Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Danni's Diet Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:47 pm
Starting:~200 pounds
Goal:180 pounds
Next Goal: 150 pounds
Ultimate Goal: 125 pounds

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know that my "Ultimate Goal" is higher then my BMI, but I don't care. I, personally, don't see the chart as being a reliable source to what my perticular weight should be. Plus, I love my curves, and never want to lose them. I just want to be healthier! ^_^

I am 20 years old
at 5 foot hieght.

Diet goals:
Get my Carb intake to 100grams a day
-hold it for one week
-hold it for two weeks
-hold it for three weeks

Eat lean protein

Eat about every 2 hours

Short term goals:
Lose 10 pounds COMPLETED!
Lose 20 pounds
Lose 30 pounds
Lose 40 pounds
Lose 50 pounds
Lose 60 pounds
Lose 70 pounds
Lose 75 pounds
Keep it off for a year

Rewards:
10lbs- New haircut
20lbs- New outfit (Including shoes)
30lbs- A weekend vacation
40lbs- New undergarments
50lbs- New bathing suit
60lbs- A day at the waterpark
70lbs- A day at the spa
75lbs- New, professional pictures
Keeping it off- An intirely new wardrobe

*** I am going to use this as more of a journal, then an eatting log. I hopped on the scale on Monday and it said that I was 195. ^_^****

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:49 pm
You don't need to cut out carbs to lose weight!
The average person needs about 250g of carbs, so only 100g a day might be aiming a bit low.

Carbs won't make you fat.

SIMPLE carbs, like white breads, non whole wheat pastas, white rice, definately are very bad for you, bit COMPLEX carbs are a healthy part of the human diet.

Your carbohydrates should come from whole grain bread, whole grain cereals and pastas, nuts, seeds, legumes (beans, lentil, etc) , fruits and vegetables.

Sorry if I seem a bit ranty, I have just seen some pretty bad stuff happen to low-carb-dieters X_X

If you do decide to cut a lot of carbs, make sure you are getting enough vitamin and fibre, and not just proteins. Protein loading on meats (even lean meats) can lead to high cholesterol and an increase in blood pressure.

Good luck! n_n
You can do it!  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:51 pm
Groovy Spleen
The average person needs about 250g of carbs, so only 100g a day might be aiming a bit low.

SIMPLE carbs, like white breads, non whole wheat pastas, white rice, definately are very bad for you, bit COMPLEX carbs are a healthy part of the human diet.

Your carbohydrates should come from whole grain bread, whole grain cereals and pastas, nuts, seeds, legumes (beans, lentil, etc) , fruits and vegetables.

Sorry if I seem a bit ranty, I have just seen some pretty bad stuff happen to low-carb-dieters X_X

I see! Thank you! ^_^

What happens to low-carb dieters?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:57 pm
alwyscrying240
Groovy Spleen

I see! Thank you! ^_^

What happens to low-carb dieters?

Lol!
You posted just as I was editing!

I know a lot of people who were on very low carb diets, and at first, yes they did lose a lot of weight. As soon as they started eating 'normally' again though, they gained it all back, and usually a lot more to boot! Not to mention that vegetables are FULL of complex carbs, so they were cutting out a great source of nutrients.

A lot of them tend to load up on meats as well, and eating too much meat is definately not healthy for your heart.

Complex carbs help give you energy, and are usually full of fibre, and leave you feeling fuller longer. The best way to watch carbs is to eat most of them in the morning, a few in the afternoon, and limit them at night, as they do take longer to digest (which is why you feel fuller longer!) and this will give you lots of energy throughout the day.

As long as you are eating complex carbs and not simple, you shouldn't be at too big a risk for carb-loading, unless you're eating like 4 cups of pasta or half a loaf of bread a day, lol.

I hope that helps n_n  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:12 pm
@Groovy Spleen: I have been thinking it over, and I think you are right. I dont want to put so much work into my carb count (And will switch to more whole grain.) Thank you! =]

So far, I have only been on this diet for a few days. And already I'm feeling better! Eventhough I haven't lost any weight, I don't feel bloated and my body feels healthier. I looked in the mirror today, and instead of seeing all of my flaws, I told myself how beautiful I am, and how good I look in this outfit! ^_^ I'm not lying to myself, I truely felt that way! I have been exercises every other day. I'm pretty out of shape, so a swift 45 minute walk gets me sweating. I have been eating slower, and have been listening to my stomache on when its hungry/full. I have also been switching my french fries with a salad. (WAY yummier then fries!)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Good work! Seeing yourself as what you want to see is just the best thing, I love the reflections in the gym at night, I can almost see myself at a proper weight!

Walking 45 minutes every other day is FANTASTIC! You'll meet your goal very soon.

I'm pretty much at the same base as you (I'm a lot heavier though. I'm at 215 now)  

Lady Schist

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:25 am
Monday morning weigh-in: 192 lbs

Woot!~ ^^
Last week, it was pretty easy to stay on track. A few times I could feel myself slipping into old habbits, but as soon as I caught myself, it was easy to correct. =]
I did walking for a few days, but on Friday I switched to spring cleaning instead. I worked up just as much sweat, and since I had to clean longer then I would of walked, it was like going to the gym and having the bathroom scrubed! lol.

I can feel my enery raising. My Saturday was filled with activity! (None of it planned, I just had tons of energy to get things done!) I spring cleaned the kitchen for 6 hours (and only got half way! eek ), made sloppy joes for dinner, walked for a half an hour to the store (there and back), made 5 dozen cookies, cleaned up my work area, boiled and dyed eggs with a hyper 10 year old, AND then made 7 easter baskets!

It was an amazing day, and completely worth it! Since I got all that done on Saturday, I was able to take all of Sunday off and go to a BBQ with my boyfriend. (That was fabulous too!)

All in all, I loved the week. Eventhough I have just started, I can already see the changes, and I love 'em! lol. And, I think next week is going to be just as good! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:27 am
Seismic Schist
Good work! Seeing yourself as what you want to see is just the best thing, I love the reflections in the gym at night, I can almost see myself at a proper weight!

Walking 45 minutes every other day is FANTASTIC! You'll meet your goal very soon.

I'm pretty much at the same base as you (I'm a lot heavier though. I'm at 215 now)

Thank you ^^
I have seen your diet journal, and I do relate to you. You have truly inspired me. I know you will meet your goal. ^_^  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:28 am
Monday morning weigh-in: 191 lbs

This week was a little harder. I fell into old habits a few times, and I over ate for a couple meals. So, when I stepped on the scale, and saw that it was only one pound I was upset. I'm never going to meet my weight loss goal!, I thought. I threw myself out of the bathroom, and into the kitchen, for a cup of coffee. And when I sat to write this journal, it suddenly hit me. Something I said when I started this weight loss journey.

I said "Even if I lost only one pound a week, I would be able to meet my goal in ONLY a year! Wouldn't that be great?!" Yes, it would be great! It would be fantastic! So, I no longer see it as ONLY one pound, because that is all I truely wanted to lose in one week! I dont want to lose all the weight quickly, because I want this to be a learning and growing process. I know that the slower I lose the weight, the more likely it is to stay off. =]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:38 pm
Monday morning weigh-in: 191 lbs

Sigh! I didn't lose even a pound! =[
But its ok, I didnt gain eaither! ^_^

Hope next week has better results  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:08 pm
Monday morning weigh-in: 190 lbs

I havent posted in a couple of weeks because i was going through a bloated period. I went back up to 193, then 192, and now at 190.

I went shopping this passed weekend, and I loved it! Eventhough I have only lost 5 pounds, I felt great in all these clothes! ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am
Period Week T^T  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm
Monday morning weigh-in: 188 lbs

Woot! I was scared to hop on the scale this week, I was SO SURE that I had gained weight again! ^_^ I'm so happy!

I had fun over the weekend, Eddie, his two brothers, me and my friend Sean, all went to the movies. I was a lot of laughs, and I cant wait until this summer to do it again! =D  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:51 pm
You're doing so great!  

Starlurk

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:04 pm
Starlurk
You're doing so great!
Thank you! ^^