short, it ended up breaking in half (the whole cork portion broke off).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:53 pm
I play guitar, piano, and make music on the computer... I've never broken any instruments... Ever...  

Fenpex

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 pm
Aww, that sucks about your instrument breaking.

I can't actually remember if I've ever broken one... But that probably means I haven't, thankfully!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:46 pm
I did not break my BASSOON, but i got I recieved it broken. The whisper key was tied with some kind of floss (eww[but I found out the floss wasn't used yet]). It was totally out of tune, and also, the Bb (B flat key was broken). The bassoon could not go lower than a low F, which was pretty sad. But the good thing is that it fit into a case that looks like a trumpet case. (Pretty cool)! smile  

pbninja123

2,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items