Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:41 pm
The old thread has gone away for some odd reason, I blame one of the mods. So here now, a new thread for movies.

Has anyone seen Sweeney Todd? It's a great movie, a little high on the singing though, but still great!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:13 pm
Haven't seen that yet, but I really want to. Dan in Real Life was also a very good movie. It was ruined slightly by the fact that I was there with a girl that I broke up with a few days later, but...oh well.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:32 pm
Didn't like it. Then again, I didn't even know what movie I was seeing untill I bought the ticket, and I didn't know it was a musical untill they started singing.

I heartily cursed those who drug me in. surprised ld grumpy man shaking fist icon:  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:27 pm
Sweeney Todd is a nice movie, but it made me thoroughly sick at the sight of that gore.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:41 pm
Caleidah
Haven't seen that yet, but I really want to. Dan in Real Life was also a very good movie. It was ruined slightly by the fact that I was there with a girl that I broke up with a few days later, but...oh well.

I saw Dan in Real Life recently, and I thought it was good, but I thought it would be heavier on the humor. Instead it turned out to be this odd twisted love story that really couldn't be more predictable.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:49 pm
Lt. Brookman
Sweeney Todd is a nice movie, but it made me thoroughly sick at the sight of that gore.

So Brookman's squeamish, eh? Never would have guessed that one.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Calas Typhon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:42 pm
Doomsday was surprisingly good. I was expecting some crap like UltraViolet or Aeon Flux.

But then again, I love Mad Max.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:40 am
Mac didn't even manage to sit through Saw one thru three in one sitting, he kept flinching and looking away whenever something good happened. It was my intention to find a breaking point with him, the point where he hurls chunks or passes out from nausea.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Mac didn't even manage to sit through Saw one thru three in one sitting, he kept flinching and looking away whenever something good happened. It was my intention to find a breaking point with him, the point where he hurls chunks or passes out from nausea.
Your girly giggling every time something horrible happened did not help much in making it easier for me to stomach.

Has anyone seen the quiet hits such as Juno and Superbad?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:12 pm
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne
Your girly giggling every time something horrible happened did not help much in making it easier for me to stomach.

Try Wrong Turn then Miss Kaori, should be along the lines of what you need. Though it has been a few years since I saw it....  

Ruric Torrune

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:42 pm
Ruric Torrune
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne

Try Wrong Turn then Miss Kaori, should be along the lines of what you need. Though it has been a few years since I saw it....
Sounds like a standard slasher, I'll keep an eye out for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:15 pm
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne

Superbad was Superfunny, and Juno was so-so on the laughs. Decent story, but I prepared to be humored more.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:35 pm
1) I wanna see Doomsday.

2) KIDS. ******** movie.

3) Superbad was awesome. I hear that Juno was a chick-flick though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 am
I wouldn't call Juno a comedy or such, but rather a mixed breed thing. A bit like the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, it was a dramatic-comedy, but not quite.

Same with Lost in Translation, now that was a great movie. And I'm saying that not just because of Scarlett Johansen being in her undies most of the time.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:41 pm
I can't wait for Iron Man to come out, that s**t looks sweet as hell.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff